E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #81
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310 BIMMER View Post
do some of you guys take your pictures using a tripod?.
Yes, depending on the light condition.
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #82
JDMOTO

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Send a message via AIM to JDMOTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310 BIMMER View Post
do some of you guys take your pictures using a tripod?.
somtimes i dont, but most of the time i do. I really need a new one. CF tripod.

Im using AB vagabond for power.
JDMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #83
rsalicrup

My Ride: 330i & Titan
Send a message via AIM to rsalicrup
I use a tripod about 75% of the time. Either as monopod (I have shaky hands) or I open it up for full support.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #84
FelixW

My Ride: -
Send a message via AIM to FelixW Send a message via MSN to FelixW
Mario you and me need to sort two things out in 07.
Strobes and rigs
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #85
fj0

My Ride: E30 M3 Wrstnr Edt.
Send a message via ICQ to fj0 Send a message via AIM to fj0 Send a message via MSN to fj0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixW View Post
Mario you and me need to sort two things out in 07.
Strobes and rigs

[IMG]http://************/jyk32[/IMG]

You see I think a Ferrari is a scaledown version of... God! And a Porsche 911 is a jumped up VW Beetle.
- Jeremy Clarkson
fj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #86
JDMOTO

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Send a message via AIM to JDMOTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj0 View Post
only thing that sucks is that you can't use little flash heads for black cars. you need a different tech. to shoot black cars. thats why i hate shooting black cars cause I need a damn van to fit all the stuff i have just to shoot black cars. so ghey..

worst case.. shoot the car during dust and use the flash to bring out some detail on the shadowed side.
JDMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #87
trickydik_1

My Ride: stanced
Send a message via Yahoo to trickydik_1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMOTO View Post
only thing that sucks is that you can't use little flash heads for black cars. you need a different tech. to shoot black cars. thats why i hate shooting black cars cause I need a damn van to fit all the stuff i have just to shoot black cars. so ghey..

worst case.. shoot the car during dust and use the flash to bring out some detail on the shadowed side.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #88
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof

My Ride: Long Gone
Brilliant!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #89
Thomas Olivaux

My Ride: See my sig
Thanks a lot ///ACS-3, I've alwas loved your pics, so it's great to read some advices from you.

++

Thomas

PS : you just forgot that a if a great skill is essential, a great stuff too!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #90
kasimmmmm

My Ride: AW 135i
GREAT thread guys...love all the info...
I have a quick question regarding rig shots...are u guys literally PUSHING your cars? How do keep the image from having no blurring?
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #91
fj0

My Ride: E30 M3 Wrstnr Edt.
Send a message via ICQ to fj0 Send a message via AIM to fj0 Send a message via MSN to fj0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
GREAT thread guys...love all the info...
I have a quick question regarding rig shots...are u guys literally PUSHING your cars? How do keep the image from having no blurring?
In rig shots the car isn't even on it is pushed into motion and then someone sits behind the steering wheel just for looks. Car is sharp because the camera and car follow eachother while the background doesn't, duh.

Car is off to limit vibrations.

[IMG]http://************/jyk32[/IMG]

You see I think a Ferrari is a scaledown version of... God! And a Porsche 911 is a jumped up VW Beetle.
- Jeremy Clarkson
fj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #92
kasimmmmm

My Ride: AW 135i
oh ok...LOL ahah yea that was obvious but what i meant was what is used to make sure teh tripod doesnt move a bit and stays STEADY
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #93
robke181

My Ride: Bmw E46 2002
Send a message via Skype™ to robke181
ok i took this tutorial from accesphoto.com the guy named Vendetta0814 wrote this, very helpful tutorial when shooting at night

[quote name='TommyTuong' date='Jun 15 2005, 11:17 AM' post='4606']
OK its 2:11 Am September 29 2005 and i am Re-Writing this because alot of people have asked me to fix photos so i figured i'd spend the time to explain more.Well as you know many times you guys take photos at night or under a lamp and your photos come out with a yellowish tint, like 35mm film the camera can not see White.On a film body you would use a grey card cus the camera does not know the grey settings, ( but i'll leave that for another time)ok well i know alot of times you shoot at night especialy with this forum and all the car photography that goes on you guys HATE The yellow tint that parking structors and streetlamps give off. for example i took this photo under the lamp in my room and even tho in my eyes it looks white when i take the photo with my camera it comes out with a yellow tint like so.
Step 1, Take a Photo:

Notice the yellow, its ok but i am anal and it really bugs me.ok now find a pure white piece of paper.. i was too lazy so i picked up a napkin i had laying around from eating with a friend earlier in my room.
Step 2, Take a photo of the white card:

( Forgive me guys but i took this photo last so the white balance was already set!! )Ok i usally do it on manual and dont care if its in focus cus that **** is hard to focus up close, try to get nothing but the whitecard in your photo like such
Step 3, Setting the white balance:Every camera does it different mine i set it to Custom White Balance and then click "Choose Photo" then i chose my White Card :

( once agian notice the yellow tint)this now tricks my camera and tells it that the yellowish tint is WHITEso when i snap my photo after changing the white balance i get this.

