E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
blznbabyt

My Ride: 05' M3
Question How to Setup My Projector46 lights w/dde/hid

hey everybody i just bought the projector 46 dde and hid 6000k kit for my 2000 328ci. i was wondering how do i setup the lights so that i can use just the angel eyes.......... or set it up so that it just has the hid's on........... i dunno too much about it, i did some research for over 3 hours online to try to figure out how to do diffrent things..... but i couldnt find out anything........ please help, any advice on how you have done it or any charts of ways that can be done, and what needs to be done to do this would be of great importance to me..
and thanks in advance...
blznbabyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
blznbabyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blznbabyt
hey everybody i just bought the projector 46 dde and hid 6000k kit for my 2000 328ci. i was wondering how do i setup the lights so that i can use just the angel eyes.......... or set it up so that it just has the hid's on........... i dunno too much about it, i did some research for over 3 hours online to try to figure out how to do diffrent things..... but i couldnt find out anything........ please help, any advice on how you have done it or any charts of ways that can be done, and what needs to be done to do this would be of great importance to me..
and thanks in advance...

OK today UPS came and i got home from work at 6 so i saw the box opened it, and all their is inside was the lights.......... no HID in it....... also the lights them selfs dont have any wires hanging out or anything, so i have no idea how the angel eyes(DDE's) work........ i called the company and they dont know why i dont have the HID's and i was also sappost to have clear corner lights, and no clear corners...... and the guy says the angel eyes are built in and i can see that, i just dont know how to get them to work....... PLEASE HELP your fellow e46er.....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
LI_BIMMER

My Ride: 2000 - i, 2003 X5
I may attempt the install this weekend and tried it today but it looked too involved so I stopped. I bought used P46's with a used bulb kit and they work. My P46's also have the Angel eyes in them. I never did the install before but will try to see if I can look at a ffanatic who just added the Angels. I will take pictures of the install and try to document it. I will also do a search to make sure I dont duplicate any efforts. I will keep u posted.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #4
blznbabyt

thanks alot. i appreciate it......
Old 07-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
blznbabyt

ok is this how i should hook up the Angel Eyes (DDE)???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e46 dde headlight connection.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	137429  
Old 08-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
netteaser

My Ride: 2000 323i
?

Where did you guys buy your projector 46's from?
netteaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
blznbabyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by netteaser
Where did you guys buy your projector 46's from?
Umnitza is where i got the projector 46s....... love them....... great customer service and great product