E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #21
daapower

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46'd
private sale > trade-in > carmax. Carmax will not give you a good deal. I had a friend go there to sell his car and they offered him less than the dealer would have given him. fwiw
I had 2 friends sell their car to Carmax rather than trade them in because Carmax was willing to offer significantly more than the dealerships and pretty close to private party value. They figured the differential betwen the private party and carmax price was worth the sacrifice since they didn't have to go through the trouble of selling the cars themselves.

It also probably has something to do with their customers demands as well. My friends sold them a 99 Jetta and a 99 Accord, both of which have a fair amount of demand used. If you were trying to sell them something that wasn't in demand, they probably wouldn't be willing to offer much.
daapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #22
e46'd

My Ride: e46 M3
I agree with you.
e46'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:15 PM   #23
LIL RAJA

My Ride: bmw m3 artic silver
Send a message via AIM to LIL RAJA
I Don't....
Venturefilms/3M
2005 Acura TSX
-----------------------------
LIL RAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 AM   #24
ToddPhilly

My Ride: 330ci
sorry it took so long to reply...

I was on vacation, and I didn't have access to the internet.

I've just recently had a good deal of interest in the car. I would really like to get close to what I'm asking...since I'm discounting it so much already.

Drop me an e-mail at todd.little@villanova.edu if interested.

Take care,
Todd
ToddPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #25
Dieselboy
Banned

My Ride: bicycle
How much would this m3 sell for???

2003 bmw m3 convertible

specs:
silver exterior
black leather
premium package
19 inch rims
heated seats
smg
xenons
park distance control
lumbar seats
hk stereo
IT HAS ONLY 80 MILES YES 80 MILES!!!

how much would this car sell for?
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:20 AM   #26
ToddPhilly

My Ride: 330ci
Sorry...no clue...

I really don't know much about cabrio pricing. I would post this question on the main forum.

Good Luck!
ToddPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #27
aliusa

My Ride: ///M5
Listing site for your car

You can also post an ad at www.craigslist.org. The listing is for free. I have sold my two previous cars through this site. I hope it helps for you too.

Selling hint: Since the auto classified section lists the postings by days, once you post the ad, renew it after every day or so, so it can be more visible.

Good luck with the sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddPhilly
I currently have my car on AutoTrader, RoadFly, and here. Other than these 3, are there any other auto sale resources anyone would recommend. I've had a ton of interest in my car, but only one person who put a deposit and then couldn't get financing. I've also had a bunch of people try to "low-ball" me into selling for $35K. I told them to take a hike, because the car is already discounted substantially. Anyway, any advice would be appreicated.

Thanks,
Todd
aliusa is offline   Reply With Quote