E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #81
Andyman

My Ride: 2000 silver 323ci
Nick, do your projector46's have a black or chrome housing for a 00 coupe.. It's seems the pictures on your site show chrome???
Andyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #82
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
It depends on the shipment, some come with Chrome and some come with black. In any case, you can always reuse your black housings or paint the chrome ones black if that's what you prefer.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #83
Andyman

My Ride: 2000 silver 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
It depends on the shipment, some come with Chrome and some come with black. In any case, you can always reuse your black housings or paint the chrome ones black if that's what you prefer.

Wow I wasn't sexpecting that answer.. My old lights got taken out by a deer last week.. 7K in damage. So I am unable to use the old ones. So I have nbo choice on chrome or black.. Just whatever??

Andyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #84
HeartColdFusion

My Ride: is shipping from CA
Send a message via AIM to HeartColdFusion
Just installed and wired up some cheap ebay rings - surprisingly enough, I'm very happy with them. The reflection on the high beams is nonexistent and they're very bright! This was just a $40 dollar experiment to see if it was worth buying them or not
Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #85
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
Wow I wasn't sexpecting that answer.. My old lights got taken out by a deer last week.. 7K in damage. So I am unable to use the old ones. So I have nbo choice on chrome or black.. Just whatever??

Unfortunately not as it all depends on our shipment
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #86
sakman74
Banned

My Ride: M3 Coupe
i installed my predator chromiums initially on euro spec right hand drive bixenons and hated them because it took some unusual aiming to get the headlights pointing correctly and every time i drove the car i noticed the angels eyes moved a bit because the top tabs were in contact with the beauty trim and the headlight housing. a few times one of the rings around my projectors actually fell off and it looked like the headlights came from outer space or something....

so i bought a set of north american bixenons, installed the angel eyes, installed the headlights, aimed correctly, and then i opened the headlights again, and put a few dots of 100 % silicon (the clear stuff) on each tab of each angel eye, and finalized their position. they never moved again, but that was partly because i had less aiming to do with the new headlights. other than that i still found that the beauty trim had a sharp wedge in the upper corner @ the projector, which was only hitting the driver's side angel eye. so i grabbed a dremel and shaved it off. and still on re-assembly i did not fully seat the outer upper corners of the beauty trim.

it was a little painful @ first, but now i have reached equalibrium.....
sakman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #87
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

If positioned correctly, you should not have to dremel or modify your headlight trim.

The rings are also designed to move with the autoleveling mechanism so that is completely normal.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:35 AM   #88
sakman74
Banned

my situation arose because when i first swapped out to bixenons, i also removed the driver's side bracket below the headlight assembly. i tried to reposition it 2wice exactly the way it was, but can't get there. so the gap between the lower headlight body trim and the bumper is slightly more than what it is on the passenger side.

hence, the aiming on the driver's side got the projector maybe 1/8" closer to the headlight lens....

does this make sense ?
Old 12-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #89
sakman74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecougar View Post
I stickied this for you guys

Quad xenon projectors and chromiums both from Umnitza

you have an LED in front of each projector on the beauty trim....what r those doing ?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #90
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman74 View Post
you have an LED in front of each projector on the beauty trim....what r those doing ?
Strobes
Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #91
sakman74
Banned

?....are they supposed to be "mini-strobes" ? those can't do full intensity strobing, can they ?

was actually thinking of adding strobes into the city light holes in my reflectors.

is there a special kind of bulb ? i am thinking they need a special relay or something in order to strobe ?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #92
BimmerZealot

My Ride: N/A
XTec Raptor Angel Eyes 6,000K

Old 01-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #93
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman74 View Post
?....are they supposed to be "mini-strobes" ? those can't do full intensity strobing, can they ?

was actually thinking of adding strobes into the city light holes in my reflectors.

is there a special kind of bulb ? i am thinking they need a special relay or something in order to strobe ?
You need a strobe bulb. You can make a strobe system a few ways (if you don't want to buy one), search the internet and you'll see. Most use a camera flash for power, a strobe bulb from radio shack, and a bunch of various diodes/relays to get the voltage trip/strobe effect (oh and a capacitor/resistor combo of course).
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #94
OptimusPrime

My Ride: Black-on-Black 04ci
Anyone got a pic of angel eyes with halogen projectors? no xenons...

Please no comments about why would you want this or why not just get xenons... thanks...
Old 01-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #95
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
^ you got a facelift coupe. so xenons and halogens are still going to look the same. the only difference is when the lows are on

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #96
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Yep exactly, it makes no difference for your Optimus.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #97
AdamLandon
Banned

My Ride: 01' 330Ci
He said no comments! He just wants pictures!

Anyways my post is about me wanting to see some comparisons of clear corners/side markers. OEM vs Jlevi vs DEPO etc. I want true clearness not none of that foggy cheap ebay ****. So if someone could help me out with this that would be great. Thanks
AdamLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 AM   #98
Blitzkrieg

My Ride: is stocker than yers
adam, not too sure for ur model/yr, but i think for the clear corner/side markers, jlevi uses depo.. that probably need official confirmation.. and also, i know we shouldn't change subject of this thread n i'm sorry for it, if u guys prefer, a separate thread/pm would be nice if bluecougar/umnitza could inform me a bit about the quad projector and led set up (i started a thread after i realized too late bluecougar's was so cool), but for the led, i'm just wondering if they're for show or do u have some fun w/ them on the road/fwy... that just wut i would get them for.. messin w/ ppl, lol, i know it's wrong, but yea... quite trouble-loving...

"You'll think you're either color blind or looking at a black & white movie"
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #99
Blitzkrieg

My Ride: is stocker than yers
man, sorry, always a step late, found bluecougar's thread about the quadxenons... nevertheless, if anyone can reply to my earlier comment, it would be greatly appreciated

"You'll think you're either color blind or looking at a black & white movie"
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #100
htk

My Ride: .
hay, i am looking to get a set of projector46 head lights for a 2000 e46 sedan, i am right hand drive will the ones i get from usa be ok, or do i have to do any outher mods to make them work, thanks for any help.
htk is offline   Reply With Quote