E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
stream41

My Ride: BMW's
FS: 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe in ocean blue metallic

Hey all, new to the forum, and possibly looking at an E46 3-series to replace my VW Jetta TDI daily driver, but first I need to sell my 911. Here's the info:

1999 911 Carrera Coupe
6-speed manual
40,700 miles
Ocean blue metallic exterior
Full black leather interior
Sunroof, PW, PD, PS, all that stuff
Slight tint - not sure what percentage

The car is in great condition, with a few very minor exceptions. There is some wear on the driver seat leather from getting in and out of the car. The center glove box still works, but it's a bit loose. The floor mats are missing. As for the exterior, there are a couple of 1mm rock chips on the front bumper, and the driver-side rear quarter panel has a couple of minor dings on it, not visible from more than a few feet away. There is one 2mm rock chip in the windshield. Finally, there is a 2-inch scuff on the edge of the passenger-side rear rim. I know this sounds like a lot, but I'm being pretty picky.

Other than those issues, the car is amazing. If you're familiar with 996's, you know that this '99 has no traction control - it's just you, the brakes and gas pedal, and a rear-engine, RWD car that is ready to be driven like a true sports car without a bunch of computers doing it for you. As you can imagine, it's a blast to drive. The color is somewhat rare - you see ocean blue 911's from time to time, but the ocean blue metallic is pretty hard to find. It looks fantastic on the black interior. It is completely stock, with the exception of clear side markers I installed to get rid of the ugly orange ones. It has not been smoked in. I'm the second owner - I bought it in Pittsburgh from a dealer who got it from a doctor as a trade-in.

The car isn't due for another oil change until 45,000 miles, but you'll probably want to get one done anyway, since it's been since April. I just installed brand-new rims (high-quality Mille Miglia Cup 3's) and tires (Potenza RE750's) at around 35,000 miles, so you're totally set on tires. It's been inspected several times for the dreaded RMS problem, but it's not even leaking a drop. The car got a new clutch at around 30K miles right before I bought it, so it's nice and stiff. I own the car, so I have the title in hand. I also have all the manuals.

Finally, the price. Because of the low mileage and the rare color, I want to get around $33,500 for the car. No, it's not the cheapest 911 on the internet, but I think you get what you pay for. This would be the PERFECT entry-level Porsche for someone who's always been interested in having one. I'm only selling the car because I want to start preparing for a 996 Turbo.

Here are some pics. I have plenty more if you're interested. Please e-mail me at jessenewton@gmail.com with any questions.

Last edited by stream41; 12-01-2006 at 11:04 AM.
stream41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
zhan
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: 330xi
Send a message via AIM to zhan
how many owners?
zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
stream41

I'm the second owner. I got it from a dealer in Pittsburgh who got it in as a trade from a doctor.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
dromike15

My Ride: IS300
what are the specs on the engine? also whats 0-60 in these things. I'm interested. email or pm me, dromike15@gbyte.com
dromike15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
stream41

Flat 6 design, 3.4L, 300hp I believe. I think it does 0-60 in about 4.8 to 5 seconds. Porsche says 5.1 or something, but they are notoriously conservative. The rear-engine and RWD setup allows it to use its power VERY efficiently. It has massive amounts of grip because of the weight of the engine on top of the rear wheels. It's almost impossible to get any tire spin because of all the grip it has. The acceleration is pretty violent - you get a WONDERFUL exhaust note out of the engine under full acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear. It really is the "Stuttgart Symphony."

However, the steering, handling, and feel of the car will blow you away more than the acceleration. Unless you do something really stupid, you simply cannot make this car feel out-of-control. It really is an amazing machine to drive. It perfectly conveys the feel of the road to the driver.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
stream41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromike15 View Post
what are the specs on the engine? also whats 0-60 in these things. I'm interested. email or pm me, dromike15@gbyte.com
I tried to e-mail you, but I got blocked by some kind of spam filter. Do you have another address? You can e-mail at jessenewton@gmail.com if you want.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
stream41

Top!