E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires
Wheels and tires for your BMW. Stock and aftermarket wheels, tires, spacers, lug bolts, center caps, etc....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #1
dogtorj

My Ride: About 23 minutes
Feeler: OEM M68s with RE750s

I am getting new shoes in 3 weeks. I will be selling the M68s from my 2000 328ci... that I just wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza Re750s about 8,000 miles ago. They are wearing perfectly and are GREAT tires for this car...quiet, smooth, and handle amazingly well. I would keep them but am going to 18's.

The wheels are 17x7.5 front and 17x8.5 rear with tires being 225/45r-17 front and 245/40-17 rear. All 4 wheels were just touched up professionally to eliminate curb rash and they look new. A wheel guy at our local BMW dealership did an amazing job.

I'm in the "L.A." area...that's lower Alabama...for anyone interested.

John

dogtorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
bmwhamann

My Ride: 04 BM CUOPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtorj
I am getting new shoes in 3 weeks. I will be selling the M68s from my 2000 328ci... that I just wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza Re750s about 8,000 miles ago. They are wearing perfectly and are GREAT tires for this car...quiet, smooth, and handle amazingly well. I would keep them but am going to 18's.

The wheels are 17x7.5 front and 17x8.5 rear with tires being 225/45r-17 front and 245/40-17 rear. All 4 wheels were just touched up professionally to eliminate curb rash and they look new. A wheel guy at our local BMW dealership did an amazing job.

I'm in the "L.A." area...that's lower Alabama...for anyone interested.

John
LA?? wheres that..im fromnew orleans.. isit far away??..i been tryna look for m68 wheels.....or u willing to da a trade? i have an 04 cuope with 17 inch sportpackage wheels.. i dont know the style but its da new one that comes with da 04 cuope sprt pckge..well let me know thanks
bmwhamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

My Ride: 00 iT (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtorj
I am getting new shoes in 3 weeks.
Doc, just curious what wheel you're getting? with 3 weeks leadtime ?
Wagon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
sephiroth619

My Ride: 1993 BMW 325i
Interested. How much?
sephiroth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
dogtorj

Sorry for the delay, but....

I locked my keys in the trunk after hitting golf balls yesterday. My laptop was in the car. Had to bum a ride home, drive into town, and order a new key (overnite). My wife has my spare key...in California. So, I just got my car and laptop back.

I live in Mobile, Al. That IS lowest Alabama and not far from N' awlens.

I will try to post pics this weekend. As fate would have it, I brushed up against a curb for the first time since I got the car and did some minor damage to the paint on the right rear wheel. (The RE750s have a great rim protecting edge on them). I am going to take the car to the dealer on Monday for a scheduled maintenance and I will have the the wheel guy check it out. Hopefully he'll cut me a break since he just fixed them all a couple of months ago.

I'm getting a set of ASA AR1's in 18...silver with machined lip. Have you guys seen these on Tirerack yet. Wow! What a deal. I'm looking at one of them right now in my living room....very nice for the price. Great lips. And, they go really well with TiAg. Only one problem: Out of stock til December 6th. (But, with the money I save by not buying the DPEs I have been looking at, I can do the Hartge front lip, M3 sides, and ACS rear piece I have been planning for 6 months. ) So, these M68s can't be shipped 'til I get these. BUT, I will commit to selling them within the next week or so.

Any ideas what the M68s with the good rubber on them are worth?

Old 11-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #6
dogtorj

Follow up

For those of you who responded:

I decided against the wheels I was planning to get. I've decided to wait to see how those CSL replica wheels by Velocity Motors come out. So, mine won't be available 'til then. When I do get new wheels, I will repost that mine are available.

Thanks for understanding,
John

Old 12-01-2004, 12:47 AM   #7
djabaley
does anyone read my p0sts?

My Ride: 325 slushbox
I'll be in Pensacola, FL from Dec. 18 to Jan 5. If you're looking to get rid of these in that time let me know!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #8
dogtorj

Quote:
Originally Posted by djabaley
I'll be in Pensacola, FL from Dec. 18 to Jan 5. If you're looking to get rid of these in that time let me know!
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

John