E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
tweeeker

My Ride: is getting modded
CSL replicas 18x9.5..wut tire do u have?

So for the last 2 days I've been tryin to mount Michelin Pilot Sports..255/35/18 on the rear and it JUST WON"T SEAL!!! I dunno I even let em sit in the sun to warm up a lil and NOPE. My last attempt is to use ether. If this doesn't work I'm going to have to try another brand tire. I just want to know what brands in a 255/35/18 people are using that WORKS!..thank u
tweeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
zberch

My Ride: 2000 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeeker
So for the last 2 days I've been tryin to mount Michelin Pilot Sports..255/35/18 on the rear and it JUST WON"T SEAL!!! I dunno I even let em sit in the sun to warm up a lil and NOPE. My last attempt is to use ether. If this doesn't work I'm going to have to try another brand tire. I just want to know what brands in a 255/35/18 people are using that WORKS!..thank u
Im alittle confused are u doing it yourself? is it easy? why not just go to a tire store and have them do it?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
tweeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zberch
Im alittle confused are u doing it yourself? is it easy? why not just go to a tire store and have them do it?
i have a shop and we deal with a tire shop that does mounts balances etc for us....and i've been helping him on and off today tryin to get them to seal.

Last edited by tweeeker; 08-25-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
255/35/18 is definitely the right tire for that. 265's might be easier to throw on there but it depends on the look. The stretched tire look IMO looks pretty hot. My CSL's arrived with the rears at 18x9.5 with the 255 tire size using michelin ps2's.
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
tweeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamon
255/35/18 is definitely the right tire for that. 265's might be easier to throw on there but it depends on the look. The stretched tire look IMO looks pretty hot.
265 is technically the rite rite for a 9 1/2 inch rim....but it won't fit on my wagon/sedan. The coupes can fit a lil wider tire than the sedan. Thats why i'm going with the 255....but for some reason the Pilot Sport does not want to work. I guess its one of those same size but diff tire works type thing...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #6
tweeeker

Quote:
255/35/18 is definitely the right tire for that. 265's might be easier to throw on there but it depends on the look. The stretched tire look IMO looks pretty hot. My CSL's arrived with the rears at 18x9.5 with the 255 tire size using michelin ps2's.
huh...i just saw the last part of that ....u have ps2's??? I HAVE NO IDEA MANG?!?!?!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
Quote:
huh...i just saw the last part of that ....u have ps2's??? I HAVE NO IDEA MANG?!?!?!
Use a bit more muscle?

haha j/p, i have no idea why it's not workin' for you Mike at modbargains hooked me up, perhaps you could ask him how they got the tire on if it's that difficult. Although I'm pretty sure that's the default tire size for that size rim.
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #8
tweeeker

Quote:
Use a bit more muscle?

haha j/p, i have no idea why it's not workin' for you Mike at modbargains hooked me up, perhaps you could ask him how they got the tire on if it's that difficult. Although I'm pretty sure that's the default tire size for that size rim.
I"LL GIVE U MORE MUSCLE!!!...IN DA HEAD!!!
.....haha,,j/k I have no clue man. I"m goin to Ray Catena...this high end benz dealer and i know some peeps...so i'll see if they can mount em. if not then ......aaahhhhhhh i dunno....i guess use another tire. sux!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:48 AM   #9
HawgDriver

My Ride: '08 335i
Quote:
I"LL GIVE U MORE MUSCLE!!!...IN DA HEAD!!!
.....haha,,j/k I have no clue man. I"m goin to Ray Catena...this high end benz dealer and i know some peeps...so i'll see if they can mount em. if not then ......aaahhhhhhh i dunno....i guess use another tire. sux!

Just my $.02, but I have my Fuzion ZRI mounted on the CSL staggered set on an '02 330i Sedan with 265/35/18 rears and have no rubbing. The biggest factor is the inside/front of the rim/tire only being about a 1/4 from the inside/lower portion of the wheel well. With a rubber mallet, we carefully bent the metal portion back a little to provide a little extra clearance. You can't even tell looking at it with the naked eye.
HawgDriver is offline   Reply With Quote