E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #1
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
Oil problems with M3 Engine???

Has anyone with a 01-03 M3 ever had any headgasket or oil problems with their M3?? My older bro has a 02 Silver M3 and with 16,000 miles ( about 16k ) blew a headgasket and the thing started dripping oil everwhere.. We thought that my brother just drove the ****. But my other bro with a 02 LSB M3 with 14, 000, his engine is burning oil and he has to add a quart about each week or so.. we went to bmw and their not really doing anything..
If anyone has ever had this problem please reply and say what you did. Probably their is something wrong with the M3 engine or something?
Thanks guys
LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
jeffnnj

My Ride: 2002 M3 convertible
I read that BMW has had problems wih this motor. Fot that reason they have extended the warantee to I think 7 years or 100K miles.

Hardtop Is Back On. Only 6 Months 'Till Summer!!

2002 M3 Convertible: 6 speed, factory hardtop & lip spoiler, bi-xenon, navigation, sport seats, cold weather package, H/K with XM satellite radio interface, hardwired V1, Evosport CF interior trim, Isotta chrome gearshift surround, Platinum Vision II, ACS pedals, dead pedal, shift knob & e-brake, Stongard, Bimmian chrome roundel inserts & painted reflectors, RE Octane SSK, Active Autowerkes front strut tower bar
jeffnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:36 PM   #3
JCSiu

My Ride: M3
All the problem with M3 engines were bottom end I thought.(It's what I read on the roadfly site. I hope yours just a minor problem. Warrenty should takes care of that shouldn't it? My car uses 5w60 (it even came with a bottle.) Make sure you use the right grade. Good luck.
JCSiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:50 PM   #4
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
I wonder if their both Lemons or something? bmw thinks that we drove the crap out of the car to make it burn oil .. its not like we drove the car like 160 or something or overrevved it.. Could heat play a roll cause both the M3's are in Arizona and they drove them during summer.???? and in arizona it gets to about 115 or more during the day..
LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote