E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
phrozen06
Banned User

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Speed Channel Owned by NASCAR!?!?!?

Hey fanatics. Maybe I'm late to the party but I didn't realize that the Speed Channel is Owned by NASCAR. NO WONDER EVERY OTHER SHOW IS RELATED TO NASCAR. I've been watching Speed since 96 and every year after it seemed to lean more towards NASCAR.

I would like to see more WRC, Formula 1, ALMS, all the Touring Car Series, You know........more of an international flavor. But I guess speed is following the MONEY!!! And naturally Nascar is going to publish their product the most. I sickens me
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Jeff43
next mod: recaro child seat

My Ride: smells like surf wax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cduone
Hey fanatics. Maybe I'm late to the party but I didn't realize that the Speed Channel is Owned by NASCAR. NO WONDER EVERY OTHER SHOW IS RELATED TO NASCAR. I've been watching Speed since 96 and every year after it seemed to lean more towards NASCAR.

I would like to see more WRC, Formula 1, ALMS, all the Touring Car Series, You know........more of an international flavor. But I guess speed is following the MONEY!!! And naturally Nascar is going to publish their product the most. I sickens me
i agree that the all of the NASCAR programming sucks, but isn't SPEED part of the Fox family of channels? I just assumed that meant they were owned by the Fox Entertainment Group...
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
I thought you meant the were pwned by them somehow
Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Speed Channel is owned by Fox. Which means that they're going to show whatever will make them money (NASCAR). nothing like "Two-Wheel Tuesday" having NASCAR shows on it....... It was far better when it was SpeedVision!!

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
rnitti

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325I
Nope. Like said above...owned by Fox. Fox has the NASCAR contract, so inevitably, SPEED will show more NASCAR than anything else. Gots ta go where da money is...
Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
Bim Growl
Banned

My Ride: E86 3.2
Last night they were advertising like crazy the ALMS race at Sebring to be aired this morning at 10:30. I set my alarm, woke up, turned on speed, and lo and behold, they decide to air some Nascar qualifying crap instead!!!

So now, I'll have to wait until 11:30 to see if the next show will be the ALMS race... What a pisser!!!

By the way, tomorrow, they are airing the WC touring car race at Sebring this past week. The race will be on at 3:00pm on March 19, Tomorrow... Those who watch will get to see Bill Uberlen skate to a seemingly easy victory in his Turner Motorsports 325i... Should be fun to watch, if they actually stick to their schedule.
Bim Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman
I thought you meant the were pwned by them somehow
i thought the same thing
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Jspeed

My Ride: '01 330i
I hope someone starts a new automotive/motorsports channel with non-NASCAR content. I want more touring car, WRC, SCCA, European racing. Fox can have its NASCAR channel.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
mrenn

My Ride: 06' A/W ///m3
All I can say is speed channel is the worst now.So tired of Nascar,let alone a bunch of talk shows regarding nascar instead of showing alms races or the sebring races.I mean I would rather watch world of outlaws than nascar,at least it would be something different.I personally wrote to speed expressing how I feel,but you all know how far that goes.Bottom line is,we need another station that does not show any Nascar.Personally I want to watch club racing,F1,alms,anything but Nascar.
NAWTYM3 AA #115 www.m3club.org
mrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #10
Ervin87

My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenn
All I can say is speed channel is the worst now.So tired of Nascar,let alone a bunch of talk shows regarding nascar instead of showing alms races or the sebring races.I mean I would rather watch world of outlaws than nascar,at least it would be something different.I personally wrote to speed expressing how I feel,but you all know how far that goes.Bottom line is,we need another station that does not show any Nascar.Personally I want to watch club racing,F1,alms,anything but Nascar.

Nascar this, Nascar that.
Before all I would do is watch Speed channel, but now can hardly find anything worth watching.

Ervin (Bay Area Detailer)
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
t0fudelivery

My Ride: 1976 BMW 2002i
Send a message via AIM to t0fudelivery
haha i thought the same too, and btw, nascar does pwn speed, how often do you see Nascar **** on there? The sad thing is, Speed hosts the F1 Team Paddocks coverage of the race, if you notice in races, the teams are watching the EXACT same picture we see on TV, thats why they wave so much, lol but it still doesnt put out more F1 promotions.

The Ultimate Driving Machine

Drive to win...
t0fudelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #12
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0fudelivery
haha i thought the same too, and btw, nascar does pwn speed, how often do you see Nascar **** on there? The sad thing is, Speed hosts the F1 Team Paddocks coverage of the race, if you notice in races, the teams are watching the EXACT same picture we see on TV, thats why they wave so much, lol but it still doesnt put out more F1 promotions.
LOL. You should change your sig. from "Drive to Win" to:

"Drive to Blow Your Engine" (F1)

or

"Drive to wreck your gearbox" (ALMS)

ARRRGGGHHHH> Why can't BMW build something to last anymore!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
M_Thrizzle

My Ride: '01 M3 Coupe
My educated guess: NASCAR is big in the middle of the country, and the people there watch more TV, so the advertising money goes to NASCAR events.

People on the coasts prefer races with not just left turns, but right turns, and cars that don't look like a crayon box melted on them.

Sorry for the mass generalization, please don't flame . I want WRC!! It is not shown on Speed anymore.

RIP: 2004 G35 coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite | OEM Brembo's | Z-tube, K&N, Plenum Spacer, Stillen Sway Bars
M_Thrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #14
sl0ppyshat

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I love left turns!...no not really
sl0ppyshat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #15
frobie15

As long as they keep showing SBK and MotoGP, I'll be a happy camper. Oh yeah, F1 too!!

Thank you Sam
Old 03-29-2006, 01:14 AM   #16
mrenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim Growl
LOL. You should change your sig. from "Drive to Win" to:

"Drive to Blow Your Engine" (F1)

or

"Drive to wreck your gearbox" (ALMS)

ARRRGGGHHHH> Why can't BMW build something to last anymore!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
LOL.Probably first year woes with the new engine and chassis..BMW is not the only one blowin up lol.Personally I really miss the sound of the V10.But then again these V8's are revving out quite nicely too.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 AM   #17
Bim Growl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrenn
LOL.Probably first year woes with the new engine and chassis..BMW is not the only one blowin up lol.Personally I really miss the sound of the V10.But then again these V8's are revving out quite nicely too.
Youre right. I just wish we could have the "old" BMW of the nineties, where they could do no wrong...

I guess, I hope these things are cyclical. If I was a Ferrari enthusiast, I would be saying close to the same thing.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #18
TaiFong
The Whirlwind

My Ride: 2000 323i
Yes, I hate Speed. The only time they show anything decent (F1, WRC, etc) is at like 4:02am.

I ranted about this a while ago and illustrated the same point with this (I even missed a few NASCRAP shows):

No, actually I'm not Asian.
TaiFong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #19
frobie15

Wow, when you see the schedule laid out like that, it's just sad

Thank you Sam
Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #20
mrenn

I think we can all agree here that Speed has gone down the tubes.Look at that schedule,from 6pm till 2 in the morning its all nascar related.Money has to be the issue here.I mean do you guys think there are that many people sitting in front of speedvision watching all those nascar shows over and over again for that long period of time?I am going to copy this thread and submit it over to them,course nobody will answer but maybe the right person will see it who knows.It never hurt to try I guess