E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
1edyson
Yoda Rocks!

My Ride: 325CI
Send a message via AIM to 1edyson
Think I hit a plateau...

First of all, I know most of this is a mindset thing, but I've been really struggling the last week or so on the weight loss battle, and I'm not discouraged, and I know it will happen as long as I stick to it, but wanted to see if there are any ways to help it move along.

The scenario:

I've been on a medically supervised weight loss program since july 28th, and to date I've lost about 41lbs. I take 8 servings of proteins a day, about 15-20g of proteins per serving. 70 cals of legumes, and have various servings of sodium and fats. For my sodiums, I usually take sodium pills when needed. For my fats i take 5 almonds 3 times a day. and for my veggies i usually drink a V8. So effectively im on a 1000-1300 calorie a day diet. Proteins I've been taking my protein shakes, but replace as many as 4 servings with either, chicken breast, 6-8oz (2 servings), canned tuna, or on occassion red meat. And I have an entire cocktail of supplements and vitamins i take, from chromium calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc, and phentramine (the recommended doces)Last week was my birthday, so I slipped up a lil, but im in this for the long run so im not too concerned. I usually have a cheat meal, once a week, usually sushi. My typical eating schedule is

Breakfast - Protein Shake ( 2 servings)
Snack - Protein Oatmeal, almonds
Lunch - Salad with chicken or tuna
Snack- protein shake almonds
Snack-canned Tuna and balsamic vinegar and V8
After work out - Protein Shake, almonds( 2 servings)

I work out 5/7 days.
M- 30 treadmill 30 chest 15 eleptical
T- 30 treadmill 30 back 15 eleptical
W- 15 treadmill 30 arms 30 eleptical
TH- 30 treadmill 30 eleptical
F - Rest
S- 30 min job
SN- Rest.

I've noticed lately I havent been getting enough sleep, because of work, social life etc, and understand this too is part of the problem. I've had blood work done, and my Dr. believe I may have a mild case of Fatty Liver, because of my weight, but says its nothing I can't overcome.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how I can progress forward? Again, I'm not looking for overnight results, but just something that'll put me back on track. To date I've lost around 3-7 lbs a week, and the last two weeks I've been more or less at the same weight. I'm trying hard to not look at the scale so often, but it a biznatch.

So anything? Or should I just listen to the lil voice in my head and know that if i keep with this regiment, time will help me overcome. Thank you all, and ANY words are welcome.

1edyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
E55

My Ride: 04' S2000
Send a message via AIM to E55
I'm no expert, but 1000-1300 calories a day sounds like you're not eating enough food. Actually you can probably still lose weight if you keep an active lifestyle and eat 1800 calories a day.

I eat about 1800-2000 calories a day and the weight is coming off. Slowly, but surely.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
talk to your doctor about a wight lifting program.

Good thing you are losing weight, but you're probably losing a lot of muscle as well.

Supplementing your routine with a good weight lifting program, you should be able to up your caloric intake to around 2000 and maintain your weight loss goals....and look nice and ripeed while you're at it

It'll help keep the weight off as well.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
1edyson
Yoda Rocks!

My Ride: 325CI
Send a message via AIM to 1edyson
My doctor, both my regualr physician, and the doctor that is supervising my diet have both written off on my caloric intake. My regular physician, said that the level of weight loss I've experience in the last month is ok, and sustainable for the first 2-3 months. Anything longer than that, he'd cautioned me that something may be off balance. The reason why my diet is such a low calorie diet, is that I'm being sent into a state of ketosis, almost starvation, so that my body is forced to burn my excess stores of energy, i.e. my fat. It is supervised, I see my dr. once a week, and we've kept a regular schedule of my weight loss and bp. I am waiting on results from my last blood test, but I have a regiment of vitamins and supplements that are supposed to make up for the huge drop in nutrients im getting, so that I'm not hurting or damaging any of my organs, Potassium for the heart, calcium and magnesiums, fish oil, etc for everything else. As far as weight lifting, I try to do 30 minutes of serious weight lifting along with my 45 minutes of cardio.

So I guess with all this said, I've convinced myself all I need to do, is keep on track, and not to stray. But words and ideas are still very welcome. TIA!

1edyson is offline   Reply With Quote