E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #21
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyGM3
Yeah, go drive your variety of BMW's.
Let's start over...

Hi, my name is Rob. I was polite to you and clarifying what some experiences mean or do not mean.

I build performance parts for a living. A lot of performance parts. Many people view them to be the best possible that you can get, and that's a goal I shoot for.

If I point out that a single comparison between different cars has mitigating factors, for very good reasons, and do it in a polite and civil fashion, the least I can do is expect a rational and reasonable consideration on your end.

Some people consider the experience behind my explanations to be worthwhile. I consider my explanations to be concrete and provable beyond any reasonable doubt. My reputation rides on that fact.

Thre is no need to be flippant or rude. I have not treated you that way, and would appreciate if you would return the basic respect already shown to you.

Best of luck,
- Rob Levinson
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:14 PM   #22
fastestm3

My Ride: m3
All what you said is understood. But you are basically saying that each and every car has a different build. So, thay all have different DNA also, right? Seriously, if the parts are the same, the results will be the same. I have 2 friends, one being my old 330ci, 2 different years, both with SPEC setups, and they both have zero chatter, or rattle. Slightly when the air is on. Just luck, right? What is at UUC that is so "ground breaking" that they are building there-You guys offer pullies, clutches- short shifters- etc... You are not doing some ground breaking stuff here, true your more into it than we are, but there is always a limit. Now I certainly didnt mean to come across as rude so please accept my apology, but you have to agree on one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats why there are so many different car companies, and you vouch your "opinion" when ever UUC comes up, as they can only be the best... If that were so there would only be UUC..
Gabby... Its ADAM, jerry's friend,wat up
fastestm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:29 PM   #23
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestm3
All what you said is understood. But you are basically saying that each and every car has a different build. So, thay all have different DNA also, right? Seriously, if the parts are the same, the results will be the same.
That's a reduction to absurdity, and then over-simplification.

Take two brand new cars, sequential VINs. Put them both on the same dyno, one right after another. Are the results identical? Not in this universe!

Little tiny differences that usually don't need "repair" are all over the place and affect performance. Same little tiny differences can make one gearbox smooth and another rougher... or one noisier than another with the same flywheel. The initial point being that anecdotal experience is generally worthless, and needs to be taken in context. If I get mugged by a guy with sunglasses, are all sunglass-wearers muggers? No, but that demonstrates how a single-point sampling will lead to inaccurate conclusions.

This is common sense and common experience. I shouldn't even need to discuss this!

Quote:
Just luck, right? What is at UUC that is so "ground breaking" that they are building there-You guys offer pullies, clutches- short shifters- etc... You are not doing some ground breaking stuff here, true your more into it than we are, but there is always a limit.
If you don't know what's different, you haven't done any research. It's all right at http://www.uucmotorwerks.com You can click the link and read for a little while, I don't need to re-type it all here.

Quote:
Now I certainly didnt mean to come across as rude so please accept my apology, but you have to agree on one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion

Honestly, you did come off as rude. In a written medium like this, perhaps some extra care is a good idea to avoid that. We're all enthusiasts with similar goals, no reason to create a hostile environment even by accident.
(EDIT: Sorry, not you - GabbyGM3 mostly)

As I often say, opinion is perfectly fine... but has no place whatsoever in technical matters. You can "prefer" blue. You cannot "prefer" that aluminum is stronger than titanium. You can, by simple empirical evidence and measurement, know that build variation results in different final effects.

That's my point, which leads to fact that if you say "X was quieter than Y", it really should not be expressed as the accurate truth 100% of the time, but qualified as a single instance that is contrary to what we have shown in so many other Stage2/sprung-hub installs where a car's owner changes from another brand setup to UUC's and is pleasantly surprised to find the result is much quieter - never the opposite way.

- Rob

Last edited by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks; 08-03-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:44 AM   #24
jmweb

My Ride: E46 M3
I came across this thread while reading over my friends thread (SC 3series) in this section.
I feel compelled to reply b/c my car is being talked about.

The reason i suggessted that gabbygm3's flywheel is less noisy than mine is b/c i do not know every detailed noise produced by his car.

Let me try and be more specific...

Many people that drive my car can not make out the noise of my UUC clutch and flywheel. But i undoubtedly can. The reason is that i am well tuned in to every noise that my car makes. So i am able to recognize periodic rattles from the setup that others can not.

That is why my assesment of gabbygm3's flywheel does not hold much value. He has a slightly different exhaust setup than me - enough to impair me from hearing a rattle that he can.

If i were to make a proper assesment or "guess" on which setup is better, i would say that they are equal. Just as quiet and just as good.

After all, doesnt Fidanza make them for UUC ???

We should also note that gabbygm3 has a stock clutch while i have an upgraded one. Upgraded clutches are known to be louder and less driveable. So i would expect his to be quieter.

-----
I do agree with assembly variation. Thats a fact!

Last edited by jmweb; 08-04-2004 at 01:47 AM.
jmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:44 AM   #25
mt3ch
Addicted to Torque!

My Ride: 08 E93 M3 & 11 335d
Send a message via AIM to mt3ch

My VehicleHistory
2008 VW R32
2006 Misubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
1999 328is Lease Return :-)
2002 325ci AA Supercharged SOLD
2003 330i ZHP SOLD
1997 M3 Sedan FOR SALE!

Wifeys VW History
2001 VW New Beetle GLS Turbo [1.8t - 5 speed - BBS RXII's] SOLD
2007 VW GTI [DSG] - SOLD
2009 VW Tiguan S - "Babymobile"
mt3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #26
sentax

My Ride: 2005 YZF-R6 Raven
Send a message via AIM to sentax
Some of us need to go back to Statistics 101...
sentax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:04 PM   #27
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmweb
After all, doesnt Fidanza make them for UUC ???
We make no secret of that whatsoever. However, all of our flywheels are co-developed proprietary designs, most of them use an alternate or custom clutch setup.

We're very proud of our relationship with Fidanza. Nobody builds a better-quality flywheel product.

Quote:
We should also note that gabbygm3 has a stock clutch while i have an upgraded one. Upgraded clutches are known to be louder and less driveable. So i would expect his to be quieter.
Oh, definitely!

Quote:
-----
I do agree with assembly variation. Thats a fact!

- Rob
Old 08-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #28
Dinizzle

My Ride: is transforming
Send a message via AIM to Dinizzle
Quote:
Yeah, go drive your variety of BMW's.
you're an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentax
Some of us need to go back to Statistics 101...
indeed...
Mods:Dinan CAI and Stage II Software, Dinan Front Srut Bar, 3.46 Rear Diff, UUC EVO3 SSK, Rogue WSR, OEM Smoked Lenses, Custom OEM Euro M3 Front End, Hamann Front Spoiler, M3 Hood, 18x8.5 BBS RS-GT, OEM ///M3 Steering Wheel
Dinizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:41 AM   #29
GabbyGM3

My Ride: 2003, Jet Blk M3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinizzle
you're an idiot

indeed...
Who are you?

GabbyGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:36 AM   #30
JCFreakCV

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible
Quote:

Will if work with an SMG?

Mods: Hamann Splitter, Hamann Brake Ducts, Hamann eyelids, Hamann Spoiler, Painted side markers, Xenon foglights, Xenon interior lights, Xenon blinkers, Computer Software, 20x8.5 Front 20x9.5 Rear Foose Speedsters wrapped w/ BFGoodridge G-Force 285's Rear 245's front
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 small.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	88175  
JCFreakCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #31
GabbyGM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFreakCV
It works perfectly with mine.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #32
europass
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!

My Ride: Redneck Titan, 325i
Good luck Gabby, for a good seller!

Parts For Sale!!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=457935
europass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #33
GabbyGM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by europass
Good luck Gabby, for a good seller!
Thanks, just trying to hook some people up with a flywheel. Other vendors are just hating the undercut in price and must scare away customers. It's ok, if you need a flywheel for your bike let me know!

Old 08-16-2004, 06:55 PM   #34
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
yes it will work

i look into it for my 03smgm3 it can use the same lwfw as a 6 speed does. that match up with a clutch with it to.
bobm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFreakCV

Mods: Hamann Splitter, Hamann Brake Ducts, Hamann eyelids, Hamann Spoiler, Painted side markers, Xenon foglights, Xenon interior lights, Xenon blinkers, Computer Software, 20x8.5 Front 20x9.5 Rear Foose Speedsters wrapped w/ BFGoodridge G-Force 285's Rear 245's front