E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Ivegotissues666

My Ride: 88' BMW E30 SETA
Send a message via AIM to Ivegotissues666
Who has PS/2 Xbox Touchscreen in car

What did you guys use to power say a Ps/2 or Xbox or 7"touchscreen I am installed a carputer soon with a lilliput touchscreen and a ps/2 or xbox in the future and would like yo know what everyone else uses?

A AC to DC inverter?? I would like not to use this path is there any way else? I am using a DC to DC power supply for the computer. If there a way to directly get DC power to the screen or gaming consoles or must a Inverter be used?

Thanks
Ivegotissues666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
you can do dc > dc for the screen... just check which voltage it needs.

As for the Xbox, it runs off AC power and does not go to an inverter first, like the screen/computer does, therefore w/o redoing the internal wiring, you will need a cd>ac inverter

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net

CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
Ivegotissues666

My Ride: 88' BMW E30 SETA
Send a message via AIM to Ivegotissues666
Thanks for that info I just realized after you had mentioned that the monitor I will be using does accept dc input. As for the xbox could I not tap into the ATX like style of wires with the same Power supply for the comp as long as I matched up the correct voltage wires together or would that not work. also how about a PS/2 same problem as the xbox??

thanks
Ivegotissues666 is offline   Reply With Quote