E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires
Wheels and tires for your BMW. Stock and aftermarket wheels, tires, spacers, lug bolts, center caps, etc....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 01:45 AM   #41
ryyster
needs a proper photoshoot..

My Ride: -----
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiedg
Hey Rye,
Man, can you give me some advice??? I am looking at getting 18's or 19's hamann pg2 or 3's. Cant decide in 18's or 19's. After seeing how awsome yours looked i just want 19's. Can you tell me how good the ride comfort is with the 19's. I am trying not to loose much of the beemer comfort?? Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks dave
Hey dave whats up,

The ride quality with 19's is not bad at all, considering you will need a good suspension set up to begin with, you should be fine. I would suggest looking into H&R race/sport springs with aftermarket shocks. Or if you want to spend a bit more, get a full coil over set up such as kw, pss9 or H&R. I hear the H&R cup kit is a good set up. Since comfort is your main concern, i guess a 1.5 drop in the front and about 1.2 rear should be fine, nothing to drastic as your ride will be harsh. I hope i helped out somewhat but i'm no expert..heh...
ryyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:26 AM   #42
Bimmer9938

My Ride: Eric's MOM
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer9938
Not trying to poop your thread , but if anyone is looking for some Hamann wheels my perfect 19x8.5/10 PG3s are up for sale.

FB: Jonny Sorgio www.BigBlackH2.com
Bimmer9938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #43
ryyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
Not trying to poop your thread , but if anyone is looking for some Hamann wheels my perfect 19x8.5/10 PG3s are up for sale.

haha no problem, nice rims btw!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #44
goldiedg

My Ride: 2002 325 ci
pg3's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
Hey Bimmer,
Is that your car in the pic?? Nice rims i am looking to buy some pg2's or 3's. How do you find the 19 x 10's on the rear. Do they rub? I have a 325 coupe, will they fit?
Also can you email me some pics? Very interested!!!!
Thanks Dave
goldiedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #45
Bimmer9938

My Ride: Eric's MOM
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer9938
Yea thats my 330 in the pic . Its about to go through puberty so the wheels are going to have to find a new home. I had the fender lips air sawed off so they wouln't rub. I've heard if you don't lower the car they clear . I modded the rear fenders as we installed the wheels so not sure if they would have hit with stock suspension , I currently run Eibach Sportlines with the spring isolators removed so it moderately lower.

FB: Jonny Sorgio www.BigBlackH2.com
Bimmer9938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:24 PM   #46
goldiedg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrye46
Hey dave whats up,

The ride quality with 19's is not bad at all, considering you will need a good suspension set up to begin with, you should be fine. I would suggest looking into H&R race/sport springs with aftermarket shocks. Or if you want to spend a bit more, get a full coil over set up such as kw, pss9 or H&R. I hear the H&R cup kit is a good set up. Since comfort is your main concern, i guess a 1.5 drop in the front and about 1.2 rear should be fine, nothing to drastic as your ride will be harsh. I hope i helped out somewhat but i'm no expert..heh...
Hey Rye
Just a question, what size pg3 19's were you running on your car?
Thanks Dave
Old 12-15-2004, 12:04 AM   #47
ryyster

Quote:
Hey Rye
Just a question, what size pg3 19's were you running on your car?
Thanks Dave
hi dave, i was also runnning 19x10's in the rear with pirelli 265/30 tires. I basically did the same thing as bimmer9938, had to saw the rear inner fenders all out but in addition, i also had to pull out my rear fender, as my drop would not clear the 10's in the rear with that drop.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:07 AM   #48
goldiedg

Quote:
hi dave, i was also runnning 19x10's in the rear with pirelli 265/30 tires. I basically did the same thing as bimmer9938, had to saw the rear inner fenders all out but in addition, i also had to pull out my rear fender, as my drop would not clear the 10's in the rear with that drop.
Hey thanks man,
What do you actually mean when you say you had to pull out the rear fender. Did you have to really stretch the gard by going to a panel beater ??? Sorry for the stupid question. Do you still think 19 x 8.5 will look good, or even 18's. Pretty sure i will go for the 19's though.
Dave
Old 12-15-2004, 10:41 AM   #49
ryyster

Quote:
Hey thanks man,
What do you actually mean when you say you had to pull out the rear fender. Did you have to really stretch the gard by going to a panel beater ??? Sorry for the stupid question. Do you still think 19 x 8.5 will look good, or even 18's. Pretty sure i will go for the 19's though.
Dave

Hmmmm, i guess you can put it that way, i had to pull the rear fender out evenly or else you would see ripples and uneven spots and that wouldn't be good. I think 19x8.5 is good but i've always loved staggered on a bmw, and 18's i wouldn't do unless they were the stock zhp rims, besides that, rather save up for some 19's. hope all this wasn't too confusing..lol...
Old 12-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #50
goldiedg

Quote:
Hmmmm, i guess you can put it that way, i had to pull the rear fender out evenly or else you would see ripples and uneven spots and that wouldn't be good. I think 19x8.5 is good but i've always loved staggered on a bmw, and 18's i wouldn't do unless they were the stock zhp rims, besides that, rather save up for some 19's. hope all this wasn't too confusing..lol...
Yeah sounds good 19's it is!!!! Probably go 19 x 8.5 with a bigger tire on the rear!!! Thanks for the advice !!
Dave