E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #21
Del La Sol

My Ride: truck
Get all work that I can't do done at Richmond BMW and everything has been perfect, but I used to work there so I don't know if I'm getting special treatment since I know everyone in service or if they treat everyone else just as well, but all I can share is my experience which has been flawless. Just make sure if your in for service ask for Shawn Peace or Adam Mobely, they've both been there for a long time, there are usually 4 service writers but the other two were always someone new every 2 months. Like most places sales people have a high turn over rate so I wouldn't be suprised if everyone in sales that I knew was gone, but if Dave Grey still works there I'd suggest him.
Del La Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #22
Mario325i

My Ride: 2002 325i
Cindi Hahn at Russel BMW kicks ass! She has tooken pretty good care of me since I got to MD.
Mario325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #23
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
sterling and jim eddy get thumbs up from me

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #24
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
How's Ben Nuebert at Sterling.. I have appointments for both rides next month with him. So far all is going well with them, they are helping my wife out big time.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #25
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Passport BMW has always been good to me. Pete Bradunas treats me well. When I got my inspection 2 done. I waited until my car was ready to tell Pete that I was a bmw car club member. Then he gave me 15% off all the parts.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #26
budman
-not a mod-

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman
How's Ben Nuebert at Sterling.. I have appointments for both rides next month with him. So far all is going well with them, they are helping my wife out big time.

Got a reminder in the mail today.. Wife will have the car there tommorow, will update the experience afterwards
Old 03-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
budman
-not a mod-

Service at Sterling was just as expected. No problems. They allowed her to come in later than they would normally allow and did the Inspection 1 and fixed our passenger speaker. for Sterling. Now lets hope all goes well on the ///M later this month
Old 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #28
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman
Service at Sterling was just as expected. No problems. They allowed her to come in later than they would normally allow and did the Inspection 1 and fixed our passenger speaker. for Sterling. Now lets hope all goes well on the ///M later this month

I am sure there are horror stories for every dealer, but I just returned from Arlington BMW, the 330 just had its first scheduled service. I originally purchased the car from Essex BMW in Newark, NJ only because they were $4000 cheaper than the local to DC dealers.

Anyway, my DRLs had never been turned off, so I was requesting to have them disabled, service manager quoted $57 (1/2 hour labor). While waiting for the service, I spoke to parts guy, he ended up giving me a free BMW polo shirt.

When I went back to service to pick up the car, it turns out they performed the key programming for free.

Everyone I spoke with was very nice, they were reasonably quick with the service, and DAMN, free stuff is always GREAT. I really had expected to pay for the key programming since my car is now a year old and I bought the car at another dealer in a whole other state.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #29
budman
-not a mod-

The ///M goes to Sterling tommorow
Old 03-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #30
budman
-not a mod-

Everything went well today, they had to patch my rear tires, the slow leak they found was 2 nails one in each of the rears tires. $100 for that, but overall I am pleased, even though they did wash the ride after being told not to .
Old 04-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #31
Zchild

My Ride: 2000 BMW 3XXi ZSP
Cool

My best service experiences have all come from Sports & Imports in Chesapeake, VA. My good friend Mike Robinson is both a BMWCCA club member and a bimmer racer. The labor prices in The District are sky high, $103.00, Mike's labor rates are $75.00 per hour. I get my oil changes, alignments and minor maintanence done in The District at J&F Motors on Four Mile Run in Arlington, VA. All major jobs get done at Sports & Imports, Chesapeake, VA. The bonus is that if I really want to I can do my own work Mike will allow me to use his shop and him less for labor if he helps me. My car is an advanced mileage vehicle with 190,000+ miles therefore I look at hourly labor wages as my first priority. Just my two and a half cents. Happy Motoring...
NCC High Performance Driving School Back-Up Registrar
NCC Auto-X BOD Liaison
DIY Senior Committee Coordinator
2006 E90 325Xi & 2000 E46 3XXi
" Vision without resources is just hallucination"
Zchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #32
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Martin Motorsports!

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:03 AM   #33
M3onTwomps

My Ride: '02 SG/IR SMG M3
Northern VA guys....do you recommend BMW of Fairfax or BMW of Sterling?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #34
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3onTwomps
Northern VA guys....do you recommend BMW of Fairfax or BMW of Sterling?
So far I have not tried Fairfax, but Sterling left me unhappy. I prefer BMW of Arlington. Good luck whatever you choose.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #35
M3onTwomps

My Ride: '02 SG/IR SMG M3
Thank you.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #36
CrbnBlk///M

My Ride: 04 m3
Bmw of fairfax did a **** job for me. I took mine because my parking brake was making a weird grinding noise (sounded liek dust sheild hitting the rotor) but i took it down and all they did was adjust my parking break noise still happens but only when i use my brake and since im smg i dont need to use it every time. But then also while i was down there someone bumped into my rear bumper and i know it was while the car was down there because i had just washed my car a day or 2 ago and never noticed it. So thumbs down from me
Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #37
MikeL330

My Ride: 2004 330i SMG
Russell BMW is the place i always go. Michelle Harris is probably the most helpful service manager i've ever done business with. I live near annapolis but instead of going to tate (which i think fixes cars so they need to come back), i drive up to baltimore for russell. The people there are awesome, and everytime i'm there the wash the car for free.

A shoutout to Gil, the man can fix any bimmer over 10 years old. He keeps the 528 goin strong thanks gil!
MikeL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #38
MikeL330

My Ride: 2004 330i SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL330 View Post
Russell BMW is the place i always go. Michelle Harris is probably the most helpful service manager i've ever done business with. I live near annapolis but instead of going to tate (which i think fixes cars so they need to come back), i drive up to baltimore for russell. The people there are awesome, and everytime i'm there the wash the car for free.

A shoutout to Gil, the man can fix any bimmer over 10 years old. He keeps the 528 goin strong thanks gil!
recent example.....the dme in the 528 went bad, and instead just buying the $1200 new one, gil told us to wait, and found one for $50 that's only been used for 3 months.

2004 330i SMG
1985 528e 5spd
MikeL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #39
mys2k2fast

My Ride: 02 Imola M,02 Denali
anyone know or heard of anything about the BMW dealership in Annapolis off of rt50
mys2k2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #40
buildingcode

My Ride: 1997 M3 Track Car
Service Experience

I have used Martins Auto Service in Gaithersburg for 2 years for track work and even take my wifely units car there. Dan is active in Racing and has always exceeded my expectations and price has been always beyond fair. Best of all you can trust him!