E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #21
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago
How long is Goodwood? From what I remember, the Ontario and U.S. tracks tended to be short (400 m). Here in Quebec we run classes and tracks that are more in line with European karting. My home track (SRA - St-Roch-de-l'Achigan) is something like 1.2km long.
I am pretty sure Goodwood is that long or perhaps even a bit longer. I know they used to run a lot of direct-drive karts there. A friend of mine was involved in a Forumula A pile-up in the first turn one time. Brake rotor cut his hand, but the rotor was so hot it cauterized the wound instantly.

My home track in East Avon, NY was around 0.2km. The other nearby track in Batavia is probably over a km long. Lots of elevation change at Batavia too. None at Avon. Batavia is owned by a Canadian, Gino Romeo. I know Gino through a mutual friend (we were both in my friend's wedding). His son Mike was racing open wheel cars last I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago
I need to find my own Grover Pickering!
Yeah, I was really lucky. I didn't expect that at all. I was looking around for a shell to build a race car and then he told me I should drive his!

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #22
cabana

My Ride: 2007 330xi,323i 1999
Hey santiago glad to see another fanatics from quebec

Do you know any good place in the province where we can do
fun lap with our car (Except St-Eustache track) ?
cabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:07 PM   #23
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabana
Hey santiago glad to see another fanatics from quebec

Do you know any good place in the province where we can do
fun lap with our car (Except St-Eustache track) ?
Hi Cabana,

I don't do lapping with my car so I'm not sure. I suggest you contact the FAQ http://www.autoquebec.ca/default.php Let me know what you find out.

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #24
cabana

Well nothing really interesting.. but I discovered that we have SOLO, SOLO 1 and SOLO 2 competitions and I think you need a SNELL 95 + for SOLO and SOLO 2, and 2000+ for SOLO 1. Maybe I'll try to check this out next spring

BTW it would be fun to see your 325iT kick some sportcars ass
Old 09-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #25
cabana

Ok here we go we have 3 tracks

Sanair
St-Eustache
Ste-Croix

and 2 other that are not so far:

Mosport Ontario
Shannonville Ontario

Solo events are organised by LAPS (laps.ca) and alot more organised
by BMW CC of Quebec (bmwclub.ca)
Old 09-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #26
Santiago

Quote:
Well nothing really interesting.. but I discovered that we have SOLO, SOLO 1 and SOLO 2 competitions and I think you need a SNELL 95 + for SOLO and SOLO 2, and 2000+ for SOLO 1. Maybe I'll try to check this out next spring

BTW it would be fun to see your 325iT kick some sportcars ass
That would be funny to see, especially with the two baby seats in the back. I'm not into cone-crushing and would likely lean towards Solo 1 if I had the time. Actually, if I had more time I'd probably get back into karting.

I do recommend the springtime FAQ racing school. I took it a few years ago and found it to be very good and a lot of fun.

I have been intrigued by the spec Toyota Echo series. I have a friend who is thinking of joining the series and I may observe/help him out. Who knows, maybe it will be interesting?

Life is fragile
Old 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #27
cabana

I saw them racing at the GrandPrix of Trois-Rivières (Hometown)
What is fun is that they are all equal cars.. so it is really the driver
skills that count

Where can i attend to the spring FAQ you are talking about?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #28
Santiago

Quote:
I saw them racing at the GrandPrix of Trois-Rivières (Hometown)
What is fun is that they are all equal cars.. so it is really the driver
skills that count

Where can i attend to the spring FAQ you are talking about?
Next year's calendar may not be set yet so you'll have to keep an eye on their web page (http://www.autoquebec.ca/default.php) or better yet, give them a call. Their offices are located within the Olympic Stadium. I've been there a few times for license purposes, it's easy to find. If you are located in Trois-Rivieres it would be a bit of a drive just for paperwork so you should give them a call.

You likely will have to belong to an affiliated club as well. LAPS is probably the best bet if you choose to do Solo. When I held my karting license I belonged to the SRA club.

If you do choose to follow the school, check with cwarner and all the questions/advise that have been included in this thread with regards to preparing your car. You can't just arrive and drive. Your brakes and clutch should be in good condition.

Life is fragile