E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to Full Time Hit Man
Btw, I went to Honda today and check for the S2000 xenon bulbs. They will fit

our car cause they are D2S bulbs. And I also went to Audi and they also use D2S bulbs for the 2002 A4. Because the Honda doesn't have one in stock, so I didn't have a chance to see which brand is that. But the Audi ones are the same for BMW, they are the Osram bulbs. So, I think is the projector that is causing the blue pattern.

Last edited by Full Time Hit Man; 04-28-2002 at 02:22 AM.
Full Time Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:57 AM   #2
showboat

My Ride: 2002 M3
so u r saying that even if i get audi bulbs i will still have that yellowish color due to the bi-xenon projector???

but that dont make sense to me cuz if u put 6000k bulbs on even with bi-xenon lense the color is still very blue.....

is it possbile that maybe audi has a orsma bulb that is like 4800k or 5000k..... cuz i knwo ours is 4300k...
showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:01 AM   #3
presario

My Ride: 330ci
I believe the 3 series stocks ones are philips. I took out both my bulb and they were philips. Had them replaced because the color was off and my new ones are philips too!

I heard the the osram is bluer than the philips.

The s2k ones would be sweet! So would the audis.

Sig by Jojo//Celsius One
presario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:53 AM   #4
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

No no, I mean if the Audi or S2K's xenon bulbs are 4300k, then it will be the porjector lens' problem. But if Audi or S2k has 4XXXK or greater, then is worth the try. However, they are not cheap. I got a quote for around Cdn$300/bulb. So, I would rather get 6000K bulbs because I can get them for $600 including taxes
Old 04-28-2002, 02:20 PM   #5
showboat

i got quoated 255 for a pair of audi bulbs from 2 different dealers in toronto???
and where can u get 6000k bulbs for 600 with tax... is that CDN or USD
Old 04-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #6
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

Which audi dealer did you went to? Please name it, cause then I can go harass the Richmond Audi and ask them to lower the price. I can get those 6000K bulbs locally and is in Cdn.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:48 AM   #7
showboat

Delmar Audi in london ...and audi missisauga

which shop is it that u can get 6000k for 600cdn ... please let me know the # of the shop and the name too....in BC or ontario???