E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
dmblongo

My Ride: 01 330i
Whats the Brighest and whitest h7 and 9006 combination

Just trying to find out what the brighest and best h7 and 9006 headlight fog light combination for my 01 330i!!!!
dmblongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
islanq

My Ride: An E46 like you...
Send a message via AIM to islanq
Do u have factory xenon / projectors or are u just using halogen lights + housing?
islanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
dmblongo

i have halogens...not ready to upgrade to the xenons cause im not sure how much longer ill have this bimmer...thinkin about the new 335 coupe thats comin out
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Here you go:
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=98

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1120
Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
auburnu008

My Ride: 2003 325i Tiag
who mods this forum?

auburnu008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:56 AM   #6
dmblongo

aubrun im fairly new to this posting but im not sure what your asking??
Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
auburnu008

My Ride: 2003 325i Tiag
No, nothing against you at all. I was just asking who the moderates this section of the forum. Mods are people who check on posts and such. The reason I was asking is becasue I noticed that alot of venders post here with links to their products and give one sided opinions. I thought the lighting forum was for members to discuss and the sponsor forum was for the venders to push their products. I have nothing against any vender, but I think the lighting forum sould not be a place to advertise products. If you are willing to help members out with problems then that is great but posting links and saying your product is better should be for the sponsor and group buy section.

auburnu008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
islanq

My Ride: An E46 like you...
Send a message via AIM to islanq
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post
No, nothing against you at all. I was just asking who the moderates this section of the forum. Mods are people who check on posts and such. The reason I was asking is becasue I noticed that alot of venders post here with links to their products and give one sided opinions. I thought the lighting forum was for members to discuss and the sponsor forum was for the venders to push their products. I have nothing against any vender, but I think the lighting forum sould not be a place to advertise products. If you are willing to help members out with problems then that is great but posting links and saying your product is better should be for the sponsor and group buy section.
+ 1 *coughcough* I feel pigeon holed for having other idea's besides the vendors sometimes. I understand that they pay to be able to pimp their service on the site but ermmmm sometimes I feel like they are my "only" option according to them. I don't doubt the customer service and what not but c'mon.
islanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
dmblongo

agreed i am looking for information and opinions of the rest of the population im sure their bulbs are good but what else is out there??? thanks for the feedback in advance

c
Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmblongo View Post
agreed i am looking for information and opinions of the rest of the population im sure their bulbs are good but what else is out there??? thanks for the feedback in advance

c
If you want the best halogen bulbs out there, get a pair of Osram silverstars (you can find them as low as $30 pair on ebay) and call it a day. Forget all the wannabe xenon bulbs with blue colored bulbs that are either too dim or don't last that long. I've had these types of bulbs and they were the biggest waste of money. Osram silverstars (yes, even PIAAs) are the best out there if you don't want to go Xenon. I was extremely happy with them but then I upgraded to xenons. Do a "search" on "osram" and get other people's opinions as well.
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
umnitza

We would be willing to have anyone take a look at ours in comparison.

here's one, still unadjusted but bright nontheless.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
EIAlfonso

My Ride: 2011 535xi M Sport
We need a sponsor post pop up blocker

The Umnitza website says if you open the package you can't return the light, so if you buy a few lights and spend a few hundred dollars and don't like them then you're SOL. I wouldn't buy anything from any company that offered this kind of return policy.

Plus if your bulbs goes bad a month after you buy them you have to pay them $10 before they send you a replacement bulb.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
umnitza

The policy is set up so that people don't arbitrarily use them for 5 days and decide they want to return the product without a restocking fee.

It's not meant for people that are legitimately trying it for a day, seeing if they like it, etc.

We've set up the policy for the lowest common demoninator customers that aren't like everyone else.

If you have a legitimate concern, feel free to call us, you'll be surprised how good these lights are and how amenable we are to your trying them with no strings attached.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
freat

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330xi
What should I be upgrading for angel eyes?

Hey umnitza,

I like your products. I'm just a bit confused on what I need to get so I can go angel eyes...

I've got a 2003 e46 330xi sedan. Currently it's just regular lights from what I can tell... just ask me what to look for and I'll tell you what's there.

Is this all I need?
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....roducts_id=149

Also, I want to get rid of all the orange plastic all over. This won't impact my ability to do that later on will it?

I'm trying to find some comparison pics of the smoked / crystal smoked side markers. Got any?

Thanks

Last edited by freat; 09-01-2006 at 09:50 PM.
freat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
umnitza

Given the year of your car, we have a product for all of it except the sides.

If you can email us a phone number, we'll be happy to discuss.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #16
dmblongo

unmitza, everthing i have heard says to stay away from lights that have colored glass like your blue ones..i have seen some from hoen but they are also blue tinted glass...whats your take??
Old 09-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #17
k3vkoh

My Ride: 330CiC
Send a message via MSN to k3vkoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmblongo View Post
unmitza, everthing i have heard says to stay away from lights that have colored glass like your blue ones..i have seen some from hoen but they are also blue tinted glass...whats your take??
There's isn't any white halogen light, all halogen gives out yellow light, in other words, all halogen that gives out xenon lookalike colour has blue tinted glass.

As mentioned by one of the member above, I heard that the Osram bulb is very bright, and its not tinted, therefore it gives out bright yellow light. If you want WHITE and BRIGHT light, you should get Xenon HID, which can be costly, but its worth it.

04' BMW E46 330Ci Cabrio - Mod in progress...
k3vkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #18
umnitza

K3vkoh's response is correct.

We have a new set of ION bulbs which don't have the blue tint, but they do give off a yellowish light for DRL usage but are almost pure white when they are full on.

The blue tinted bulbs aren't as bad as they once were where the tint would wear off and flake, or worse, it would burn off and fade.

Our new bulbs are filled with an inert gas so they are quite bright.

And for a limited number of folks, you can use code "SHIPSFREE" for the bulbs and get free shipping on them.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #19
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
i have been through the ringer when it comes to headlights so I can probably give you some sound advice....

First off, let me tell you (with 100% certainty) that NO halogen bulb will look like a xenon. It simply doesn't work. Even if you buy 100W halogen bulbs (which is somewhat dangerous as fanatics who have done so have experianced everything from short circuits to engine bay fires ) they light will look faint and white compared to a real xenon kit. So, if you REALLLLLLY want it to look like you have xenons, simply save up for P46s and spend the extra money on them.... Then, after doing so, save up your money till you can buy xenon fogs. Anything else will leave you unsatisfied...

NOWWWW, if you simply want something that will increase light output and will give you somewhat of an HID look, I would suggest Nokya 7500 or 8500 (depending on how blue you want it to be) H7 and 9006 bulbs. They will not damage your wiring, will look somewhat HIDish, and will provide a lot of light output.

BUTTT, if you really want HID, get HID. Otherwise, you will end up doing what I did and spend almost 200 bucks trying different halogen lights till you finally give up and spend the money needed for P46s (and basicly flush the 200 bucks down the drain).

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote