E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #41
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
LOL I was thinking the same thing...
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #42
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapeguru
no love for m3 yet?
We have LEDs available for the 01-05 M3 Coupes.
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #43
doodle

My Ride: '04 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapeguru
no love for m3 yet?
How was your vacation in the caves of Afghanistan?

Many things have happened while you were gone!
doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #44
///MLM

My Ride: TiAg 323i
Anyone have pictures and reviews of these lights on his or her cars yet? Wanna get some before I buy my pair. Thanks for being the guiney pigs
///MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #45
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4
Anyone have pictures and reviews of these lights on his or her cars yet? Wanna get some before I buy my pair. Thanks for being the guiney pigs
We will have pics installed tomorrow afternoon and I will be sure to post them ASAP!
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:13 AM   #46
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
There has been debates (and post by Mr. Powell himself) mentioning the availability of final production units and the possibility of pre-production units floating around in the market:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=316926&page=5

Those units are said to be danger and are not to be distributed. Mr. Powell even mentioned there are no units on the market currently that are the actual final production units. I guess my main question is, are we going to receive the final production units with all the proper testing done, and are ensured to be safe? BTW my order number is #18290 and I need a set of US spec lights. Please enlighten me, thanks!

PS: Still hoping to receive them by Christmas, but if it starts shipping on Dec 16th then it looks like the chance is slim.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:19 AM   #47
jsp98m3

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jsp98m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast
There has been debates (and post by Mr. Powell himself) mentioning the availability of final production units and the possibility of pre-production units floating around in the market:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=316926&page=5

Those units are said to be danger and are not to be distributed. Mr. Powell even mentioned there are no units on the market currently that are the actual final production units. I guess my main question is, are we going to receive the final production units with all the proper testing done, and are ensured to be safe? BTW my order number is #18290 and I need a set of US spec lights. Please enlighten me, thanks!

PS: Still hoping to receive them by Christmas, but if it starts shipping on Dec 16th then it looks like the chance is slim.

Shipments will be direct from Taiwan to the retail customer. That would be you. No importing. no moving from distributor to retailer. DIRECT. They will make it and be genuine production units.

Jim

Homepage- DDM Tuning l Phone- (858) 633-2020 l Email- techsupport@ddmtuning.com
jsp98m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:35 AM   #48
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
Thanks for the clarification and thanks for providing us with a quality product. The wait is well worth it to ensure we get a safe product that is of excellent quality.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 AM   #49
big pimp

My Ride: 02 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@AutoWerks
We've been getting a lot of questions about the differences between the US Spec and the Euro Spec. I'd just like to clear up a few questions that have been presented. First, the Euro Spec LEDs may light up in a US Spec car, but it will throw a Tail Light Failure Warning Light, and over time, may cause costly damage to your electrical system, more specifically your LCM. The Euro Spec lights have not gone through extensive testing on US spec cars so the outcome could be costly. Secondly, there have been other LEDs marketed on these forums, and some of you may be wondering whats the difference between theirs and ours? Ours are fully tested.

hi mate.

i am interested in buying a set too. however, i wouls assume my car is euro spec (i love in northern ireland, u.k.)

are there any visual differenced between the two? would the US spec fit my car also?

how can i order from you?

many thanks,

Ross
big pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 AM   #50
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
Mr. Powell I may be misreading but I thought the production models weren't made yet? If I'm going to order a pair of tail lights which version am I going to get? I read the other thread w/ the recall on the lights and after reading it all I'm really confused. I don't care whom I get the lights from I just want a fully functional working product that has no fire hazards. And to address your answer to the question posted above by Toast I don't see a "yes" or "no" but an explanation. Please don't think this is a slanderous attempt I just want a clear cut answer to what version buyers will receive (final production w/ all modifications and no hazards or beta versions). thank you for your time and patience.

best regards,
Bimmabwoy

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #51
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA

You better but a warning/disclaimer on these LED tailights. You don't want members car to burn down due to the extremely hot resistors. How is the hot resistors being mounted?

As posted 3 days ago.

The final release products have not yet been produced. Be careful.
Jim Powell (the man himself) is warning about "pre-production" lights that is vunerable to fire and safety hazards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp98m3
Purchasing them puts your safety at certain and considerable risk. Not possible risk, CERTAIN risk. I worked on the design and did the testing. These lights do not function correctly and may possibly start an electrical fire.

This is too risky and shady.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #52
jsp98m3

All deliveries to customers will be final production pieces.

The entire reason that there is a recall is that there are vendors here and on ebay that were stating that they had product to sell. The items they had or thought they could get were all pre-production samples that were never meant to be sold to customers.

Of course the products that will be delivered to customers will be production units in sealed factory boxes. The initial first shipment will be shipped direct to customers from the factory to allow people to obtain them before Christmas. Subsequent shipments will likely be sent to distributors and retailers for resale.

So the answer is YES, the product delivered to customers will all be production units. We are attempting to remove all of the beta units from circulation to protect consumers.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:17 AM   #53
BimmaBwoy

Phew thank you for the quick response.

-kern

Old 12-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #54
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by big pimp
hi mate.

i am interested in buying a set too. however, i wouls assume my car is euro spec (i love in northern ireland, u.k.)

are there any visual differenced between the two? would the US spec fit my car also?

how can i order from you?

many thanks,

Ross
Ross,

There is no visual differance other then the sticker with the part number. If you place your order on our website, you will be asked what type of vehicle you have. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh
AutoWerks
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #55
kyle808

My Ride: 00 328CI
Okay good know to that customers will be getting final production fully tested LEDs.

btw, ADA, I think it's good that you question the quality and safety of these LEDs. I would hate to hear horror stories from people with over-heating and potential fire or electrical problems. As with any new product, we should always verify all claims made by manufacturers and be alittle skeptical to protect ourselves as customers. People should never rush out and buy the latest and greatest stuff, no matter no badly they want it. Depo LEDs are the perfect example. I'm on the fence about these LEDs until I get full reviews from fellow E46Fanatics who took the plunge.

"I'm gonna die! Jesus, Allah, Buddha - I love you all!
-Homer Simpson
kyle808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #56
jsp98m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle808
Okay good know to that customers will be getting final production fully tested LEDs.

btw, ADA, I think it's good that you question the quality and safety of these LEDs. I would hate to hear horror stories from people with over-heating and potential fire or electrical problems. As with any new product, we should always verify all claims made by manufacturers and be alittle skeptical to protect ourselves as customers. People should never rush out and buy the latest and greatest stuff, no matter no badly they want it. Depo LEDs are the perfect example. I'm on the fence about these LEDs until I get full reviews from fellow E46Fanatics who took the plunge.
To DEPO's credit, the lights usually worked in European spec cars for the model year they were designed for. At least in Taiwan. DEPO is a good company that tries very hard to do the right thing. They have very nice and dedicated employees from the engineering staff right up through the sales and management organization. Good people.

Jim

Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #57
ADA
Banned

Quote:
All deliveries to customers will be final production pieces.

The entire reason that there is a recall is that there are vendors here and on ebay that were stating that they had product to sell. The items they had or thought they could get were all pre-production samples that were never meant to be sold to customers.

Of course the products that will be delivered to customers will be production units in sealed factory boxes. The initial first shipment will be shipped direct to customers from the factory to allow people to obtain them before Christmas. Subsequent shipments will likely be sent to distributors and retailers for resale.

So the answer is YES, the product delivered to customers will all be production units. We are attempting to remove all of the beta units from circulation to protect consumers.
Alright Jim. Since you are always preaching about "taking care and protecting your customers" then I think the following questions warrant some answers.

It is without a doubt that there are numerous version of the LEDs lights that being sold. They are starting to pop up everywhere from ebay to various e46fanatics vendor/sponors.

As a CONSUMER or a protential customer, how do I protect myself from buying a "pre-production" light? Since there are so many source/vendors the room for "error" is very possible.

Please don't give me that "if you buy from "autowerks" you should be good to go. There is just too many room for error as I stated. Even if we buy from autowerks, how can we tell if our tailights are the final release version?

Are there any definate marking or inspection stamps to alert us that we are buying a DOT approved and a UHL safety approved tail lights?

You made several post regarding your recall because you claim you are concerned about out safety. If your intentions are indeed true than my question warrant an answer.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #58
BimmaBwoy

Awaits response (this is getting good)

Old 12-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #59
jsp98m3

All customers can get their answers from Autowerks or other retailer. I've done my job to get factual information to the consumer and protect the factory's interests. I will not participate in any endless theoretical what-ifs. Customers should contact their retailers.

All lights purported to be as pictured in Autowerks and others ads (a visual comparison is all that is needed) are pre-production units. There is no other option. I cannot speak for non Eagle Eyes units. They are, whatever they are.

Jim

Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #60
ADA
Banned

Quote:
All customers can get their answers from Autowerks or other retailer. I've done my job to get factual information to the consumer and protect the factory's interests. I will not participate in any endless theoretical what-ifs. Customers should contact their retailers.

All lights purported to be as pictured in Autowerks and others ads (a visual comparison is all that is needed) are pre-production units. There is no other option. I cannot speak for non Eagle Eyes units. They are, whatever they are.

Jim

Come Jim. Why are you evading my question.

You talk the talk so NOW walk the walk.

You were so adamant about protecting e46fantics members from burning and destroying their vehicles. You even elluded to the possibility of death due to the pre-production lights.

You claimed that you help invent/innovate/design/research, etc these lights. therefore, YOU and ONLY YOU can answer my question.

The community demands an anwers from you! Stop trying to scare us with stories and not be able to calm down the storm!

Once again, How do I as a consumer will know if what I am buying is a PRE or FINAL production LED tail lights?