E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
ncbmw02

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
OK, I have become lost on the lighting issue.

OK, here I go:
I have a 02 325ci. with Xenon OEm lights/ and day time runners ( not xenon) Fog lights are not xenon/HId..etc. I have see a couple diffrent kits, actually make that tons of kits.
I would like to change to the angel/demon eyes and change my fog lights to a HID. the P46 kit looks like the one I want/need. How hard is the install? and amI gonna have to do a ton of re-wiring.

If I buy the P46, What I am I actually getting?

thanks
DC
ncbmw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
JmeC
Banned

My Ride: 2001 330iA
P46 pretty much is a complete replacement for your headlights and the angel-eyes are much easier to install because there is no installation to really do... they are MOLDED onto the housings and pre-wired too.

You get a headlight housing with angel-eyes... It doesn't do anything to your fogs... that is seperate.
JmeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
ncbmw02

AH, Ok....Do I have to adjust any fuses for the day time runner? I read somthing about that.
Fog lights, I knew it was a diffrent kit, I was wondering what people recommend for the lights when you switch to the P46.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
PYRITE

My Ride: 1965 Ford Mustang
Contact Matt @ UMNITZA, that is all you ever need to know!

http://www.umnitza.com

Welcome "KRYPTONITE"...
PYRITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Since you have stock xenons, you do not need the Projector46s.

This is what I recommend for your car:

Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
This is a full angel eye kit that is designed to work with your factory xenon headlights. It will add angel eyes to your existing headlights with a full plug and play kit that is backed by our lifetime warranty, installation guide and email/phone/AIM tech support.
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...a2586a8b6a3e1e

ProLumen HID kit for fogs:
This is a full xenon setup just like your headlights but for your fogs. It is a 100% plug and play system that also comes with a full lifetime warranty. We are running a special on these for $275 shipped, down from $329.99 + shipping. Since these are being sold through a special, you can either direct paypal to order the kit (paypal@jlevisw.com) or call in and we can process your order directly (1.888.JLEVISW)

D2S Low Beam Upgrade Bulbs
These are bulb replacements for your stock xenons. Your stock xenons are a 4300k color which will not match the 6000k color of the Predator Chromium angel eyes or your HID fog lights. As a result, these plug and play bulbs are a direct replacement for your factory bulbs that will make your front light setup perfectly match.
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...098c23b29c18df

If you want the full 6000k effect, you can also purchase our LED turn signal kits which are completely white when off and blink in your choice of amber or 6000k xenon white.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions: sales@jlevisw.com | 1.888.JLEVISW | Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW

Nick
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
JmeC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Since you have stock xenons, you do not need the Projector46s.

This is what I recommend for your car:

Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
This is a full angel eye kit that is designed to work with your factory xenon headlights. It will add angel eyes to your existing headlights with a full plug and play kit that is backed by our lifetime warranty, installation guide and email/phone/AIM tech support.
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...a2586a8b6a3e1e

ProLumen HID kit for fogs:
This is a full xenon setup just like your headlights but for your fogs. It is a 100% plug and play system that also comes with a full lifetime warranty. We are running a special on these for $275 shipped, down from $329.99 + shipping. Since these are being sold through a special, you can either direct paypal to order the kit (paypal@jlevisw.com) or call in and we can process your order directly (1.888.JLEVISW)

D2S Low Beam Upgrade Bulbs
These are bulb replacements for your stock xenons. Your stock xenons are a 4300k color which will not match the 6000k color of the Predator Chromium angel eyes or your HID fog lights. As a result, these plug and play bulbs are a direct replacement for your factory bulbs that will make your front light setup perfectly match.
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...098c23b29c18df

If you want the full 6000k effect, you can also purchase our LED turn signal kits which are completely white when off and blink in your choice of amber or 6000k xenon white.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions: sales@jlevisw.com | 1.888.JLEVISW | Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW

Nick
JLevi > All.

kthxbai.

Oh and btw... the stock xenons actually match the pred chromiums nicely. If you matched them completely the 6000k Chromium output just gets "eaten" by the same 6000k xenon flare imo.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #7
ncbmw02

What is Flare IMO?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Listen to Nick's post above...

considering you have OEM xenons right now, just buy Predator Chromiums that are 6k, 6k xenon fogs, and 6k xenon bulb to replace your oem headlights.

That will look nice

Oh and get em through jlevisw.com they have great customer support

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #9
JmeC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbmw02 View Post
What is Flare IMO?
Flare... you know that ringy effect you get from Xenons.

If you match them completely 6k 6k 6k, the angel-eyes are hardly visible. I actually prefered to leave the xenons at OEM 4300k and the angel eyes 6k, because the angel-eyes stand out more.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Different strokes. Here is a comparison between 4300k Xenons (on right) and 6000k D2S upgrade (on left) and Predator Chromiums:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3776IMG_0323.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	194504  
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
JmeC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Different strokes. Here is a comparison between 4300k Xenons (on right) and 6000k D2S upgrade (on left) and Predator Chromiums:
Yeah... that's exactly what I mean. The 6k 6k makes the angel eyes look like they are part of the light, and not seperate.

When I think Eyes I think the black pupil (middle) and the different color iris that surrounds it. Gives more of an eye effect.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #12
ncbmw02

OK..You all sold me. Ill be getting Angel eys....Thanks for the input...I appreciate it, Ill set up some pics when the work is done.