E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 03:44 AM   #1
yayopwr

My Ride: yeah
WANTED: HID Bulb from a 1999 328i

Alright it looks like the guy that owned the car before me burnt out a bulb or something and they don't match....one is more purple
well whatever if this has happened to anyone i'll give you the newer bulb and some dough
yayopwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #2
mikeson

My Ride: 99 323I
Philips is little bit more white than Osram.
cause I have one Osram and driver side is Phlips and it doesn't looks same.
Osram is little bit more mild.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
yayopwr

My Ride: yeah
i thought i broke the auto level thing last night because i was screwing around with it in the dark and i left the headlights on .....
I still can't figure out how to get the bulbs off it's such a pain in hte ass. I can remove the conector that gives it power but i can't figure out how to get the actual buld out of the headlight housing....It looks like you should be able to turn the black ring around it but it won't turn. Some one help me out so i can swap the bulbs and make sure that it's the actual bulbs that are diff and not a ballast or something else like someone said because this is really getting to me.
yayopwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
Davidjay

My Ride: 2004 X3 3.0
Send a message via AIM to Davidjay
Your best bet would be to unscrew the headlights (its like 5 screws) and yes you need to unscrew the black peice.It can be somewhat of a Bit*h but will turn eventually.

I have a set of bulbs that are like new only used for two weeks until the xtec bulbs came in.PM me and we can work it out.
Davidjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
mikeson

My Ride: 99 323I
where are you located in NY?
if you are around Queens, I can take look that up.
I changed my bulbs so many time to make clean cut off line that I am still not satisfy.
send me email you phone, I may help you after 6:30PM.
mikeson@mac.com