E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Look at this...it doesn't sound right...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573844

This guy claims that the M3 in the video was running 17 PSI on a 3.2 liter swap + TURBO. He also claims that the car is gutted, has gears, and is running race gas. Somehow, the outcome doesn't make that much sense to me. By the looks or Active's numbers, the car should be running low 12s/high 11s easily, not including the gutted interior.

Any thoughts on this?

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Bullshit, 17psi S52 with 116 octane = 500whp if not more. They way he described the M3 if it were true, the M3 should have won fairly easily. These domestic guys love their car performance ego's, even lying to make the other car seem faster.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Bullshit, 17psi S52 with 116 octane = 500whp if not more. They way he described the M3 if it were true, the M3 should have won fairly easily. These domestic guys love their car performance ego's, even lying to make the other car seem faster.
Thats exactly what I said. Hell a AA stage 2 is 14 psi and runs low 12s...cmon those guys have to be full of crap.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
clean-m-tech330

My Ride: Technik 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to clean-m-tech330
Domestics, BAHHHAHAHAHA- only cars made where you pay 75% the value of the car for the motor and the rest for chromo wheels lol- the sad part is they're quick cars-
'07 Subaru Satin White Pearl STI - Garage Queen
'11 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Daily
clean-m-tech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
GodSendsDeath

My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
There is no way that M3 had those specks cuz it ran preety crapy. And those guys are so lame its not even funny. I am sure TZ M3 will take it no sweat. My last C5 prolly take that pille SS... So Slow. Iam mad at this now lol. I hate when ppl bash car's with lies.
GodSendsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
clean-m-tech330

A friend of mine has an SS camaro- lol I'm just not a fan of amercian cars, quality just seems to be lacking virtually everywhere- although as i metioned before they're quick- I would definitely take a new z06 though lol
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
OCswedishM3

My Ride: E63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Thats exactly what I said. Hell a AA stage 2 is 14 psi and runs low 12s...cmon those guys have to be full of crap.
i want to boost that
Old 09-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
clean-m-tech330

^

lol, do it!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean-m-tech330 View Post
^

lol, do it!
It still kills me that the E36 M3 can get more power to the wheels than the E46 M3 when modded. I'm waiting on the E46 guys to catch up.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
david05111

That thread I posted is getting pretty good now...

The guy has now admitted that the M3 was not running 17, that it wasn't gutted, and that it was running on street tires.

The camaro was running on drag radials. Somebody else posted a vid on there of the camaro getting burned when the M3 got traction...

He tried to be a smart ass and say that he and his hick friends beat up on a car (even exagerating its specs) and now he's getting

Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
etwd

My Ride: P-car
Quote:
That thread I posted is getting pretty good now...

The guy has now admitted that the M3 was not running 17, that it wasn't gutted, and that it was running on street tires.

The camaro was running on drag radials. Somebody else posted a vid on there of the camaro getting burned when the M3 got traction...

He tried to be a smart ass and say that he and his hick friends beat up on a car (even exagerating its specs) and now he's getting

Please post the video link where the SS got burned by the M3
Thanks,
etwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwd View Post
Please post the video link where the SS got burned by the M3
Thanks,
Its on the second page of the thread that I posted...

I'll post it here if I have time, but I think racing is against the rules of this forum, so I might just have to direct you to it...

Old 09-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #13
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

Quote:
Its on the second page of the thread that I posted...

I'll post it here if I have time, but I think racing is against the rules of this forum, so I might just have to direct you to it...
Shrug, its not as bad as everyones making it out to be. The E36 sucks for traction and it was dumb to not at least drop the tire pressures some. Further a good driver can get past traction issues - if you know your car you use the clutch and the gas pedal to limit wheel spin. I know with a turbo car thats hard, but thats why turbos suck on a road course - which leads to my last point - that E36 is NOT setup for a road course if its running a turbo with that much boost. The spool would make it spin off the track in a 30 mph turn.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign View Post
Shrug, its not as bad as everyones making it out to be. The E36 sucks for traction and it was dumb to not at least drop the tire pressures some. Further a good driver can get past traction issues - if you know your car you use the clutch and the gas pedal to limit wheel spin. I know with a turbo car thats hard, but thats why turbos suck on a road course - which leads to my last point - that E36 is NOT setup for a road course if its running a turbo with that much boost. The spool would make it spin off the track in a 30 mph turn.
I know...I was thinking the same thing. The 325 he mentioned is probably the one thats set up for track, but the turbo M3 isn't. Still...that race was unfair from the start...

Although I dont think that SC cars have a problem at the track, do they? Their power is linear enough that it shouldnt cause major problems at a track...

Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

Quote:
I know...I was thinking the same thing. The 325 he mentioned is probably the one thats set up for track, but the turbo M3 isn't. Still...that race was unfair from the start...

Although I dont think that SC cars have a problem at the track, do they? Their power is linear enough that it shouldnt cause major problems at a track...
Right, SC cars = linear build of boost and completely predictable. Turbo cars, especially those running 14+ PSI have lag, so the driver hits the gas coming out of the corner, the engine bogs for a second and there is no traction issue, the turbo spools, full boost is reached, there is a torque overload and the wheels spin. With LSD it will make the car a beast to even keep on the track.

I'm guessing that M3 is setup more for drag anyway becuase of the turbo. He needs to put some softer rear springs on the car, set the rear so the half shafts are straight and he has almost 0 camber, and run a 245 DR if he wants to have a chance against a solid axle car with a V8. Turbo can win from a dig just gotta know how to drive and set it up.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
clean-m-tech330

Quote:
It still kills me that the E36 M3 can get more power to the wheels than the E46 M3 when modded. I'm waiting on the E46 guys to catch up.
it's true though- i've seen a couple crazy turbo e36's, they're fast as hell and sound mean as can be
Old 09-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #17
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:

Not really true. We just havent put the big boost of turbo like they have, it did take how many years for the E36 to get good power? I think the E46 is moving well, you can get mid 4xxrwhp with a reliable SC kit. Turbo's will rise soon, i promise you and you will see some giant numbers..
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote