E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
BHAD

My Ride: 330ci
Exclamation Porsche 996 4 Sale

My friend is selling his 1999 Carrerra 2. The milage is approximately 57,000 and his asking price is 39K. Midnight blue/tan.

Modifications include a GT3 rear wing and front bumper, black carbon fiber interior trim ($2700 from Techart), and euro-clear side markers. Supple leather upolstry, power seating, power moonroof, triptronic transmission, 18" OE turbo wheels, aluminum guages ($800 option), and leather dash.

My friend is a fanatic like me (only not an e46 fanatic!!), so he takes damn good care of his car, as you might imagine, detailing it several times a year, and servicing it frequently. He just installed new brake pads and had it fully serviced three weeks ago.

I can answer questions here, but you are honestly better off asking him the questions directly: his email address is sh8toon911@hotmail.com. The car is in Beverly Hills if you want to come by and check it out.

It is a beautiful car - I sure wish I could break my lease,
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	996.jpg
Views:	1602
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	83455  
BHAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #2
silicuda

My Ride: e30, e46 sold, e90
that's a really good deal, beautiful car..! good luck with the sale
silicuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #3
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by silicuda
that's a really good deal, beautiful car..! good luck with the sale
I appreciate that, Silicuda!! Thank you.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
dirty.bimmer
owned by the dtybean

My Ride: 330ci jet blk
intersted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAD
I appreciate that, Silicuda!! Thank you.
so its a lease???
whats the monthly payments
pm me
dirty.bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:12 AM   #5
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty.bimmer
so its a lease???
whats the monthly payments
pm me
It is paid for - but you can get a loan from a bank and finance the car for about $500/month.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
cmackin300

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG Coupe
Send a message via MSN to cmackin300 Send a message via Yahoo to cmackin300
nice car

What is the horsepower on one of these? Performance numbers? Is the tiptronic and fun to drive as compared to a manual?
I'm interested thanks

Quote:
My friend is selling his 1999 Carrerra 2. The milage is approximately 57,000 and his asking price is 39K. Midnight blue/tan.

Modifications include a GT3 rear wing and front bumper, black carbon fiber interior trim ($2700 from Techart), and euro-clear side markers. Supple leather upolstry, power seating, power moonroof, triptronic transmission, 18" OE turbo wheels, aluminum guages ($800 option), and leather dash.

My friend is a fanatic like me (only not an e46 fanatic!!), so he takes damn good care of his car, as you might imagine, detailing it several times a year, and servicing it frequently. He just installed new brake pads and had it fully serviced three weeks ago.

I can answer questions here, but you are honestly better off asking him the questions directly: his email address is sh8toon911@hotmail.com. The car is in Beverly Hills if you want to come by and check it out.

It is a beautiful car - I sure wish I could break my lease,
Brian
cmackin300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #7
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmackin300
What is the horsepower on one of these? Performance numbers? Is the tiptronic and fun to drive as compared to a manual?
I'm interested thanks
Dude - tiptronic is like SMG versus manual - it is fun to drive as far as an automatic transmission is concerned, but obviously you will not have the same thrill that a clutch will give you. But it is all a matter of taste - you have to ask yourself the same question when you got your 3er - do I want an automatic or manual? I cannot answer that question for you.

Performance numbers? The car is fast. It does not have quick pickup like a bimmer in terms of just tapping on the pedal, but when you step on the pedal, and I mean step on the pedal, the car will sh$t on your bimmer - you will hear and feel the power. 5th gear in the tiptronic has the pickup of your 3rd gear, I would say.

All Porsches are outfitted with cross-drilled brembos - keep that in mind because braking is more potent than in your 3 - and also keep in mind that the steering is much tighter than your bimmer's, making the car feel heavier. Porsches are more sport than luxury, so you have to decide what kind of a ride experience you want. Do you want to feel the road? Because you will in a Porsche, more so than on your sport chassis. You are going to hear the engine more because it is right behind your head.

Take it for a test drive if you are seriously interested!
Old 07-07-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
dirty.bimmer
owned by the dtybean

My Ride: 330ci jet blk
yo

Quote:
It is paid for - but you can get a loan from a bank and finance the car for about $500/month.
hey, bhad
I am very close in considering buying this car. the only thing holding me back is the interest rate .. if you know someone that can hook me up with no interest or very low interest consider the car sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirty.bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:45 AM   #9
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty.bimmer
hey, bhad
I am very close in considering buying this car. the only thing holding me back is the interest rate .. if you know someone that can hook me up with no interest or very low interest consider the car sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What interest rank is the bank quoting you, and what bank are you going through?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #10
elderjones

My Ride: E46
Beautiful car. I plan on buying myself a Carrera one day, but by the looks of it, not for several years, and not that one. Again, beautiful car. That's one of the few cars I'd hold as high as a BMW.
elderjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:46 AM   #11
wtf
Banned

Quote:
Dude - tiptronic is like SMG versus manual - it is fun to drive as far as an automatic transmission is concerned, but obviously you will not have the same thrill that a clutch will give you. But it is all a matter of taste - you have to ask yourself the same question when you got your 3er - do I want an automatic or manual? I cannot answer that question for you.

Performance numbers? The car is fast. It does not have quick pickup like a bimmer in terms of just tapping on the pedal, but when you step on the pedal, and I mean step on the pedal, the car will sh$t on your bimmer - you will hear and feel the power. 5th gear in the tiptronic has the pickup of your 3rd gear, I would say.

All Porsches are outfitted with cross-drilled brembos - keep that in mind because braking is more potent than in your 3 - and also keep in mind that the steering is much tighter than your bimmer's, making the car feel heavier. Porsches are more sport than luxury, so you have to decide what kind of a ride experience you want. Do you want to feel the road? Because you will in a Porsche, more so than on your sport chassis. You are going to hear the engine more because it is right behind your head.

Take it for a test drive if you are seriously interested!
i'd say tip is more like steptronic
wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:01 AM   #12
Simon@RENNsport
Banned

My Ride: POS
Not bad for 99! Good luck with the sale!
Simon@RENNsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #13
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@RENNsport
Not bad for 99! Good luck with the sale!
Thanks, Simon!!! I like your website, by the way. Where in LA are you? I see that you have a 310 #.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #14
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf
i'd say tip is more like steptronic
I said SMG because steptronic does not have F1 paddle shifting like a Porsche does.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #15
Nightrider

My Ride: M3 Coupe
Quote:
I said SMG because steptronic does not have F1 paddle shifting like a Porsche does.
Let's race and find out.
Nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:46 PM   #16
Proteinbeast

My Ride: E36 M3, A6 Quattro
Send a message via AIM to Proteinbeast
Quote:
Tip has paddles? never knew that.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #17
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteinbeast
Tip has paddles? never knew that.
Buttons, whatever!!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #18
fobe46

My Ride: 05 m3
is this still up for sell?? if so more pics to boa4ev3r@hotmail.com please. thanks
fobe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:42 AM   #19
BHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobe46
is this still up for sell?? if so more pics to boa4ev3r@hotmail.com please. thanks
I have forwarded your message to the seller. He will be in touch with you shortly.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:39 AM   #20
BHAD

This is just a note to conclude this thread - the car has sold a gentleman up in the Bay Area. Thanks everyone!!