E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
v3man

My Ride: TBM 2001 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to v3man
xenon bulb out?

so installed my dde's a little less than a week ago... and tonight, after i filled up gas.... i realized that my right oem projector [xenon hid] was out.... i was wondering if i messed up wiring somehow or if these 2 have any relation to each other? or if it just went out? maybe i could do something so the light turns back on? haha.. if so.. what can i do? if not.. where can i get the bulbs if they are bulbs.. i dont know much about xenons so i dont know if they have bulbs or what.. but can anyone give me some insight on what maybe happened and/or solutions to my current dilemma? thanks..

Last edited by v3man; 09-11-2006 at 12:47 AM.
v3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 AM   #2
v3man

bumpity bumpity??
Old 09-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #3
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Bulbs do burn out from time to time, but you might want to check the connection first just to be sure that it's not a simple fix. We sell replacement 6000k and 8000k xenon headlight bulbs here if you need a replacement pair and want to change the color to match up with your halos :

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...e46%2Dlight001
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
v3man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains View Post
Bulbs do burn out from time to time, but you might want to check the connection first just to be sure that it's not a simple fix. We sell replacement 6000k and 8000k xenon headlight bulbs here if you need a replacement pair and want to change the color to match up with your halos :

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...e46%2Dlight001
is there a common problem associated with this? cause you said "make sure it's not a simple fix".. what should i look for? and what common problems could there be? if i pull out the bulb how can i tell if it's blown or not? i dont know much about the assembly of these things, nor do i know much about them.. any input guys? thanks!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3man View Post
is there a common problem associated with this? cause you said "make sure it's not a simple fix".. what should i look for? and what common problems could there be? if i pull out the bulb how can i tell if it's blown or not? i dont know much about the assembly of these things, nor do i know much about them.. any input guys? thanks!
Well basically what I'm referring to is make sure you didnt knock the bulb loose or disconnect any wires while you were doing your angel eyes installation. There aren't any problems that normally occur with xenon bulbs that I know of.
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
A xenon headlight failure could be attributed to a multitude of problems. The best thing to do is narrow it down to either the bulb or ballast. Swap the bulbs from one side to the other to see if the problem switches sides. If so your bulb is out. If not, you may have a bad ballast or even a connections issue.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
v3man

how can i tell if the bulb is out by looking at it.. or can i? and would anyone happen to have pictures of the different colors of the bulb?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #8
jmueller

My Ride: 2001 330ci
what if the headlight is flickering (like its trying to start, but cant..) what would you do
jmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #9
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmueller View Post
what if the headlight is flickering (like its trying to start, but cant..) what would you do
sounds like a bad ballast...

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote