E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
jstar41

My Ride: TopazE46|MontegoE92
Prolume HID bulb acting up.. (Umnitza)??

hello all.. it has been a while since i posted.. anyways.. my right Prolumen bulb is acting up.. well i'm not sure if it's the bulb or the ballast.. when i turn my fogs ON both bulbs go ON.. about 30 secs later the right bulb goes out.. i thought it was the bulb that died but then I shut the fogs OFF and turned back ON and they both light up again.. about 30 secs later the right one goes out again.. so i do this for a couple of times and then the bulb stays ON.. not sure what's going on.. any ideas??
I bought this kit from Umnitza last year.. anyone know what's the warraty on this kit.. this is a great HID Kit, i just hope it's a quick fix.

thanks!!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Side note, gorgeous car man, I love it

Good luck with the fogs
PreppyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
jstar41

^^ thanks bro..

I just read on another thread that the ProLumen kit have a lifetime warranty..

any ideas what it may be before i contact umnitza?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #4
n3985

My Ride: E92 soon?
Your symptoms sound like the HID bulb is dying, the easiest way to check is to swap the bulbs, and see. IF the left side bulb is on the right when tested, and the samething happens, then you know it's the ballast. Good luck
Old 09-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
hello all.. it has been a while since i posted.. anyways.. my right Prolumen bulb is acting up.. well i'm not sure if it's the bulb or the ballast.. when i turn my fogs ON both bulbs go ON.. about 30 secs later the right bulb goes out.. i thought it was the bulb that died but then I shut the fogs OFF and turned back ON and they both light up again.. about 30 secs later the right one goes out again.. so i do this for a couple of times and then the bulb stays ON.. not sure what's going on.. any ideas??
I bought this kit from Umnitza last year.. anyone know what's the warraty on this kit.. this is a great HID Kit, i just hope it's a quick fix.

thanks!!
They supposedly have lifetime warranty, so whether it's your ballast or bulb or igniter that's bad, the vendor should replace it for you for free. Give them a call.
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
As another has stated, simply swap the bulbs and see if these symptoms follow the bulb or remain with the ballast.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Yep, swap the bulbs independently, then the ballasts, then the igniters to determine what exactly is at fault.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
jstar41

thanks Umnitza.. I did not even have to contact them.. they contacted me once i posted.. excellent customer service and warranty!!