BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rating:||Display Modes|
|06-14-2006, 01:43 AM||#1|
european auto source
Join Date: Jun 2004
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
[eas] *** DIY TUTORIAL - DICE iPod integration kit in e46 Coupe ***
In this DIY, we are going to install a DICE iPod integration kit into a 2005 330Ci with Business CD and rear fold down seats. The vehicle was ordered without a CD Changer.
First, the DICE iPod kit comes with 3 major pieces:
- 4m Trunk interface cable
- DICE iPod integration module
- iPod Dock connector cable
We are going to focus more on the install aspects rather than operation to keep the post length to a minimum. This is a typical glovebox installation, which allows a clean stealth install with no drilling any damage to the vehicle.
DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW
- Phillips screwdriver
- trim removal tool or similiar device
1. The needed connections will be in the trunk/boot area.
2. The driver's side rear taillight house will need to be removed. This will unclip or unscrew depending on your specific model year.
3. Access the fuse panel in the glovebox by turning the nylong retaining clips inward 90 degrees until the panel drops down. Remove fuses #7 & #41 to cut power to the radio/navigation tuner. e46 radios will not need a radio code when connected.
4. Remove inner taillight housing and taillight plug.
5. Image of taillight with housing removed.
6. Remove expansion rivet with a trim removal tool or similiar device. There are (2) rivets that will need to be removed to gain access to the wiring.
7. Location of 2nd expansion rivet, this will need to be removed.
8. Move trunk lining out of the way.
9. Locate CD Changer wiring harness. This will be located behind the factory amplifer touching the inner wall of the fender. This will have the needed 3-pin and 6-pin connectors.
10. CD Changer wiring located, wrapped in cloth sheath.
Last edited by tom @ eas; 06-14-2006 at 01:51 AM.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|