E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
EVO2 to EVO3 trade-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRain
I am current using the EVO2 SSK on my '02 330i. I'm wondering how much is the EVO3 SSK? And if there's a trade-in special for EVO2 users? (I sometimes have problem getting into first gear and the shifting effort and noise is quite significant for the EVO2, so if the price is not too much, I'd want to upgrade).

Please advise.

Thank you Rob.

EVO3 pricing varies by model. Please see our website for details:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...hifter_nav.htm

I have posted about UUC's trade-in deal before. For users of shiftes that are not made by UUC, we offer $50 (for details, click here). We do have a special UUC Customer Loyalty Program where that refund is doubled to $100 when trading in any previous-generation UUC shifter (EVO2, EVO1, and older).

However, due to a lot of interest recently, we are increasing the trade-up refund to $125. You must order directly from UUC and call us to order for this promotio - 908-874-9092.

You will find EVO3 to be smoother, lower-effort, and certainly much quieter (on par with the OE shifter). I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

On a seperate but related note, you mentioned you have trouble engaging 1st gear. In a situation where just a single (or even two) gears are difficult to engage, that says one thing: it's a transmission issue. Try switching to Redline D4 Synthetic ATF (correct spec fluid for your car, fully warranty compliant). The D4 has better friction additives than anything else we have tried, and will really smooth out a stiff or crunchy synchro.

- Rob Levinson

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]

Last edited by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks; 01-15-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
BigRain
^_^

My Ride: 316i
Thanks for the reply Rob. I now have the following Q's.

1) the website says trade-in requires the original receipt. However, like 99% of other average person ( I assume ), I no longer have my receipt anymore. Am I still eligible for the $125 rebate when sending my old EVO2 SSK in?

2) You mentioned using Redline to smooth the shifting a bit. But does this mean I should really go fix/replace my synchro instead? Or the synchro is really not broken but just badly designed?

Thanks.

'02 Ti Ag 4dr : 99% stock
BigRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Rob. I now have the following Q's.

1) the website says trade-in requires the original receipt. However, like 99% of other average person ( I assume ), I no longer have my receipt anymore. Am I still eligible for the $125 rebate when sending my old EVO2 SSK in?
The receipt for the new, replacement shifter... not your original one. We'll know it's a UUC product simply by looking at it, and we ask you to include a copy of the receipt for the newly-purchased EVO3 so we can make sure we are crediting the right customer.

Quote:
2) You mentioned using Redline to smooth the shifting a bit. But does this mean I should really go fix/replace my synchro instead? Or the synchro is really not broken but just badly designed?
The only "repair" is "new transmission". The synchros don't really break in these situations, they're just working sub-optimally (which means your new-car warranty will not cover a relatively minor complaint like that). The materials and design of those internal parts are very sensitive to friction (specifically, the right amount of friction) between their parts.

- Rob

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Old 01-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Rob,

How hard is it to put in an SSK? Is it something I could do on my own time in my garage?

Never really touched trans stuff except for fluid change, but competent enough to do pad and rotor changes, fully suspension changes etc.

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
GBX330ci

My Ride: 2011 Cayenne 6sp
Send a message via AIM to GBX330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
The receipt for the new, replacement shifter... not your original one. We'll know it's a UUC product simply by looking at it, and we ask you to include a copy of the receipt for the newly-purchased EVO3 so we can make sure we are crediting the right customer.
Rob, are we talking a $125 credit to my credit card, or a credit towards another purchase?

and, is the dssr included with the shifter?

Last edited by GBX330ci; 01-15-2005 at 01:30 PM.
GBX330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
BigRain
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX330ci
Rob, are we talking a $125 credit to my credit card, or a credit towards another purchase?

Good point, if the price is good, I can do this upgrade and change the transmission fluid at the same time.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
BigRain
^_^

Rob,

So the final cash out price for this item is
$355 (MSRP for EVO3) -$125 (trade-in) = $230
$99 (MSRP for DSSR)
Total of $329 for the upgrade.

Is there anything you can do to help an upgrading UUC patriant out to perhaps offer them as a package deal or something?

Old 01-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #8
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
Rob,

How hard is it to put in an SSK? Is it something I could do on my own time in my garage?

Never really touched trans stuff except for fluid change, but competent enough to do pad and rotor changes, fully suspension changes etc.
You are definitely qualified from a mechanical perspective; the one limitation to home installation is that you have to get under the car. UUC strongly urges you to follow strict safety precautions when working underneath a car, which means at the very least you should have a good set of jack stands. Never get under a car using just a floor jack.

No special tools are required, just a flat-blade screwdriver and circlip pliers. Figure doing it on your own, the first time, you should budget about 3 hours. It may take you much less time, but have the spare time available in case you find things going slowly.

- Rob
Old 01-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Refunded directly to your credit card.

Quote:
The DSSR is always an additional purchase.

- Rob
Old 01-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Rob,

So the final cash out price for this item is
$355 (MSRP for EVO3) -$125 (trade-in) = $230
$99 (MSRP for DSSR)
Total of $329 for the upgrade.

Is there anything you can do to help an upgrading UUC patriant out to perhaps offer them as a package deal or something?
Those are the right numbers.

Tell you what - just for the month of January we'll knock another $15 off the price of the DSSR when you buy the entire package on the trade-in program (this also applies to other-brand trade-ins) and give free shipping.

This would make your grand total = $314

How does that sound?

- Rob
Old 01-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
GBX330ci

My Ride: 2011 Cayenne 6sp
Send a message via AIM to GBX330ci
Quote:

Tell you what - just for the month of January we'll knock another $15 off the price of the DSSR when you buy the entire package on the trade-in program (this also applies to other-brand trade-ins) and give free shipping.

How does that sound?

- Rob
Very tempting, very tempting indeed
GBX330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #12
DJ'S_PIMP_WHIP

My Ride: THREE 2 EIGHT
I love how I get broke right when good things like this come along lol. Oh well, this is an amazing offer, should certainly spike there EVO3 sales this month.

DJ

Quote:
Very tempting, very tempting indeed

My new goal, Beat par on a golf course with a slope above 120!

DJ
DJ'S_PIMP_WHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #13
BigRain
^_^

Quote:

How does that sound?

- Rob
I'm going to make the order this FRI (my b-day). heehhe. Thanks for the $15 discount... anymore $$$ off for purchasing on the birth-day?

Old 01-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
BigRain
^_^

ok, I've order the parts today as promised.... without additional birthday discount~