E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 03:28 PM   #21
CRZY BMW

My Ride: has wings & a prop
Mothers wax will take it off

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:27 PM   #22
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
I think it is baked on (from the heat of the brakes) liquid wrench - did your dealer take the wheels off recently for any reason?
I know because that is what the morons at Volvo did on my wife's car when they could not get a wheel off after they had King Kong without a torque wrench put them on.
The stains looked just like yours.
Let the wheel cool off and spray with WD40, let soak for 5 minutes or so, wipe off and wax.
Worked for me.

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:02 PM   #23
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
damn dude, stop being so hostile. The member was just trying to help. Don't be all defensive. You need to learn some social tacts. Stop attacking people that is trying to help you.

P.S Either use more elbow grease to remove the stains or try clay bar. It is worth a shot you think?
people that do that piss me off, just fuking chill and use your netetiquette
///MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:38 PM   #24
therealm3

My Ride: 01 325, 89 M3, 05 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12i

hot very hot water is your best bet. followed by a good detergent i.e. simple green.
.... Careful, simple green will dull the finish of the wheels. As will wheel cleaners if left on too long.
therealm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #25
dasblack

My Ride: '01 330ci
BMW wheel cleaner should work
dasblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #26
WildstylzE46

My Ride: Quad Black CI
us DAWN soap! makes any wheels look like new
WildstylzE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:30 AM   #27
mschupp

My Ride: '03 M3
I tried washing them. Thats what I was saying. I got the Armor All wheel cleaner, and it sucked. Then I got this Mean Green stuff that worked pretty good, but it couldn't get the brown stuff off. I seriously scrubbed those things hard. I'm gonna try the adhesive remover.

FYI, I started this thread because I was looking for a little help. I didn't start it to get a wise-ass comment about curb rash, so I returned with my own little wise-ass comment. Damn, you people are so edgy. I don't have a stick up my ass, there's just no need for stupid comments, unless you expect one back. Which is the best you can expect from ADA, as he really has nothing to offer anybody.
mschupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #28
mschupp

My Ride: '03 M3
You guys are probably right about stuff melting and dripping. Its been ridiculously hot and humid here in sunny Ft Benning, GA, especially on the nice black tar that they just laid down in the parking lot. Personally, I think this place is hotter than Texas at times.
mschupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #29
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Adhesive remover might damage the paint. Try either WD40 or claybar. They are both paint-safe.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #30
tommiexboi

My Ride: 328i > 335i > M3 cab
Send a message via AIM to tommiexboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschupp
I tried washing them. Thats what I was saying. I got the Armor All wheel cleaner, and it sucked. Then I got this Mean Green stuff that worked pretty good, but it couldn't get the brown stuff off. I seriously scrubbed those things hard. I'm gonna try the adhesive remover.

FYI, I started this thread because I was looking for a little help. I didn't start it to get a wise-ass comment about curb rash, so I returned with my own little wise-ass comment. Damn, you people are so edgy. I don't have a stick up my ass, there's just no need for stupid comments, unless you expect one back. Which is the best you can expect from ADA, as he really has nothing to offer anybody.
.... jeez, get a sense of humor. obviously you haven't been on this forum that much....

i never seen anyone balance their wheels like that .. lol.. (joke)

[SOLD] "The OG M Parallel Master" =) ------------------------- [New] 2008 E90 335i "White Monster"

New Pictures 5/22
Window Regulator Write-up (DIY)
tommiexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:32 PM   #31
rootsy05

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to rootsy05
Had the same rims and the same sh!t happened to me. Oh by the way....couldnt get it off.
rootsy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 PM   #32
Jim Clark

My Ride: 2001 330Cic
This thread deteriorated pretty quickly.

mschupp, relax a little. I think the "lick it off" and "curb rash" comments were just funnin' with ya, I don't think any real insults or harm were intended.

Regarding the problem, could it be a small brake fluid leak? Although, I would think the brake fluid would be fairly easy to clean off so that may not be it.

Edit: Just realized this is my first post on this forum. There's so many forums for Bimmer enthusiasts, it's hard to keep track.

Last edited by Jim Clark; 08-01-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM   #33
DriveThruRecFan

My Ride: 1999 BMW 328i
it could be cat urine. if that stuff sets in, it stays.
DriveThruRecFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #34
mickey513

My Ride: e46
Same rim but mine has some black sticky ****...couldn't get it off. Tried wax, soap, goo gone, no luck......

Someone recommended I get some cement cleaner and dilute it with water and clean it with that. In theory it should work but I can't imagine the finish of the rim after that.....u might want to try this and let us know how it went.
mickey513 is offline   Reply With Quote