E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
ridin325

My Ride: 2013 911 C2S
boost on stock intake manifold

I am in the process of makeing a cutom turbo kit for my car and was wondering if anyone exactly how much boost the stock manifold fails
also i am hearing that the stock mapping can support up to 4lbs of boost is this correct for those of you who have done this
ridin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Oshin02

My Ride: turbo E46/M3/MCoupe
Send a message via AIM to Oshin02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin325 View Post
I am in the process of makeing a cutom turbo kit for my car and was wondering if anyone exactly how much boost the stock manifold fails
also i am hearing that the stock mapping can support up to 4lbs of boost is this correct for those of you who have done this
The manifold can hold up to 12.5psi of boost, after that your pushing it. I would get ride of the diverter valve in there if your sticking to the stock manifold. Also, the stock mapping for the MS45/MS45.1 ESU (2003.5+) will adapt to the 4.5psi.

-Oshin P.

I am, CARBON MAN.....
Oshin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
ridin325

ok thanks for the info i will prob run about 8-9lbs just to be safe
what ecu managment did you use i was thinking of using the greddy e manage system
thanks again and did you ever get a new car since yours got stolen and you wouldn't happen to have your old custom exahust manifold would you
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #4
Oshin02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin325 View Post
ok thanks for the info i will prob run about 8-9lbs just to be safe
what ecu managment did you use i was thinking of using the greddy e manage system
thanks again and did you ever get a new car since yours got stolen and you wouldn't happen to have your old custom exahust manifold would you
I would start off at a lower boost and go up a soon as you get a hang of tunning. What I did was use a data logger and a Apex'i SAFC for tunning, and was going t upgrade to an E-manage ultimate. It works and the marketign scam with "You cant tune this ECU" is all Bulls**T. I have done it and it works, if you know what your doing it will work. I will post pictures of the process soon, as your request and as many others...As for another car, I have bought a new one. I''m doing some work to it, then will revile it to the forums as soon as the cosmetics are done...Ask as many questions as you need and Good luck!

I am, CARBON MAN.....
Old 10-05-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
ridin325

thanks for the info i think i will start at 4 lbs just to start messing with tunning how did you connect the software to the cars computer did you have a wiring harnes or did you have to go in and splice into some wires this is my main consern because i have not found a wireing harness for my car was wondering if you had in pictures of this for better reference.
Did you just use a log manifold that is what i was thinking of making
As for the diverter valve what exactly is it i am thinking it is a plastic peace in the intake manifold that splits the incoming air into both banks
thanks again
Old 10-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
ridin325

which tunning software do you think i should use to get used to tunning i have tuned a couple of civics bf with custom turbos but that is about it for expiernce
shouldi go with Apexi SAFC NEO or one of the below models or should i stick with the greddy emange ultimate
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
ridin325

I have seen that e36 turbo manifolds work on the e46 where did you get yours and did you get the ebay ones if not where would be a good site to look for one
Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
Oshin02

you can buy the tubular ones from ebay and redo all the welds, that what I had wit hother personal modifications to the manifold. But I highly recommend buying the CAST IRON turbo manifolds wit ha external waste gate already imprinted and cut for a tial 38mm. Benefit of that is, you don't have to worry about ur manifold cracking under extreme EGT's.

-Oshin P.

I am, CARBON MAN.....