E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 02:11 AM   #1
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
Help When Does The Lemen Law Comes Into Play

let me start by saying.
the same thing happen to me for the sixth time tonight.
i was playing my radio. when i stop and shut off my car to get a paper. when i started my car radio was dead. so i call road side asst. to have it on the record. and guess what my phone when connect to the car stop working to. the funny thing is last thurs.
brought the car into dealership. for the same thing adviser told me they were going to put it on the comp. to check it out.when i pick the car up they told me nothing was wrong. now 5 days later
i did nothing and it happen again.very time i connect phone to car this happens in a few days.now this is the 6 time same thing happens

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHEN THE LEMMON LAW COMES INTO PLAY.

i like the car but i am getting feed up. with people telling me for 65,000 this should not happen. you should have bought a good car and i won't tell any body what car they say i should have bought.
can i ask very body did any body heard this happening to any body else i would like to know .
bobm3
bobm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:01 AM   #2
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Chances are you are a long way from using your local lemon laws. Car Talk has lemon law info for each state here:

http://cartalk.cars.com/Got-A-Car/Lemon/

Ed

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
In NY:

If you have taken the car in for at least four repair attempts for the same defect, and the defect continues to exist;

Or, if the car has been out of service for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days while being repaired for any number of defects, and the defect continues to exist.

http://cartalk.cars.com/Got-A-Car/Le..._new_york.html

Ed

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #4
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Im lost man. I read your post 4 times, still lost. Is it the car that is dead or the radio?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
sense
Git

My Ride: '02 318i
i think the radio dies when he connects his phone?
sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
jp323i

My Ride: G37
Sorry to hear about your problems Bob. :sad:

Just hope you can get them resolved & stay in the BMW community.
jp323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:41 PM   #7
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

sense you understood me

Quote:
Originally posted by sense
i think the radio dies when he connects his phone?
yes when i connect phone to car .radio dies than phone dies can't dial out can't hear can't do nothing.going on my 6 time to dealer for this.
bobm3
Old 01-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #8
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

j.p. that is very nice of you to say

Quote:
Originally posted by jp323i
Sorry to hear about your problems Bob. :sad:

Just hope you can get them resolved & stay in the BMW community.
i think i will stick it out with the car love it.can't believe the power from a 6 banger.
bobm3
Old 01-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
I hope everything works out for you Bob

And if anyone starts talking shiit...there post will vanish.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #10
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
bob, have u taken it to the dealer?

-brendan
Old 01-18-2003, 08:56 PM   #11
M3PinoyDriver
Banned

My Ride: 03 M3 02 Carrera
Quote:
Originally posted by simsima325
bob, have u taken it to the dealer?

-brendan
He said he took and and they said that there was no problem with it but it happened again.Hope you get it fixed bob
M3PinoyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:43 PM   #12
eksath

My Ride: 02 330ci TopazBlue
Bob,

How did the dealer fix the problem the 5 previous times? ...or did it fix itself ...?...

www.starracer.us
---------------------------------------------
People believe in Ghosts, UFOs, talking to the dead, advertising, magic, curses, voodoo dolls, Elvis' death faked, the Great Pumpkin, Tupac still lives, the WWF, that all the moon walks were staged, real unstaged audience questions in talk shows, JFK's conspiracy assination theories, TWA 800 shoot down conspiracy theories, the image of the Virgin Mary appearing on a left over pizza, that Dr. Laura has no bias, that homosexuality is a choice, the guests on Jerry Springer, the TV illness of the month, that guns don't hurt people do, that CNN doesn't hype stories, the Osbornes not being staged, that a pill can make you loose weight without ever dieting or excercising, that there's a cure for baldness, aging and being short, that Britney Spears doesn't lip sync, That KFC is a healthy food choice, that the British Royal family isn't disfunctional, that there really were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, that all Arabs are the same, that Muslims encompass everyone from Indonesia to Morocco and they are all extremists, that all Americans are the same, that's it's always cold in Canada, that cigarettes aren't addictive, that it's ok to drink but not ok to smoke up.........and on and on and on and on...... so what on Earth makes anyone believe that there is something unusual about people fearing the number 13 or astrology?
eksath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:56 PM   #13
bookus11
is baaaaaaaaaack...

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to bookus11
they didnt fix it any of the times. apparently they couldnt find the problem at all, so they said that it was fine.

***thanks to jlevi for making my sig***

RETIRED THE XI - now working on an 06 M3 SMG
bookus11 is offline   Reply With Quote