E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2002, 10:27 PM   #1
Eric 330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci
thinking of selling 2001 330ci and leasing m3

we bought the 2001 330ci step fully loaded except for nav and rear distance control and cold package (but i got the heated seats). im not too happy with it, im thinking of selling it and getting leasing the new m3, what do you guys think? how much could i get for it and also how much am i gonna end uo paying for a new m3 fully loaded (smg2) but again with no nav, or PDC?? i checked online and it said with 10,000 down its 810 a month in CA. wowowow, is that right? anyone know any hook up or good ideas? thanks! and also lemmie know if you think its a good idea.
Eric 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
Harvinator
Oaf

My Ride: 330 ci
Send a message via AIM to Harvinator
That's ridiculous. I was quoted $3k down and $830 down for 36 months. Try to get a better deal...
Old 05-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Why lease?

In the long run, leasing is the more expensive option. Although you may only want the car for a few years, I would buy an M3, just because it is such a kick ass car and will be easy to sell. I guess if you wanted to trade it back in for a new one this would be a good option, but I dunno, leasing just doesn't seem like a good way, economically...
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:51 PM   #4
drmirage
Believe it!!!

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drmirage
well if ya got money to spend go lease. leasing and buying both have ups and downs. but think about it. if you lease a car you'll end up with 0 at the end of the lease. its like you threw 30k away at the end.

plus the residual value is high on the bmws. its not worth buying at the end of the lease. if ya lease ya can write it off with your taxes.

m3's are nice.. woo woo.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:55 PM   #5
Eric 330ci

i dont get it, i just checked out ebay any they've got like 2001/2001 m3's of rsale, really low miles for like high 40's low 50's, how come peopel dont jump o these, i even chedked out porshe and they have 2 different 911 turbos tiptronic for like 47,000, what gives?? so where could i ge a good deal on the m3? how much are you guys paying if you dont mind my asking, i know is a very rude question, but i really dont wanna get ripped off yet again.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:55 PM   #6
Eric 330ci

bump, c'mon guys i need your help, lol, i want that m3
Old 05-14-2002, 02:30 PM   #7
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Lease Away

I too have a 2001 330Ci that I purchased in Nov. of 2000. After getting smoked by an S4, I told myself I had to get the M3. I've had my car about 18 months, and over 30000 miles. Kelley Blue Book lists my car at only $32000, minus the $24000 i still owe on the loan. My friend is giving me about $10000 plus taking over the payments. Im losing about $14000 or so due to depreciation and my high milegage, but who cares, I really dont want to think about it, I just want my M.

A partner at my firm was able to pull some strings, and although I live in the Bay Area, I ordered my M3 from this dealership in Kentucky. SF BMW accepts Courtesy Deliveries, so the car is coming from Germany straight to SF, instead of Germany to Kentucky to SF via truck.

SF BMW is charging me $1000 for the courtesy delivery and prep, but the Kentucky dealer is giving me the car for $500 below sticker, which makes up for some of it. My car is currently on order, and is scheduled for production on 5/24/02. It will take about a week or so to build, and about another month to ship over. I cant wait, but imma have to.

You only live life once. I am putting about $18000 down on a lease, payments will be about $460 a month. For all you anti-leasers, I am leasing with the intent to own. The $460 a month is nothing, and I should easily be able to pay off the rest of the car at lease end. If you are really really serious, and want me to see if I can get you on the next allocation also, drop me an email, but completely serious buyers only. Im not into wasting anyone's time, especially my own.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:30 PM   #8
audikiller

My Ride: 01 M3 6spd-02 M3 SMG
Don't lease You will love diving the M so much that you will go over your mileage limitation very quickly. If you can't afford to buy a new one then get a slightly used one. There are good deals out there.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:41 PM   #9
Eric 330ci

wow thats wierd! i too have a 2001 330ci that i recieved (not sure what productuion date that means) in dec. of 2000 and im alos a cratch above 30,000, and i also checked out kelly blue book and it came to about 31 trade in 34 private party buy. i am defenetly disgustingly serious, only i just need to know in the ballpark of what you pad. ill probablly get fully loaded minus nav but with smg2. what do you think it would be around? thanks alot! i honestly appreciate it. ill check back later to see if i got a reply for, you or anyone else because im in school and i cant send an email, if not, ill just email you later today. btw, i live in california so im close to SF.

anyone else if they know a good place to get a good price a brand new m3, lemmie know, thanks alot!
Old 05-14-2002, 03:09 PM   #10
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Here is my car package

SMG (comes with PDC-Park Distance Control)
PP-Premium Package
CWP-Cold Weather Package
Bi-Xenons
Width Adjustable Front Seats

MSRP is $54520
discount -$500
Courtesy Delivery +$1000

= $55020, before tax license and doc fees

The monthly lease figures on my previous post were calculated by a salesman at the dealership on their machine. It included destination charge, tax, registration, doc fees, and a $1000 gas guzzler tax. He said that about every $1000 you down for a lease, you reduce your monthly payment roughly $30 a month. If you are leasing with the intent of owning, this is the way to go.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote