E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #1
amitv85
ROI-ndian

My Ride: is oOoOoUT
Send a message via AIM to amitv85
Repair And Powdercoating: Wheels America???

hey

i have brushed alum. iforged rims that need to be repaired

I know they must of got bent driving around everyday in NYC and the clear coat is messed up

So since I am going to get a white car I am thinking of powder coating

ANY ONE EVERY USE WHEELS AMERICA?

they charge 109 to fix a rim, and also its the same price if I want them powdercoated the same time, sounds like a great deal, I just want to make sure they come out ok.

They said theres a life time warranty and if theres any bubbles just send them back and they will redo it. They are going to pick my rims up at my shop and then drop em off when done

Thanks

Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: F**k you. That's my name.
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name

Last edited by amitv85; 07-19-2004 at 04:27 PM.
amitv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
F360C

My Ride: 3er Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitv85
hey

i have brushed alum. iforged rims that need to be repaired

I know they must of got bent driving around everyday in NYC and the clear coat is messed up

So since I am going to get a white car I am thinking of powder coating

ANY ONE EVERY USE WHEELS AMERICA?

they charge 109 to fix a rim, and also its the same price if I want them powdercoated the same time, sounds like a great deal, I just want to make sure they come out ok.

They said theres a life time warranty and if theres any bubbles just send them back and they will redo it. They are going to pick my rims up at my shop and then drop em off when done

Thanks
From my experience with Wheels America I would not use them. A better place is USA wheels in Fairfield NJ. They know what they are doing and the guys there do some great work. From my experience with the wheel repair you really get what you pay for.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
306rwhp/241rwtq (Mustang Dyno)
F360C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
SDpnoy

My Ride: 330Ci and M3
Anyone know a Wheel shop that repolish/power coat here in San Diego/LA area?
SDpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:01 PM   #4
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
When I had a wheel refinished by Wheels America, it took them 3 tries to get the clear coat right and I still wasn't completely satisfied. Unfortunately they are the only place around here that'll do this type of work and I have to take one of my precious DTM Kreuz 10s to get my lip redone. I rashed it the other day and need it polished out. They said they need 3 days to do it. You can tell them specifically what to do and what not to do though. I told them that if they have to take the wheel apart to fix it then call me so I can pick up the wheel. I just don't trust them taking apart 3pc wheels. I'd rather have the manufacturer do it.