E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #21
bluecougar
A bimmer chick moderator :)

My Ride: MB & LR3
I have Bilstein PSS coilovers, UUC sway bars, and Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #22
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
I'm on UUC Stage-2 (SwayBarbarian Gen2 and Tuned springs v.2) with SACH (OEM) sports shocks and Rouge Engineering RSMs.

Ride is MUCH lower than stock non-sport suspension and a little harsher...but the hard turns are much more fun

Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #23
WilliamLD

My Ride: 01' Bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@AutoWerks View Post
I have the TC Kline TrueMatch S/A Coilovers with Koni Yellow shocks. The springs rates are 450lb/on front and 500lb/in rear. The kit works well on smooth as well as bumpy surfaces, it's not too harsh. I have no bouncing problems either, which most people complain about with the Bilstein kits.
I havent heard too much about these coils. I did a little search about them and saw that someone said that these are more for a track type of setup?? I doubt ill be on the track at all any time soon and if i do it will prob only be one
time. Do they offer something more tuned for a street application? About the boucing of the bilstein kits, i would def want to stay away from that as much as possible ( if i can ). I have had bilstein's before and know what that is about. What about the Tein setup? Anyone else have some on their ride and do you bounce alot like some of the bilsteins? Thanks guys
WilliamLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #24
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLD View Post
I havent heard too much about these coils. I did a little search about them and saw that someone said that these are more for a track type of setup?? I doubt ill be on the track at all any time soon and if i do it will prob only be one
time. Do they offer something more tuned for a street application? About the boucing of the bilstein kits, i would def want to stay away from that as much as possible ( if i can ). I have had bilstein's before and know what that is about. What about the Tein setup? Anyone else have some on their ride and do you bounce alot like some of the bilsteins? Thanks guys
They can be set up for track, but the awesome thing is, you can choose your spring rates. My co-worker has 350f/400r and he said it rides pretty nice. I think you can even do 300/300, also matched with the Koni yellows you can adjust them from soft to firm.
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #25
WilliamLD

do any of our sponsors have them? and can you explain the spring rates a little more...What kind of pricing am I looking at for these?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #26
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Bilstein PSS9s and M3 RSMs.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #27
elite53

My Ride: Twin Screwed 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLD View Post
Im in the process of buying a suspension kit for my car and like to hear some of what people have on their rides..I did a little searchin about some products and I think what I am going to try and do is have the bilstein pss and have TMS swaybars. Id like to get the UUC sways but ive heard they make alot of noise?? If there was a way to fix that Id like to get those. I highly doubt ill be doing any track days so thats why I wont be getting the pss9's but my car is pretty much my daily driver other than my bike, so id like to hear if this setup would be to stiff or harsh for everyday driving. I understand that it wont be like Oem and I do expect it to be a bit rough but i dont want something that is going to make my teeth chatter all the time i hit a bump. Let me know what u guys think, Thanks
I have this exact set up on my 2002 325Ci and like it a lot.. It definately is not a harsh ride and will work very well on a daily driver. The pss9's actually ride better than stock I think.Maybe cause they have better control of the car...I don't know. The only thing I would say is that if you have staggered wheels you might want to look at some different sway bars. The reason I say this is cause I have 19x8.5 with 235/35 tires on front and 19x9.5 with 255/30 tires on the rear and it tends to understeer when pushed hard even with the front swaybar set at full soft and the rear set at full stiff. If you have the same size tires on all four wheels these bars should keep the car nice and neutral and you certainly won't be disappointed with the money you spent. Its a very nice upgrade over the stock suspension. Hope this helps a little with yuor decision making process..Good luck..
elite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #28
preppy

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Cool

I have H&R coilovers on my 02 325i. Its a little more stiff than I like but I only drive it on the weekends now so I dont mind the stiffer ride so much. I also replaced the rear shock mounts when I installed the suspension. Went with the RSM's from TMS. Car is way down and IMO looks pretty good now.
preppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #29
niL
is on da floor

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to niL
h&r coil overs
rear shocks swapped out with koni yellow 3 way adjustables
rouge rear shock mounts
uuc sway bars
turner motorsport adjustable rear control arms
turner motorsport rear trailing arm bushing limiter

ride is SUPER stiff! it got even more stiff and tight when i changed my control arms and bushings to powerflex! before hand the ride felt sloppy but now its great.

