E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #21
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer
Saw these today over at UUC's shop. Very nice product and a decent price too. Too bad these came a few weeks to late. I just did a full brake pad/fluid change. No need to go through that process again anytime soon. Maybe in a few months?
Ditto! If I hadnt just done a complete change and flush a month ago I would put these on now as well!

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #22
KillFox

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Send a message via AIM to KillFox
Just ordered a set

I liked your's so much, I am going to send my Turner Motorport ones back lol. Another awesome addition to the UUC product selection.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 AM   #23
BigRain
^_^

My Ride: 316i
I'm sorry to steal this thread but I've a Q for Rob here.

I am current using the EVO2 SSK on my '02 330i. I'm wondering how much is the EVO3 SSK? And if there's a trade-in special for EVO2 users? (I sometimes have problem getting into first gear and the shifting effort and noise is quite significant for the EVO2, so if the price is not too much, I'd want to upgrade).

Please advise.

Thank you Rob.

'02 Ti Ag 4dr : 99% stock
BigRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #24
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRain
I'm sorry to steal this thread but I've a Q for Rob here.
No need to be sorry! Just click here instead:

Actually, I'll even do it. Click here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2303240

Friends don't let friends threadjack.

- Rob

Last edited by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks; 01-15-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #25
omes

My Ride: E60 ///M5
Rob,

Can the front/ rears be bought separately on the intro pricing? I have brembos up front that have goodrich SS lines already but would like to upgrade the rears.

Thanks
Omes
Old 01-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #26
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by omes
Rob,

Can the front/ rears be bought separately on the intro pricing? I have brembos up front that have goodrich SS lines already but would like to upgrade the rears.

Thanks
Omes

Sure, half price.

The 2-line package is not offered on the website, you must call to order - 908-874-9092.

- Rob
Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 PM   #27
Maverick1

My Ride: 2001 330i
Rob, I'll call you tomorrow or Wednesday to order...any chance I can get a deal if I order the lines, your swaybars and some sachs suspension for my '01 330?
Maverick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #28
UUC Motorwerks, *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1
Rob, I'll call you tomorrow or Wednesday to order...any chance I can get a deal if I order the lines, your swaybars and some sachs suspension for my '01 330?
We'll figure something out. Give me a call, I'm probably off e-mail/internet for the next day or so, just too busy.

- Rob
Old 01-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #29
Maverick1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
We'll figure something out. Give me a call, I'm probably off e-mail/internet for the next day or so, just too busy.

- Rob
Rob, I think I'll just oder the lines for now then the sways then the sachs suspension. I called the shop and discovered you guys don't take Paypal which I have $1500 sitting in there...the wife'll freak if she sees the bill of $1100+...unless there is something we can work out because I do want all three. Lemme know if it can be done otherwise, I'll be on your site, one item at a time and well spaced out

Last edited by Maverick1; 01-19-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #30
JCz04Bimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci & 06 Z4MC
Send a message via AIM to JCz04Bimmer
Just ask PayPal to cut you a check. I don't think there's a fee or anything. So when you get the check, cash it, and send a money order?

JCz04Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #31
KillFox

Ok we definitely have a problem. First you send my package via UPS Ground, when i paid for 3 day select shipping. Simple oversight, understandable. Shipping fee credited to my card. Now, when I get the package (3 days later than expected) it ISNT EVEN THE RIGHT LINE SET? The invoice clearly states E46 4-series stainless steel brake lines, the package CLEARLY says E30 1987-1991 M3. The lines are definently not for the E46, as they are 1/2 the size of the correct length. Expect a phone call tommorrow or first thing Monday morning........
KillFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #32
Maverick1

Dude, why post all that on here...why not just call him...shat happens. Christ i hate vendor bashing
Old 01-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #33
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
UCC is a good company that knows how to take care of its customers. Just call Rob and he will make things right.

This is just a fluke. Everyone makes mistake(s).
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #34
KillFox

Its not vendor bashing. No one is there on the weekends apparently, and I figured I could at least get a sentence outta them on the forum. I know UUC's track record, which is why i was suprised that i ran into problems.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #35
davidwarren
Halfway to 2L

My Ride: 2010 335i
I just installed these lines today along with new rotors and pads and some new super blue. I haven't had a chance to bed the pads in, so I can't really comment on the set-up, but driving around the block I could definitely feel the difference the brake lines make. It is night and day! Yes, I have bleed my brakes before, so it wasn't just new fluid, there is a noticable difference in pedal feel. THe install was really easy, a few pointers- if you are removing the brake calipers, loosen the brake line connected to the caliper before you remove it, ok, only one pointer. IT was easy except for one wheel. When I was connecting the line to the hard line on the car, I cross threaded the connector on the line.

If you run into the same problem, use the old brake lines male end and screw it into the new brake line connector a few times. THis was enough to straighten the threads out and it went on without a problem.

You down with UCC? Ya you know me!
sowing the seeds of jiggery pokery
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #36
KaOsTiK

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren
I just installed these lines today along with new rotors and pads and some new super blue. I haven't had a chance to bed the pads in, so I can't really comment on the set-up, but driving around the block I could definitely feel the difference the brake lines make.
u noticed a difference just from driving around the block?

from my understanding...u dont really notice a difference in breaking unless you're going higher speeds (90-100kmp/h+).

but i agree....s/s brake lines do make a very noticeable difference at higher speeds.

a friend of mine has ordered these line and there was a noticeable difference highway driving. we couldnt get higher speeds in the city due to traffic in the time of day...but anyways i'm convinced and i'll be ordering my set soon from UUC.

thnx for providing a good product.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #37
KillFox

These are good looking and performing lines. They cost the same as less attractive lines and provide the same effects Install is a real PITA but its all good
KillFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:52 AM   #38
davidwarren
Halfway to 2L

My Ride: 2010 335i
absolutely, not in any braking improvement, just pedal feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsTiK
u noticed a difference just from driving around the block?

from my understanding...u dont really notice a difference in breaking unless you're going higher speeds (90-100kmp/h+).

but i agree....s/s brake lines do make a very noticeable difference at higher speeds.

a friend of mine has ordered these line and there was a noticeable difference highway driving. we couldnt get higher speeds in the city due to traffic in the time of day...but anyways i'm convinced and i'll be ordering my set soon from UUC.

thnx for providing a good product.

You down with UCC? Ya you know me!
sowing the seeds of jiggery pokery
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #39
Carlman

My Ride: 2005 325i Stock
I installed SS brake lines on my last car and it was an amazing and immediate improvement. I have no reason to replace the lines on my E46 since it's brand new but I will... The list for UUC products just keeps growing...

The control/modulation was my biggest surprise. If it were a stereo, it would be like going from a 10-step volume knob to a 100-step volume knob.. just tons more control. If you do autocross or track events, I would consider these mandatory. On the street, you'll actually enjoy braking due to the new amount of control you have.

Another improvement is the 'solidness' of the break feel. There is no sponge. You don't even realize what you have IS spongey until you go with the SS lines. I must say the BMW brakes stock are fantastic but the pedal feel and modulation have room for improvement. You're nuts not to do this mod for $100.

I have no affiliation with UUC... (but given the list that keeps growing, I may need to.. LOL.. )
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote