E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2002, 06:34 AM   #1
mfino
I give up.........

My Ride: 00 323i SP-P blk/blk
Question I need 18 tires and I'm looking to spend about 150 each. Any recommendations?

I'm a huge fan of yokohama's but I know that for the price I'm looking to spend there may be a better tire. Thanks for the help guys.

ECIS Intake | Shark Injector | Scorpion Exhaust | PG2 style rims, YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 235/40/18 | M3 Lip Spoiler | OEM Clears | Hamann Eyelids | M-Technik Front | M-Technik Sides | M-Aero Rear | 50% Tint | M3 Dead Pedal | MOMO Aluminum Pedals | UUC Gauges |Titanium Shadow Painted Trim
mfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
Calsonic

Whatever you do, DO NOT get Pirelli p7000s or any other pirelli for that matter except the pzero.

Their tires are extremely loud. When I am driving with the window down, I keep looking to my side because it sounds like a motorcycle is in my blind spot.

I liked the contis and dunlops. Generally, the softer the tire, the less road noise - atleast from my experience. the pirelli has a rating of 320 which is very high. It's like riding on tank treads.

good luck.
Calsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:14 PM   #3
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
Sumitomo HTRZ IIs or Kumho Supra Ecstas
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
Kuhmo's are a great bang for the buck tire...

vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
withdrew
Astoria Fed

My Ride: '02 325i, SP/PP/CWP
Send a message via AIM to withdrew
no time for cutting corners (pun intended!)

i think you should save up for another two weeks and get yourself s-03's! for less than $25 more per tire, you could have the best. you've already spent how much on your bmw, so you obviously know quality, so why stop there? that's what i am doing, and i am sure i will be better off. you will be too!
withdrew is offline   Reply With Quote