E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
Went to a really cool event this past weekend...

One of the Moderators of http://www.autopia-carport.com/ lives in St. Louis and hosted an event at his home. It was a great turnout...about 50+ cars from the BMW club, MB Club, Jag Club, and pretty much whomever wanted to come.

Brad, the host, is the most knowledgable detailing and paint guy I have ever met. You name a product and he's tried and tested it. He had a paintless dent removal demo, engine cleaning demo, and buffing demo. He also had just about every car cleaning and detailing product on hand for us to try and experiment with.

Brad has one of the nicest garages I have ever seen. It was nicer than the inside of my apartment! You'll see from the pics.

After seeing firsthand the proper way to clean and protect paint...I'm convinced Zaino is the product to use. I've been using Zymol and the shine is nice but it never lasts. You should have seen and felt the paint on all of Brad's cars...especially his Zaino'd S4...the paint was smoother than silk. He couldn't even put handouts on the hood because they kept sliding off.

Anyway...just thought I'd share some pics. It was a great time and we met a bunch of new people. Enjoy!

vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:49 PM   #2
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
Looks cool Vin, wish I had a garage like that:sad:
so Zaino is that good huh?
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:51 PM   #3
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

I was very skeptical until this past weekend...

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
Looks cool Vin, wish I had a garage like that:sad:
so Zaino is that good huh?
I have nothing against carnuba based wax but it never lasts on my car. I saw the difference claybar and Zaino can do to a car's paint. I ordered Zaino yesterday...can't wait to try it out.

BTW, got my car back from the body shop today. Everything is finally fixed Woohoo!

Last edited by vinnymac; 05-14-2002 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
Miken168

My Ride: '02 CB M3
Send a message via AIM to Miken168
Glad to hear they fixed all the problems Vince!

Miken168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

Thanks Mike...

Quote:
Originally posted by Miken168
I'm going to give the car a good examination this weekend when I have some time...then I'll know for sure if the paint is right.

:tongue:
Old 05-14-2002, 02:51 PM   #6
cloud9-330ci

My Ride: Silver
Nice post. People say that Zaino works

better on dark color cars, as in brings out the glossy wet look than on lighter cars. I've been teetering on getting Zaino.
cloud9-330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:54 PM   #7
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

Re: Nice post. People say that Zaino works

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud9-330ci
better on dark color cars, as in brings out the glossy wet look than on lighter cars. I've been teetering on getting Zaino.
I agree it looks awesome on darker cars but the host used Zaino on his silver S4 and it was just unbelievable...the pictures do not do it justice. Also, I still cannot get over the feel of the paint. It was like butter.

I think you can't go wrong with Zaino no matter what color your car is. I'm so convinced using claybar on the car the first time is absolutely necessary.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
SteveL

My Ride: '02 330Ci & '98 528i
Zaino works very well.....

I've been using it on a black car for about a year and love it. Their Z6 quick detailer is AWSOME! I'm lucky enough to live in St. Louis like Vinny and Brad turned me on to the Zaino after he tested it on his Silver S4. If the master of detailing says it's OK, that's enough for me!

For those in CA, TX, MD or where ever... I know there are guys like Brad on Autopia that could put on an event like this. There was a guy from CO here that goes by DavidE on that forum that knows a ton about detailing........You should try to get someone to do this in your area. I always learn something new every year!
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #9
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

Yeah, I order a bunch of Zaino stuff yesterday...

can't wait to try it on my car.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:33 PM   #10
cloud9-330ci

My Ride: Silver
I just used Clay Magic this weekend

and what an amzing difference!! CM was really easy to use and did not streak. The car felt like glass and the shine after the wax was unbelieveable. Even after it rained this week, my car looks great. The kit cost only $10 and should last several more waxes. Bought it at Autozone
cloud9-330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:23 PM   #11
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

Tell me about it!

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud9-330ci
and what an amzing difference!! CM was really easy to use and did not streak. The car felt like glass and the shine after the wax was unbelieveable. Even after it rained this week, my car looks great. The kit cost only $10 and should last several more waxes. Bought it at Autozone
I cannot believe the difference clay makes when you detail your car. I'm a believer after seeing the results this past weekend.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #12
AMB
HartgE46

My Ride: 05 M3CS / 05 325XiT
Before you Clay...

Read the following online article...
...it makes the paint feel so smooth for a reason.
Car Care Online

'05 M3 CS | Silver Grey | M Cloth
OEM CSL | Front - Bootlid - Diffuser - CF Roof - Door Sills
Dinan Performance | High Flow Intake - Throttle Bodies - Exhaust - Software - SSK - 3.91 LSD - Front Swaybar
TC Kline D/A Coilovers | RAC Monolite RG4s 19x9f +37 - 19x10r +25 | Michelin Pilot Sports 265/35f - 275/30r
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 06:13 PM   #13
Harvinator
Oaf

My Ride: 330 ci
Send a message via AIM to Harvinator
Is that a garage.....or a showroom?

That's awesome!!