E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 11:27 PM   #1
DMXtremeZHP

Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
330i ZHP vs 1998 M3

tonight, i met up with my cousin with his 1998 m3 and we did a couple of laps around a deserted track around the area, wanting to compare the 2...

zhp is completely stock (and step ), with bridgestone potenza re40s

m3 5spd has shark, dinan CAI, and exhaust, with kumhos

we just did a couple quick laps for fun cause we had places to be, but overall i was keeping up with him, he starts to pull away around 80-100, but thats only about as fast we were able to go on this track. but 0-60 we were about even.. not one car was much better than the other. (if any of you guys are curious in the north nj area of where this track is, just PM me). I wish i had a video camera to see how it really compared. but we're planning on doing again sometime soon and when he's equipped with much better tires, i was able to hold my ground on turns while he was kinda losing it with the kumhos...

until we really learn the track during the day time or get a chance at a longer straightaway, overall, i was able to keep up to the 98 m3... fun times, looking forward to the first oil change this weekend, gruppeM arriving, and RE pulleys installed sometime this week and comparing it with those. but you zhp owners, if you ever come across an e36 m3, you will get a good run for your money!

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com

Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
DMXtremeZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
I wish i had a deserted track
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
DMan330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
I wish i had a deserted track
Why? Because you don't seem to want to run on a pefectly good track with guys willing to race you. Oh I got it- its so you can come up with excuses for why your car isn't running good and noone will be around to hear it.

MODS:
-GruppeM intake
-Technik Stage 1 powerkit
-3.15 Differential
-Illuminated M shifter
-Custom clutch stop
-BMW M3 sport pedals & dead stop
DMan330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #4
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan330i
Why? Because you don't seem to want to run on a pefectly good track with guys willing to race you. Oh I got it- its so you can come up with excuses for why your car isn't running good and noone will be around to hear it.
Man dude, drop it already. Look at my sig, my clutch and flywheel is on order and i wont be able to install it till around christmas. I wouldnt spend $1000 on a clutch and flywheel if i didnt need it.

I NEVER said my car was faster than yours(and im still not saying that), I(notice how I said "I", not my car) only ran a faster time that you(again "you", not your car). Maybe im a better drag racer than you, maybe i had track conditions favoring me those those days, there are so many ****ing variables its rediculous!

Maybe around christmas(i dunno if the track is even open then) we can both run again and put an end to your stupid bickering. Its not like id spend all of that putting up several threads each posting me times(search) from that night. The first time I went out i didnt run 9.4, i think I ran around a 9.6xx. And its not like each time I go out there i run a 9.404 every time, sometime its more like a high 9.5(depending on conditions)

And back on topic, when i was referring to any empty track around me i was referring to a road course and the like.

Last edited by vaio76109; 09-25-2004 at 02:52 PM.
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
DMXtremeZHP

Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
hey guys get along... and stop hijacking my thread lol

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com

Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
DMXtremeZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #6
palindrome

My Ride: ...
heh

Sounds like a blast. Tell your cousin to slap a turbo on there. :p
palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote