E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Rated R

My Ride: Bucket
Bird Krap Stain on Hood HELP ME!!

A bird Krapped on my hood and now I have a stain on it. I tried everything, wiped it off with water and a towel, turtle Scratch remover, windex, goof off, those instant liquid wax things from Mcguires.... nothing will remove the stain, can someone help me out with some advice?
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Poorboys is your friend....
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
derek80

My Ride: is optically clear
^bug squash? or maybe try alcohol
derek80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
OCDGarage
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Cabrio M3, Carbon
First let me say be very careful removing bird droppings. A strong stream of water is always the prefered method. Birds don't have teeth to masticate their food like we do. They have a specialized stomach that helps do this. Some birds will actually swallow very tiny pieces of sand or rock to help mash the food in ther stomacks. This mixed with undigested seed is what makes bird droppins so abrasive. The other propble with their left overs is that depending on their diet they can be highly acidic. If you have removed all the residue and you are left with what looks like a stain it is porbably an etched area of clear cloat. To remove it you need to polish the area with something like Poorboys's SSR2.5 and follow with SSR1.

To prevent or reduce the amount of damage in the future try using a polyer sealant like Klasse. There are aviary dropping that can eat through concrete but anything you put on your fininsh will buy you time.

Brett @ OCD
OCDGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Rated R

My Ride: Bucket
where can I buy the poorboy application
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Since you tried a lot of products already, I would try the Poorboy's World Bug Squash first to help break up the mess. Then wipe it away very carefully with microfiber towel.

If the dropping etched into the clear coat you'll need an abrasive polish to help smooth out the clear coat. Polishes like the Poorboy's World Super Swirl Remover 2.5 followed by the Super Swirl Remover 1.0 or Menzerna Intensive Polish and Finall Polish II should leave it looking brand new again. These polishes will permanently resolve the problem, not just hide it. I'd be happy to explain how to best apply the products or you can check out the "How To" Section at www.detailedimage.com. Let me know if you need any help in applying the products or ensuring you get the desired results.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Last edited by Greg@DetailedImage.com; 04-10-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
OCDGarage
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Cabrio M3, Carbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R
where can I buy the poorboy application
http://www.ocdgarage.com/poorboysworld.html
And don't forget your 15% discount coupon. If you have any questions about application don't hesiate to ask.

Brett @ COD
OCDGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDGarage
First let me say be very careful removing bird droppings. A strong stream of water is always the prefered method. Birds don't have teeth to masticate their food like we do. They have a specialized stomach that helps do this. Some birds will actually swallow very tiny pieces of sand or rock to help mash the food in ther stomacks. This mixed with undigested seed is what makes bird droppins so abrasive. The other propble with their left overs is that depending on their diet they can be highly acidic. If you have removed all the residue and you are left with what looks like a stain it is porbably an etched area of clear cloat. To remove it you need to polish the area with something like Poorboys's SSR2.5 and follow with SSR1.

To prevent or reduce the amount of damage in the future try using a polyer sealant like Klasse. There are aviary dropping that can eat through concrete but anything you put on your fininsh will buy you time.

Brett @ OCD

You sure know your crap.
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote