E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
bikergeek

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Curb rashed rim :-(

I've had my summer rims mounted for maybe a week and a half and I've already given one of them a nasty curb rashing. Thought I could squeeze by a car that was blocking an intersection, and there wasn't quite enough room. Ooops. *kicks self for being a moron*

Looks like I'm gonna have to replace the tire and get the rim refinished to remove the curb rash.

Fortunately I live not too far away from RimPro in Tewksbury, MA (maybe 1/2 hour)...anybody know what their turnaround time is like dealing with a walk-in customer, and what one can expect to pay? I guess they want the rim off the car, which means I'll have to put the snows back on so I can drive the car in the meantime. Yet another sweaty couple of hours spent shlepping tires up and down a flight of basement stairs. :sigh:
bikergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
bikergeek

Also, any idea where to go for a more or less immediate tire replacement? Do I replace the damaged tire, the two front ones, or all four?

I figure my options are TireRack, NTB, and Costco.
  1. NTB is most expensive, but most likely to have tire(s) in stock for immediate installation.
  2. Costco is cheapest, but their website says to wait 5-10 days for shipping...anyone know if it really takes that long, or does it usuall take less than that the overwhelming majority of the time, and they're just covering themselves?
  3. I could order from TireRack...which I'm leaning towards, especially if I need a set of four, considering their contributions to this community...but again, a wait for shipping. And anyone know a good installer in MetroWest/Boston area? Someone in Belmont, Arlington, Watertown, Waltham, West/North Cambridge, or West Somerville would be ideal.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
BF330ci

My Ride: '04 330ci
Send a message via AIM to BF330ci
As a matter of fact my Girl Friend baby sits for the owner of RimPro's (Tom Merrifield) kids...i am in the process of having him look into some rims for my car...you can contact him directly through his e-mail...it is Tom@rimpro.com

If you tell him that you spoke to me (Brian) and that you know Danielle...if you dont already know him...as for the turn around time i am unsure because i have never had a curb rashed rim to send to him...Thankfully!

Good Luck!
BF330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
bikergeek

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF330ci
As a matter of fact my Girl Friend baby sits for the owner of RimPro's (Tom Merrifield) kids...i am in the process of having him look into some rims for my car...you can contact him directly through his e-mail...it is Tom@rimpro.com

If you tell him that you spoke to me (Brian) and that you know Danielle...if you dont already know him...as for the turn around time i am unsure because i have never had a curb rashed rim to send to him...Thankfully!

Good Luck!
Thanks for the personal reference.

However, I went there today before I saw your message. I think I did pretty well without having to drop names. They were very nice and professional. Estimate is $160 to fix the curb-rashed rim and I'm going to have them source and install a replacement tire as well. They'll call me tomorrow on a price for the tire; even if it's a little pricey I figure it's worth a few bucks to have them save me the legwork of running around to have one put on. Estimated turn-around time was 3-4 days, quite reasonable IMO. We'll see what the rim looks like when I get it back, but so far, I'm liking the experience. (two thumbs up....)

Someone there has a sweet-looking E46 M3 with NH plates, too.