E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #21
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Frankly, this is going to be a very hot thread, but so far, it's nice to see that it isn't.

Anyone want to come to our shop, we have all 4 major kits in stock, we'll do a COMPLETE writeup with all of the kits, from the beginning to the end.

Pictures of the packaging, pictures of the contents, pre-install, post install, during.

We're that confident in our products that we'd do a comparison, we don't need to, but we want to
Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #22
mikeruiz

My Ride: 2004 325I
Hey Umnitza, I have a 2004 325 sedan with halos, what would I need to put some bi-xenon on it?
I'm new to this kind of thing. An explanation from an expert will be very welcome.

Thanks
mikeruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #23
umnitza

Are you looking to have Xenons in general?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #24
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif @ UED View Post
Chromium on the left, Titanium on the right.
Nothing like a side by side comparo. The DDE Titaniums do look brighter.

Here are pics from modbargains:

Chromiums:

DDE Titaniums:

The DDE Titaniums look sweet, and cost 1/2 the price of the chromiums.
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:17 AM   #25
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
having installed both on cars i like the chromiums better

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #26
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
having installed both on cars i like the chromiums better
So does everyone else without an agenda Anyone that has seen the two side by side would say what you did. It's "photos" that gives people a false sense of what is and isn't.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #27
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Which you like "better" is a matter of one's individual taste and opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
So does everyone else without an agenda
The one with a main agenda is probably you, having to try to sell them to everyone here. I'm just a customer like everyone else, and just giving an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
It's "photos" that gives people a false sense of what is and isn't.
On the internet, you really can only see photos. And the best comparison is when you have both kits on the same car in the same picture. (BTW, this is how you've compared your kit to the ebay ones as well.)
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #28
umnitza

BTW - if you note on the photos we took we explained that one cannot fully appreciate the differences without seeing them in person, where there are slight differences in our products on the pictures as well.

Always we agree on personal taste and opinion, we like to believe and have facts to prove it, that ours are better.

We clearly stated that even on the internet or not on the internet, you can see the main differences - want to see the link again? Do a search for Predator Chromium + Titanium.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #29
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
So does everyone else without an agenda Anyone that has seen the two side by side would say what you did. It's "photos" that gives people a false sense of what is and isn't.
I didn't realize that everyone had the same tastes in everything.

Quick everyon buy an ellectric red 330ci coupe with black interior, 5 speed prefacelift and do these mods to it....

See my point ^^

Everyone has different cars here that just happen to be the same "make and model" if you will. Everyone has different opinions on body kits, lights, colors, interiors, transmissions, and yes, DDE's.

Fact - Toyota is better than BMW.

Fact - Predator Chromium's are better than DDE titaniums.

Both are opinions stated as fact, I have a differing opinion on both of those. Nothing against toyota or the predator chromiums, I simply feel you can't say one is outright better than the other when its based on opinions. You post that everyone else has an agenda, at least, everyone who doesn't agree with you, but noone posts making claims against you, while you attack the rest. I feel its YOU who has the agenda and would ask what it is that makes you feel you must belittle other companies and other products to make sales, rather than just let your product sell itself.

-Tyler

And if this comes across as abrasive its being taken the wrong way, I'm simply stating my opinion, and trying to make a calm/thoughtful discussion.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #30
SK328CI

My Ride: 2006 Jeep SRT8
guys lets keep this strictly to just PICS, no vendor opinions or anything.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #31
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK328CI View Post
guys lets keep this strictly to just PICS, no vendor opinions or anything.
Sorry about that - you can report it and have mine deleted if you want, my edit time is up.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #32
ecoE46

My Ride: Sold
Opinions are opinions. But, vendors should be able to post photos of their products so we can compare. Just my opinion.
ecoE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #33
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
If I install the Preds. on a 01 coupe, will my DRL still work? That would look very odd though won't it, having a yellow-ish DRL surrounded by a nice 6000K ring? I have xenons, but theyre the 4500K OEM ones, but i don't think the DRL is xenon, just normal halogen is it not? Or am I wrong and I just need to swap the bulb for the DRL to 6000K?