Notice the difference in white?i use this with alot of my night shots HOWEVER it is not ALWAYS perfect, sometimes my white light turns blue (some may or may not like the effect)
Here is a side-by-side

[/quote]

this photo was taken by me, the tutorial helped me ALOT

and PLEASE can someone tell me how to make this kind of shot?

where to put the "car rig" ?

P.S. I know that my english is terrible, sorry

Dealer of Wald.International, Brabus, Mansory, Tech Art, PPI, Je Design, Lumma, Lamin-x, Kahn Design, Hartge, Vorsteiner, Arden, Supersprint, Eisenmann, DTE Systems, D2 Racing, Omnicompetiition, OMP, Carlsson, Kleemann, D2Forged
robke181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #94
robke181

My Ride: Bmw E46 2002
Send a message via Skype™ to robke181
ok i took this tutorial from accesphoto.com the guy named Vendetta0814 wrote this, very helpful tutorial when shooting at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by robke181 View Post
OK its 2:11 Am September 29 2005 and i am Re-Writing this because alot of people have asked me to fix photos so i figured i'd spend the time to explain more.Well as you know many times you guys take photos at night or under a lamp and your photos come out with a yellowish tint, like 35mm film the camera can not see White.On a film body you would use a grey card cus the camera does not know the grey settings, ( but i'll leave that for another time)ok well i know alot of times you shoot at night especialy with this forum and all the car photography that goes on you guys HATE The yellow tint that parking structors and streetlamps give off. for example i took this photo under the lamp in my room and even tho in my eyes it looks white when i take the photo with my camera it comes out with a yellow tint like so.
Step 1, Take a Photo:

Notice the yellow, its ok but i am anal and it really bugs me.ok now find a pure white piece of paper.. i was too lazy so i picked up a napkin i had laying around from eating with a friend earlier in my room.
Step 2, Take a photo of the white card:

( Forgive me guys but i took this photo last so the white balance was already set!! )Ok i usally do it on manual and dont care if its in focus cus that **** is hard to focus up close, try to get nothing but the whitecard in your photo like such
Step 3, Setting the white balance:Every camera does it different mine i set it to Custom White Balance and then click "Choose Photo" then i chose my White Card :

( once agian notice the yellow tint)this now tricks my camera and tells it that the yellowish tint is WHITEso when i snap my photo after changing the white balance i get this.

Notice the difference in white?i use this with alot of my night shots HOWEVER it is not ALWAYS perfect, sometimes my white light turns blue (some may or may not like the effect)
Here is a side-by-side
this photo was taken by me, the tutorial helped me ALOT

and PLEASE can someone tell me how to make this kind of shot?

where to put the "car rig" ?

P.S. I know that my english is terrible, sorry

Dealer of Wald.International, Brabus, Mansory, Tech Art, PPI, Je Design, Lumma, Lamin-x, Kahn Design, Hartge, Vorsteiner, Arden, Supersprint, Eisenmann, DTE Systems, D2 Racing, Omnicompetiition, OMP, Carlsson, Kleemann, D2Forged
robke181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #95
killswitch

My Ride: e36 3
Send a message via AIM to killswitch
Motion Shots

Hey guys,
so after reading the previous couple posts I decided to take a crack at motion shots...I think this came out "ok", but I want to take a picture of my whole car with the wheels moving, how do I take that shot? Do I have to be moving next to the car while the car is moving with a slow shutter speed? or am I stationary and I follow the car with the camera on a tripod? some help would be great, thanxx!
--Alex

---
first try:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post

...fu ck it...mod it to the max and have a freaking blast...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:38 AM   #96
killswitch

*Cough*

Quote:

Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #97
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
*Cough*
You can do either or..

Here are two examples of mine..

Firstly, standing still, following my car..
Side,

More from the front,

Now in another car..

Moving in another car is a lot easier, unless you are far from the car. But still, as seen above, still accomplishable.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.

Last edited by MpoweredM; 01-08-2007 at 11:03 AM.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #98
killswitch

awesome! thanks alot man! time for me to go out n take some pics!

Quote:

Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #99
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Moving in another car is a lot easier, unless you are far from the car. But still, as seen above, still accomplishable.
True, that's the easiest to shoot a car in motion.
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #100
deletedpenguin

My Ride: is gone!
Send a message via Skype™ to deletedpenguin
Great tips.

Tags
steelgray_loves_weiner