2001 330i rebuilt from the salvage yard
From start to finish...
niL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #30
hummer

My Ride: 2001 330CI
PSS9 set at the top is still lower than stock sport.
Set at 8 winter and 6 summer.
Stock sport front bar and H&R 21 mm rear bar.
Meyle HD control arms with Powerflex bushings.
Turner HD RTAB with limiters.
JTD RSMs.
Meyle tierod assemblies and sway links.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:38 AM   #31
WilliamLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite53 View Post
The only thing I would say is that if you have staggered wheels you might want to look at some different sway bars. The reason I say this is cause I have 19x8.5 with 235/35 tires on front and 19x9.5 with 255/30 tires on the rear and it tends to understeer when pushed hard even with the front swaybar set at full soft and the rear set at full stiff.
The set up I have now is 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear. My tires are 235/35 in the front and 265/30 in the rear. Would you know of any others that would help considering the wheel set up I have?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #32
elite53

I'm not really an expert at this so maybe someone else can chime in here but from what I understand it would be better to have bars that are more closely matched. For instance the Turner Motorsports bars are 27mm front and 21mm rear, this is a pretty big spread and one of the stiffer front bars I've seen.I'm not sure of the sizes of UUC's bars but Dinan's are a 24mm front and a 22mm rear which would probably keep the understeer a little more under control.I'm actually thinking of putting my stock front sway bar back on which is a 23.5mm and leaving the Turner Motorsports rear 21mm on to see if that helps on my car.The only reason I bring this up is cause when I ordered my sway bars I was all excited but when I put them on and the car understeered so bad it was pretty disappointing.It does stay nice and flat through turns which is cool and the only corners it understeers in are 360 degree offramps when you take them way faster than you ever should so maybe I'm nitpicking here but I want more from my car and want other people to get it right the first time instead of having to mess around like I am.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #33
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
I'm running Bilstein PSS Coils with ground control RSMs, ride height almost all the way down.

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #34
WilliamLD

Im leaning towards the pss..but is it a pain to adjust and how long would it take to lower and raise the car? And would I have to get it alligned when its put on? Is it called corner balancing?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #35
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Adjusting height is like any other set of coils, you take the wheel off and use the tool to screw the adjustment nut.

As with any suspension modification, an alignment is suggested after installation.

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #36
elite53

Just an update if your interested...I put the stock front sway bar back on tonight and left the Turner rear bar on set to full stiff and it made the car much more neutral in the corners that it was understeering in before.There is just the slightest bit of understeer for just a little bit and then the car goes into a four wheel drift if you push past the understeer.Its nice cause it acts as a bit of a warning signal that you are reaching the absolute limit of what the tires can handle.The only drawback is that it doesn't stay quite as flat through the turns as it did before but hey I'll gladly give up a little of that for better overall performance.I only wish I had known this before I shelled out the money for both bars.I could have just bought the rear and spent the rest of the money on something else.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #37
ByTor330ci

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Suspension setup

I'm installing Tein SS coilovers with EDFC as we speak.
I've heard really good things about this setup. May be a little overkill as I'm not tracking the car - but I like the idea of having dampening adjustability from within cabin and understand the range is quite dramatic from softest to firmest settings.
Here's a link on EDFC: http://www.tein.com/edfc.html
*Oh, and I bought my Tein setup from Mike at Modbargains.com. He was really helpfull and knows his sh*t.

Also have H&R sways (virtually identical to TMS). Very nice - sways will make a very big difference in handling at even the moderate settings.
Got my HRs from Autowerks. Rear sway install is a b*tch - and a little different from the other brands out there. I looked at UUC Swaybarbarians latest versions - but everyone was backordered when I was trying to get them. From what I hear, those would be my second choice.

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #38
Dado-Ri

My Ride: E46 330 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
I replaced my OEM Sports Package Suspension set-up with the Eibach Pro-System Kit with included new Sports Springs, Dampers, Shocks and Struts. I wanted a little harsher and stiffer feel that wasn't too uncomfortable for the street. Additionally I wanted to extremely lower my bimmer to decrease the body/tire gap and tighten up the cornering. The ride comfort is fantastic even over rough roads and the car corners at high speed like its on rails. The drop is one and half inches all the way around and looks pretty damn good if I to say so myself. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
On what tires do you use this setup ?

- Koni adjustable shocks
- Eibach Pro Kit springs
- K&N 63i
Dado-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #39
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
uuc Stage 3

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #40
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
I keep on hearing about these teins, whats the scoop with them... do they feel as good and compfy as they say they do?

I have PSS9 setup and Im really not thrilled with how hard it can be in the softest settings with an extreme drop, I dont track I just want a setup and can go low as hell and compfy, I think if I were to raise this set of coils they would feel amazing, but the springs are preety compressed at the setting I have them and its just not really helping on their dampening ability....if the coils had more lowering depth then the springs wouldnt be so damn compressed and would prolly dampen a lot better.

I might wanna try these TEIN SS with the edfc setup too if they drop real hard, unless the TEIN Basics are set at the compfy setting thenI will never change the dampening on the car just be at a good balanced preset point.

KWV2s feel a little floppy to me but they drop hard

GC feel great been on 2 cars with them and not disapointed at all

PSS9 NOT dropped hard feels great

Koni shock and H&R spring combo feels good as well
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote