E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
jm323Ci

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Predator Chromiums OUT, HELP!

SO i recently installed my DDE's and everything was working fine at the test run. After the test run I fully installed them, tucked all wires away and did another run, just to see how good they look. I did this during the day time, so in that same evening I started the car to head out and the noticed the glow from the angel eyes and the SUDDENLY, all my rings went off. I didn't drive it that day, but i checked all wires and connections and everything was in tack. Ive checked the fuse, and ive even replaced it just to be sure. NOTHING has worked. Im starting to think its my relay, cause all my rings went out at the same time. How can I check for my relay...?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by jm323Ci; 09-21-2006 at 01:04 AM.
jm323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #2
jcarter2003

My Ride: 2001 330ci
if you can hold the relay and feel it clicking on and off it is probably still good. you need to have (+) on either 85 or 86 and then a (-) triggering the other terminal 85 or 86 and that should trigger the source of the relay 87 to the output of the relay 30

hope it helps
jcarter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
v3man

My Ride: TBM 2001 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to v3man
check the ground... a problem i ran into with my friend was the wires going from the rings into the white thing.. haha.. sorry i dont know names... but its what the wires from the halos connect to the other wires... they weren't in tight enough.. it's hard to get them in FULLY... like.. i had to SHOVE it in... check that maybe?
v3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
jm323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarter2003 View Post
if you can hold the relay and feel it clicking on and off it is probably still good. you need to have (+) on either 85 or 86 and then a (-) triggering the other terminal 85 or 86 and that should trigger the source of the relay 87 to the output of the relay 30

hope it helps
these are numbers to a number diagram system for the car right....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3man View Post
check the ground... a problem i ran into with my friend was the wires going from the rings into the white thing.. haha.. sorry i dont know names... but its what the wires from the halos connect to the other wires... they weren't in tight enough.. it's hard to get them in FULLY... like.. i had to SHOVE it in... check that maybe?
Are you refering to the ballast, a lil box thing that connects the halos to the wire harness? I dont think thats the prolem, cause both my driver and passenger side wen out at the same time, but ill make sure the connection is really good.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
n3985

My Ride: E92 soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm323Ci View Post
these are numbers to a number diagram system for the car right....?\
Don't worry about the numbers, they are simply socket locations on the SPDT relay you have. But like he said, if the relay clicks when you try to turn on the DDEs, then it is working. Just double check all the wiring, connections, ECU tap, and ground. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
jm323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
Don't worry about the numbers, they are simply socket locations on the SPDT relay you have. But like he said, if the relay clicks when you try to turn on the DDEs, then it is working. Just double check all the wiring, connections, ECU tap, and ground. Good luck!
Thanks for the imput, I'll go try that now and see if anything "clicks"
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
jm323Ci

I felt no click, and I didn't hear anything close to a click. My relay is gone now...? Does anyone know where I can get a replacement one. This really sucks too ><" But at least I know what he problem is, hopefully.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:43 AM   #8
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
You can either contact your vendor or just pick up a 5 pin relay at Radio Shack
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
jm323Ci

Thanks Nick