Eonon radio reception poll - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

View Poll Results: How is the AM/FM radio reception on your GA 7150A compared to stock?
Both AM and FM are BETTER with the Eonon than stock. 0 0%
Both AM and FM are WORSE with the Eonon than stock. 5 55.56%
Both AM and FM are about the SAME with the Eonon than stock. 2 22.22%
AM reception is the SAME or BETTER with the Eonon than stock, FM is WORSE. 0 0%
FM reception is the SAME or BETTER with the Eonon than stock, AM is WORSE. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Renboy

My Ride: 04 330Ci '08 Daytona
Eonon radio reception poll

I'd like to buy the GA7150A but have some concerns about radio reception. Please respond to the poll if you have the GA7150A model only. I won't be buying an older model Eonon so the information on those models is somewhat irrelevant to me.

Thanks.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
DjDom

My Ride: E46
Year: 2006
Model: 330ci
Transmission: 6 M/T
They haven't really changed the way they integrate the factory antenna with the new one, so everything you've heard about the older models will be fairly accurate.
DjDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
GhostFlame

My Ride: E46 Sedan
Radio reception with all Eonons I've used have been utter crap. As poster above has mentioned, the new model hasn't changed that.
And the units themselves are super buggy, they couldn't even get USB music playback right on the android model.

You might as well try the new 9" Android units coming out, with 2GB:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...ext=e46+9+inch

This one sticks out.. I can't remember what brand name its ripping off, but the software is essentially a copy of a much more expensive unit.
Click

Edit: The unit above is ripping off the Avin, which isn't that much more expensive. I'd probably go for this one:
https://avinusa.com/bmw-3-series-e46...on-system.html

Last edited by GhostFlame; 10-03-2017 at 12:53 PM.
GhostFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
There's a reason why Dynavin units which are German made cost $600. Only device I will be spending my money on when the time comes.

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
I recently purchased one off of Ebay (official Eonon seller), and not only the FM and AM suck (no AM reception at all), but the thing doesn't even sit flush with the trim, due to the fact that they don't ship their units with a 90 degree antenna adapter.

The Eonon on e46f.c doesn't even bother responding to my questions through posts and pms lol...

I still have about 50 days left out of the 60-day money back guarantee, so I will see if they will make this right. I may return this and go for a different unit such as "Seicane". At least they ship with the correct antenna adapter and I won't have to stare at the "Eonon" logo when I'm reaching for the unit.
Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #6
GhostFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I recently purchased one off of Ebay (official Eonon seller), and not only the FM and AM suck (no AM reception at all), but the thing doesn't even sit flush with the trim, due to the fact that they don't ship their units with a 90 degree antenna adapter.

The Eonon on e46f.c doesn't even bother responding to my questions through posts and pms lol...

I still have about 50 days left out of the 60-day money back guarantee, so I will see if they will make this right. I may return this and go for a different unit such as "Seicane". At least they ship with the correct antenna adapter and I won't have to stare at the "Eonon" logo when I'm reaching for the unit.
Get your order number ready.
Eonon is about to come in this thread like a hero and ask you to PM them so they can "resolve" your concerns.

I thought they stopped shipping new units with that mismatched antenna adaptor.
In my case, I had to spend another $25 on a Metra antenna from Amazon.

To their credit, the right angle antenna did show up to my house after I contacted them.
Only took about 1.5 months after my initial request.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
Renboy

My Ride: 04 330Ci '08 Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
There's a reason why Dynavin units which are German made cost $600. Only device I will be spending my money on when the time comes.
I don't have anything Apple related, and they don't make anything Android based so that's definitely out for me.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
Jason325xi
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2004 325xi 5speed
There was an eanon head unit in my e46 when I got it. The used car dealer I got it from pretty much only had e46s and then some x5 and x3s on their lot. I think they installed them on most of the e46s to make them more appealing to buyers. Anyways though, most of the stations I listen to come in ok. Sometimes the fuzz out some if I park up against a big brick wall. I've never tried any AM stations so I can't say anything about that.
Adjustable koni yellow front struts, Rob43 9-way adjustable rear shocks, Special Rob43 lowering springs, supreme power drop hats, billet aluminum rear shock mounts, poly RTAB, poly FCAB, G.A.S. Disa kit, G.A.S. 1.2bar expansion tank cap, M56 valve cover

"No, thanks. I'm a vegetarian." Is a fun thing to say when someone hands you their baby.

Jason325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
DjDom

My Ride: E46
Year: 2006
Model: 330ci
Transmission: 6 M/T
Yeah I'm getting really fed up with my Eonon.. At first I loved it.
Honestly, it's not a bad unit for what it is, but it's all the little issues that get really annoying and combine to make it a pretty crappy unit.

Radio reception sucks, somehow my FM works decently, but AM.. good luck.
Bluetooth takes a minute to connect, it'll connect but the music skips for the first minute.
When the unit powers on, all the speakers start 'hissing' from power going through them.
When you're in reverse, you get silence, no music, it mutes it for the 'camera' regardless if you have one hooked up.
Tons of other little bugs.. doesn't manage storage properly. I can keep going..

I'm actually interested in that AVIN unit now.. I'm not big on how it sticks out of the dash though. Doesn't look OEM.
DjDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:31 PM   #10
GhostFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDom View Post
Honestly, it's not a bad unit for what it is, but it's all the little issues that get really annoying and combine to make it a pretty crappy unit.

Bluetooth takes a minute to connect, it'll connect but the music skips for the first minute.
When the unit powers on, all the speakers start 'hissing' from power going through them.
When you're in reverse, you get silence, no music, it mutes it for the 'camera' regardless if you have one hooked up.

I'm actually interested in that AVIN unit now.. I'm not big on how it sticks out of the dash though. Doesn't look OEM.

It looks.. interesting.
Definitely doesn't fit "technologically" in a dated car like ours, but it may be marvellous to use.

The unit definitely needs more exposure.
Here are a couple of post-installation pictures for others to see:

Old 10-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #11
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 98 M-Z3, 01 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renboy View Post
I don't have anything Apple related, and they don't make anything Android based so that's definitely out for me.
That has nothing to do with it. I think you're confused. Eonon, Avin, and some others use Android as the operating system and can connect with any phone. The Dynavin has a proprietary operating systems and can also connect with any phone. Well, the phone must be BT capable.

Both phones connect via Bluetooth. You can also connect via Aux cable or even USB.

BTW, the Dynavin is a noticeable improvement over the stock Business CD radio.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #12
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quite a few people who use Avin units are having some issues as well. There's a thread on the Avant 2 where the representative from Avin stopped responding there, even to emails. There was supposed to be a replacement, the Avant 3, coming out in 2016 but that was all just talk

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:16 AM   #13
Stevae

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325I
Quote:
I'd like to buy the GA7150A but have some concerns about radio reception. Please respond to the poll if you have the GA7150A model only. I won't be buying an older model Eonon so the information on those models is somewhat irrelevant to me.

Thanks.
My radio reception is fine. The biggest problem I have with my GA7150A is that it worked perfectly well for several months, but now it changes functions without my touching it. I can be driving and it will change from the radio to music, and then to video and back to music without my ever touching it. This is really annoying. So you might want to think about that before buying it.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 AM   #14
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:

Thanks.
Hi Renboy, we choose the the Low IF Tuner HIgh performance One chip TEF6686 for the Eonon head unit GA7150A, which is with smooth and good reception. We couldnít tell the AM/FM radio reception on our GA7150A compared to stock is better or worse as we havenít tested or compared about it. Hope you understand, thanks.
Please rest assured that we provide with 60-day money back, free return guarantee and 2-year warranty on Eonon head units. Welcome to get the best offer on GA7150A under Columbus Day Celebration here: https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GP...onnection.html Thanks.

Welcome to check our
New Powerful BMW E46 Android 7.1 GA8150A with 2GB RAM, Octa-Core, 32GB ROM & Split Screen Multi-tasking, more possibilities and entertainment!

16 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #15
Stevae

One other thing. Notice that not only did Eonon NOT answer my complaint, but my unit is still inside the warranty and they have not tried to offer me a fix. What they try to do is get you into a private conversation, so others will not see their lack of care. If they truly wanted to help the customer, they would do it right here on the forum, so others can see the fix and their level of customer service, like many other companies. But they don't do that. They tell you to call them, or contact them privately so they can cheat, lie and steal your time and money. If this unit worked properly all the time, I would recommend it highly. But with the problems it is showing, and the total lack of customer support, I can NOT recommend this unit. It's just not worth having to deal with a Chinese manufacturer, who lies, cheats and steals their way through all of their customers. Go read their forums. It's a mess...
Old 10-11-2017, 04:30 AM   #16
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
They haven't really changed the way they integrate the factory antenna with the new one, so everything you've heard about the older models will be fairly accurate.
Hi DjDom, the antenna of the original car plays the role in sending signal to the antenna port of the head unit. We optimize the radio circuit on the head unit and it has been improved actually in the new units. Hope you understand, thanks.

Welcome to check our
New Powerful BMW E46 Android 7.1 GA8150A with 2GB RAM, Octa-Core, 32GB ROM & Split Screen Multi-tasking, more possibilities and entertainment!

16 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
Old 10-11-2017, 05:03 AM   #17
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post

Hi SeanC, we apologize for the late reply. Our related customer service has shipped out the 90 degree antenna adapter for you. Please just keep contact with us by email. So we can help you better, thanks!

Welcome to check our

Old 10-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #18
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:

Hi DjDom, you will be highly appreciated if you could tell us which Eonon head unit you have or PM us your order no. of the unit or your email address. We will help you further, thanks.

Welcome to check our

Old 10-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #19
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevae View Post
My radio reception is fine. The biggest problem I have with my GA7150A is that it worked perfectly well for several months, but now it changes functions without my touching it. I can be driving and it will change from the radio to music, and then to video and back to music without my ever touching it. This is really annoying. So you might want to think about that before buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevae View Post
One other thing. Notice that not only did Eonon NOT answer my complaint, but my unit is still inside the warranty and they have not tried to offer me a fix. What they try to do is get you into a private conversation, so others will not see their lack of care. If they truly wanted to help the customer, they would do it right here on the forum, so others can see the fix and their level of customer service, like many other companies. But they don't do that. They tell you to call them, or contact them privately so they can cheat, lie and steal your time and money. If this unit worked properly all the time, I would recommend it highly. But with the problems it is showing, and the total lack of customer support, I can NOT recommend this unit. It's just not worth having to deal with a Chinese manufacturer, who lies, cheats and steals their way through all of their customers. Go read their forums. It's a mess...
Hi Stevae, we apologize for the experience you have had with your Eonon unit. We apologize for the late reply as we spent National Holiday the other days in China. Please rest assured that we are always here and do our best to help you with Eonon products. Hope you understand, thanks! We have sent you the software upgrade via PM to help resolve this issue of your unit. Please have a try and tell us the result, thank you!

Welcome to check our

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:34 AM   #20
Stevae

The updated firmware didn't help. The system is still jumping functions from radio, to music to video and back. I think you should send me a new harness. I think that is where the problem is.