E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #21
PLAZAMAN

My Ride: FourPointEightEyeS
CA, thanks for the info man.

But i think its too late. It looks like i blew 1 diamond mid in the door.

could i actually have blown these speakers in 1 day?
i had all the gains down on the amp, xover on amp set on HP, output on the eqx was in the middle, and in the input was about 3/4 of the way up.

it was working fine this afternoon, then all of a sudden, it stopped.

Last edited by PLAZAMAN; 12-14-2004 at 02:56 PM.
PLAZAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:52 PM   #22
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAZAMAN
CA, thanks for the info man.

But i think its too late. It looks like i blew 1 diamond mid in the door.

could i actually have blown these speakers in 1 day?
i had all the gains down on the amp, xover on amp set on HP, output on the eqx was in the middle, and in the input was about 3/4 of the way up.

it was working fine this afternoon, then all of a sudden, it stopped.
If it wasn't adjusted properly and the speaker was getting a clipped signal or playing below frequency range, it is very possible. Hopefully it is something as simple as a loose connection.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #23
PLAZAMAN

i guess i clipped it to death. i open the door panel and took it out.
check the connections... everything seems to be connected properly.

took the the speaker out and plugged it directly into the xover. samething, doesnt play.

but 1 side still plays. should both have blown since its the same signal sent to both?

is it possible for the eqx to send a clipped signal to the amp?
Old 12-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #24
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAZAMAN
i guess i clipped it to death. i open the door panel and took it out.
check the connections... everything seems to be connected properly.

took the the speaker out and plugged it directly into the xover. samething, doesnt play.

but 1 side still plays. should both have blown since its the same signal sent to both?

is it possible for the eqx to send a clipped signal to the amp?
Just to be sure, plug the other speaker up and see if it plays. Although unlikely, the crossover could be bad.

The EQX will send a clipped signal if it receives a clipped signal (it might also send a clipped signal if you have a segment of the eq turned way).

Read the instructions in the EQX and set it properly. Using the LEDs, it will indicate if it is getting a clipped signal, so it really is fool-proof. On the VGAs, you do have to be careful setting the gains. It might not be a bad idea to get a copy of the autosound amplifier setting CD. I think it is about $10. Even though it is most helpful when used inconjunction with test equipment, it should help when doing it by ear.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #25
PLAZAMAN

i had the EQX settings all flat
i didnt have the gains properly though