Info please!

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:59 PM   #34
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
If I install the Preds. on a 01 coupe, will my DRL still work? That would look very odd though won't it, having a yellow-ish DRL surrounded by a nice 6000K ring? I have xenons, but theyre the 4500K OEM ones, but i don't think the DRL is xenon, just normal halogen is it not? Or am I wrong and I just need to swap the bulb for the DRL to 6000K?

Info please!
Yes, you'll want to disable your DRL however.
DRL = Halogen.
You are correct.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #35
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Yes, you'll want to disable your DRL however.
DRL = Halogen.
You are correct.
Hmm, or I can simply swap out the halogen DRLs to a matching colour output right? Like 6000K?

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:32 AM   #36
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
yup =] swap out the H7's with something more matching , although if you keep the DRL's on, they still won't match well since they run 50%. So maybe get something higher K.

edit: 6000K sounds about good. But not sure if they make halogen bulbs that have that kind of color output?
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #37
rg1bmw

My Ride: 2002 Infiniti Q45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecougar View Post
Umnitza took apart another set of headlights to get the second set of projectors, project took about 8-10 hrs I believe
your headlights setup look good- I like the custom Xenon quad projector set up-and your angel eyes-I just did projectors (single) with 6000K kit. I believe that the 6000K kit is the best IMO for aftermarket HID install.

2002 BMW 530i

Black Leather/5 Speed/Sport Package
rg1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #38
n3985

My Ride: E92 soon?
$40 Mycarr kit with DIY metal backing:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=398327
Old 09-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #39
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
I don't understand what you mean. Installing angel eyes is such an easy task, and only an elementary scale wiring needed. The $200 kits offer the exact samething as what was installed, 4 rings, 2 inverters, and a relay kit. The way I installed the kit is 100% identical to any other on this site, since we all used the same design SPDT relay. However, the $100 extra IS worth it to unexperienced people in terms of tech support, or those looking for a peace of mind in case a power inverter fries, or a ring cracks.
I admire your skills and your ingenuity! . I freely admit that parts of our kit are indeed made by the good folks at Mycarr. However, not all of it is made there.

Let me explain the differences that we have them make for us with respect to the parts we buy - the rings.

1) We have them include a good UV coating on ours - yours will fade over time due to sun exposure (as their original kits all seem to do) that's fine for the price, but not for a high end product designed to last a long time.

2) Heat sunk clips, they don't do this for the other kits, because we wanted our customers have have more security on the auto-level - in case they are not properly installed <-- which happens - so yes, it's not that easy but it should be

3) Obviously the world exclusive Chrome backing designed to take advantage of all the possible light output. The key here is that the chromium backing will also prevent heat distress on the back of the ring from some of the halogen applications.

Other than that, great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
wow well done

Personally, I would rather pay the money to buy the kit from Jlevi knowing that you don't have to worry about things not working and they have a lifetime warranty... but then again, I buy extended warranties from stuff at best buy
He did mention that. It's a good alternative, just seems like a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
IMO the Chromium looks the best, but the $200 is a def turn off. However, it is worth the $ if you need the technical support and or for warranty issues later on.
Thank you very much. MC product is good quality, you won't run into issues long term with the rings. You'll more likely have issues with the ballasts (another key difference, we don't use theirs in our kits). We use a cold-weather higher output ballast that gives us a little more "pop" and works better in cold climates, HK not being one of those colder climates
Old 09-04-2006, 05:06 AM   #40
Accordguyintake

My Ride: Fit Sport 5 spd.
Send a message via AIM to Accordguyintake
wtf, that box looks like the predator box, and so do the wires and connectors on the wire..
Accordguyintake is offline   Reply With Quote