E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
bigali88

My Ride: peforMance car
Should I get xenesis true match hid bulbs

Do you guys think I should get xenesis true match bulbs for my fog lights. Do they match the oem xenon output of 4300k well or do you think they will not match well. Also is it difficult to install. I am getting them for 40$ on bimmian.com.

Also, I want to get the body colored front reflectors. Do you guys think they are a good deal for 55 dollars, and how easy are they to install. Please remeber I have never installed anything on a car befeore. Thanks.

Im the king Biatchess!!!
bigali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
I have both.

1. Foglight Bulbs really do look the same as OEM. They are not yellow at all. You may want to get different bulbs though (6k, 8k) and then they will not match. So know that if your happy with your headlights and don't want to change then you'll be happy. If youwant to change then HID fog kit will be needed. I have 8K bulbs and barely every use my fogs cause they don't match. Looks terrible. Can't see spending $300 for HID fogs yet.

2. Foglight install - super easy. All you do is take off Black housing. Pulls right off. Take out the screw (only one). Whole foglight assembly will come out. Its basically plug and play. Turn knob, pull out bulb, replace, your done

3. Reflectors - super simple. I have bought clear and colored ones. I bought the ones off Bimmian or Bimmerblvd. $45 I think. Ebay has em for $38. So simple to put in take/out. Just take screwdriver and pop em out. Use top or bottom of reflector. Be careful not to break them. The painted ones are way more sturdy. Takes like 10 seconds to do.

hope this helps. PM with any questions. These are two great mods. Also get clear/smoked corners if you don't have them. I have smoked corners, and black reflectors. Went with a different color cause eventually rims will be black and wantd a contrast. But same color would probably be better, but I want something different. Check my sig. Makes a huge difference. Also get the invisble bulbs if you do. Such a rip but looks way better.

Last edited by FTLAUDM3; 08-21-2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling and added sentence
FTLAUDM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Vikster

My Ride: TiAg ///M3
Send a message via AIM to Vikster
FTLAUDM3 do you have pics by chance?
Vikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
bigali88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3 View Post
I have both.

1. Foglight Bulbs really do look the same as OEM. They are not yellow at all. You may want to get different bulbs though (6k, 8k) and then they will not match. So know that if your happy with your headlights and don't want to change then you'll be happy. If youwant to change then HID fog kit will be needed. I have 8K bulbs and barely every use my fogs cause they don't match. Looks terrible. Can't see spending $300 for HID fogs yet.

2. Foglight install - super easy. All you do is take off Black housing. Pulls right off. Take out the screw (only one). Whole foglight assembly will come out. Its basically plug and play. Turn knob, pull out bulb, replace, your done

3. Reflectors - super simple. I have bought clear and colored ones. I bought the ones off Bimmian or Bimmerblvd. $45 I think. Ebay has em for $38. So simple to put in take/out. Just take screwdriver and pop em out. Use top or bottom of reflector. Be careful not to break them. The painted ones are way more sturdy. Takes like 10 seconds to do.

hope this helps. PM with any questions. These are two great mods. Also get clear/smoked corners if you don't have them. I have smoked corners, and black reflectors. Went with a different color cause eventually rims will be black and wantd a contrast. But same color would probably be better, but I want something different. Check my sig. Makes a huge difference. Also get the invisble bulbs if you do. Such a rip but looks way better.
Thanks for all of your help, yeah I was looking at the instalation guide on bimmian and madrussian.com and it does seem very easy. I will probably order the reflectors and xenesis bulbs tonight. Cant wait to install.

Ohh and the black reflectors you have look real nice, I can see how with black rims it will be very cool.

Im the king Biatchess!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
FTLAUDM3 do you have pics by chance?

No pics of the fog lights, but I can post one tonight if you want. They are bright white and matched the factory Xenons perfect before I went to 8k Bulbs. If you want different color headlights do not get them. Your wasting your money like I did. But if your staying stock they are perfect. I bought the xenflow bulbs off Bimmian and the fogs. Was hoping they matched. Put in fogs first, turned on headlights and they matched perfectly. Installed new 8K bulbs and it looked terrible. One is blue on top and white down below. If you buy me yellow bulbs I'll trade you my fogs if you want. Would be a better contrast I think. I was looking at the HID kit for the fogs, but $300 seems like alot for just fog lights. Although they do look amazing as I've seen in many peoples sigs/threads. PM if you want me to take a pic.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
The xenesis fog light bulbs match up great to the OEM xenon 4300k color

Check the xenesis out here:
http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...e46%2Dlight005

Reflectors here:
http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...2De46%2Dext006
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
bigali88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains View Post
The xenesis fog light bulbs match up great to the OEM xenon 4300k color

Check the xenesis out here:
http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...e46%2Dlight005

Reflectors here:
http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...2De46%2Dext006

Thanks will probably be odering them tonight.

Im the king Biatchess!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1120

Don't be so hasty Check all your options, ours has an unprecendented warranty to boot
Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #9
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigali88 View Post
Do you guys think I should get xenesis true match bulbs for my fog lights. Do they match the oem xenon output of 4300k well or do you think they will not match well. Also is it difficult to install. I am getting them for 40$ on bimmian.com.
Those look good!
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:34 AM   #10
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
I've got the xenesis (got from Bimmian) and I'm really happy with them! I think they match the factory 4300k HIDs very well.

Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Thumbs Up Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1120

Don't be so hasty Check all your options, ours has an unprecendented warranty to boot
We also carry a warranty on our xensis bulbs. We also have Solaris bulbs with a llifetime warranty.
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #12
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
Do these Xenesis fogslight bulb match with the P46 demon eyes well? I might have to pick up a pair if they do.
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

it depends on which rings you have in there.
If you are looking for an exact match, honestly, probably not. Nobodys will, they are 2 different lighting technologies.

But what i can tell you is that they will match a heck of a lot better than stock bulbs.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #14
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
Do these Xenesis fogslight bulb match with the P46 demon eyes well? I might have to pick up a pair if they do.
So far, we've only found that the Xenix we sell match well:

While this is an E38, it's a projector38, similar to yours.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #15
bave46rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
it depends on which rings you have in there.
If you are looking for an exact match, honestly, probably not. Nobodys will, they are 2 different lighting technologies.

But what i can tell you is that they will match a heck of a lot better than stock bulbs.
Agreed. Several of my friends have the Xenesis bulbs and they do match fairly well to the rings (6500K, 6000K). They are very high quality bulbs, and everyone I know of have been very happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Don't be so hasty Check all your options, ours has an unprecendented warranty to boot.
Everyone, read the fine print on their site. The warranty only covers ONE replacement, and there is a $10 handling charge for the defective bulb. Yeah, nice "warranty" when it costs almost as much to replace as buying a new pair of your xenix bulbs. I guess it's the same with all your "lifetime warranty" claims. It costs customers not only money, but also time, and a lot of hassle in proving that the product is defective, etc. (Myself and others have had to take pictures, put deposits, go back and forth for weeks, and sometimes still not get the defective item replaced.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian
We also carry a warranty on our xensis bulbs. We also have Solaris bulbs with a lifetime warranty.
A real, no-hassle warranty! bimmian FTW!!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #16
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bave46rider View Post
Everyone, read the fine print on their site. The warranty only covers ONE replacement, and there is a $10 handling charge for the defective bulb. Yeah, nice "warranty" when it costs almost as much to replace as buying a new pair of your xenix bulbs. I guess it's the same with all your "lifetime warranty" claims. It costs customers not only money, but also time, and a lot of hassle in proving that the product is defective, etc. (Myself and others have had to take pictures, put deposits, go back and forth for weeks, and sometimes still not get the defective item replaced.)
sounds like you have issues, so let's clarify:

On Xenix, we don't ask for anything back. We don't ask you to pay anything within 30 days. And, if your bulbs fail, you get a LIFETIME of 1 replacement. That means, if 1 bulb fails in 2 years, you get it replaced free, and if the other bulb fails 2 years later, you get it replaced free.

1 Free Kit replacement.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #17
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

If we have a number of people wanting to buy these, we can run a group buy... who is interested?

Last edited by bimmian; 08-25-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #18
bave46rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
sounds like you have issues, so let's clarify:

On Xenix, we don't ask for anything back. We don't ask you to pay anything within 30 days.
1 Free Kit replacement.
No, it looks like YOU or your website has issues. Go check out the "note". So you won't charge anything if they fail within 30 days...what if they fail after 30 days, say in 45 days? You pay $10, right? Very nice. I do hope these bulbs do last more than 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
And, if your bulbs fail, you get a LIFETIME of 1 replacement. That means, if 1 bulb fails in 2 years, you get it replaced free, and if the other bulb fails 2 years later, you get it replaced free.
Nice way to put it. Let me put it another way...If both of your bulbs fail in 2 months, you'll replace them for free with the customer paying the handling charges for the bulbs, and then that's it. Lifetime became two months. Next time they fail, the customer is on their own. (Not that it really matters, since like I stated, the handling charges will cost almost as much as the xenix bulb.) And finally, I still stand by my comments on how you handle warranty/customer claims.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #19
umnitza

Our warranty is copied by every other vendor.
So if you have a problem with how we do our warranty, you have a problem with every other vendor.

If you go to your Autozone and buy bulbs, they are 30 days return and 30 days warranty. That's it.

We offer better than that for less. Thank you. Have a good day.