E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:53 AM   #1081
bigali88

My Ride: peforMance car
Hey guys I really need your help, thanks in advance for all the help you have given. Here is the situation: Me and some friends were at our local park in the city of orange. We got to the park at around 8 and were hanging out playing asketball and cards etc.. Time flies by and before we know it it is 11:00 p.m. We know that the park closes at 11:00 and it was getting late anyways so we start cleaning up. Right then an officer pulls up and asks for our I.D's. We give it to him and after about 20 minutes of waiting he gives us each a ticket for staying at the park after hours. He says that usually he tells people to just leave but this night they had a meeting of some sort and his boss said that he couldn't use his discretion etc... So basically we recieve a ticket for statyng at the park only 30 minutes after it closes. On out tickets it says "OMC 12.48.090 Enter Park After 23:00 (23:30). He tells us its a fine of less than 100 dollars and that we just pay that and it will not be on our records. The problem I have is that he marked the box MISDEMEANOR on the ticket, and he also circled it next to the actuall code. From what I know about misdemeanors is that they will stay on your record and that they are very severe. I am worried about my future and do not want to have a messed up record just for staying 30 minutes to late at the park. What do you guys think I should do? If it does not stay on my record I am happy paying the fine, but I am worried that since it is a misdemeanor it will stay on my record and will cause problems for me in the future. Do you think I should fight it? If it is serious should I get a lawyer. I am looking forward to your guys help since I am extremely worried. Basically ?I do not want to mess up my future becuse I stayed at the park 30 minutes over closing hours. Again thanks for your help and just to be a little more clear this occured in the city of orange in orange county. Thak you very much and hope you guys can help me out.

Im the king Biatchess!!!
bigali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #1082
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Desoto CHP is fine, also any Sheriffs station or court house can do it too. Call the court the citation was assigned to, and ask for an extension and a copy of the citation, they should be able to do both for you. They may require that you go there in person to get a copy of the citation...
Thanks.. then how do I pay the $10 processing fee?
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #1083
Mango
A full five stars, son

Usually I'd go to the Chatsworth Courthouse to do it.. but seeing as how the ticket was written in Santa Barbara, could I still do that??
Old 12-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #1084
iiilgsrlll

My Ride: C55 ////AMG
Send a message via AIM to iiilgsrlll
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Thanks.. then how do I pay the $10 processing fee?

You can either mail it in or go to the courthouse to pay.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
iiilgsrlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:28 AM   #1085
baller2all

My Ride: BMW E46 M3
Just got pulled over yesterday and got a fix it ticket, my question is do i have to fix it or can i just pay a fine without fixing it?
baller2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #1086
Makakio

My Ride: 03 325i sport
BigAli - a misdemeanor is no big deal and will in no way "mess up your future". If you want it off your record, show up to court and plead your request to the judge. Tell him you really don't want it on your record and you're happy to pay the fine. It's his call - but you shouldn't get a lawyer, etc. Again, it's really not a big deal.
Makakio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #1087
cmackin300

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG Coupe
Send a message via MSN to cmackin300 Send a message via Yahoo to cmackin300
Having a Radar detector should not be an automatic ticket...unfair. If it's not illegal it shouldn't make a difference. Good thread.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #1088
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigali88 View Post
Hey guys I really need your help, thanks in advance for all the help you have given. Here is the situation: Me and some friends were at our local park in the city of orange. We got to the park at around 8 and were hanging out playing asketball and cards etc.. Time flies by and before we know it it is 11:00 p.m. We know that the park closes at 11:00 and it was getting late anyways so we start cleaning up. Right then an officer pulls up and asks for our I.D's. We give it to him and after about 20 minutes of waiting he gives us each a ticket for staying at the park after hours. He says that usually he tells people to just leave but this night they had a meeting of some sort and his boss said that he couldn't use his discretion etc... So basically we recieve a ticket for statyng at the park only 30 minutes after it closes. On out tickets it says "OMC 12.48.090 Enter Park After 23:00 (23:30). He tells us its a fine of less than 100 dollars and that we just pay that and it will not be on our records. The problem I have is that he marked the box MISDEMEANOR on the ticket, and he also circled it next to the actuall code. From what I know about misdemeanors is that they will stay on your record and that they are very severe. I am worried about my future and do not want to have a messed up record just for staying 30 minutes to late at the park. What do you guys think I should do? If it does not stay on my record I am happy paying the fine, but I am worried that since it is a misdemeanor it will stay on my record and will cause problems for me in the future. Do you think I should fight it? If it is serious should I get a lawyer. I am looking forward to your guys help since I am extremely worried. Basically ?I do not want to mess up my future becuse I stayed at the park 30 minutes over closing hours. Again thanks for your help and just to be a little more clear this occured in the city of orange in orange county. Thak you very much and hope you guys can help me out.
Go see the judge...I'm surprised its not an infraction already, but the judge can help you out if you have a squeaky clean record. No need to retain a lawyer in my opinion, but its up to you.

Also, as someone else mentioned, non-violent misdemeanors (other than DUI) are really no biggie and shouldn't effect your future.

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #1089
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller2all View Post
Just got pulled over yesterday and got a fix it ticket, my question is do i have to fix it or can i just pay a fine without fixing it?
Have to fix it, even if it is marked "non-correctable"

Old 12-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #1090
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiilgsrlll View Post
You can either mail it in or go to the courthouse to pay.
Right, but I got the ticket in SB, and the courthouse I normally go to is far far away from SB. Do i need to go to SB courthouse? Guess ill figure it out..

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 12-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #1091
OHCM3

Quote:
Right, but I got the ticket in SB, and the courthouse I normally go to is far far away from SB. Do i need to go to SB courthouse? Guess ill figure it out..
Can't go to your own local courthouse to pay as it is a different county...

Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #1092
D0n Raja

My Ride: 330ci 04
hey, ive heard that sometimes cops...instead using their radar they will set up a trap. Have one cop posting say at stevensons on 880 and another at say thorton on 880. They see how long it takes for one car to get from car cop A to car cop B and if its faster than what it should be driving at 65 they ticket you? I'd guess they would do this when its hard to radar someone...say in hard curvey roads i.e. the 17.

Also, since you guys use radars just curious...could you get a radar scrambler...i know it sounds funny..but is that possible (not that I would do that considering that no one near be could listen to the radio)
thanks!

go bears!
D0n Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #1093
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0n Raja View Post
hey, ive heard that sometimes cops...instead using their radar they will set up a trap. Have one cop posting say at stevensons on 880 and another at say thorton on 880. They see how long it takes for one car to get from car cop A to car cop B and if its faster than what it should be driving at 65 they ticket you? I'd guess they would do this when its hard to radar someone...say in hard curvey roads i.e. the 17.

Also, since you guys use radars just curious...could you get a radar scrambler...i know it sounds funny..but is that possible (not that I would do that considering that no one near be could listen to the radio)
thanks!

go bears!
The "trap" that you note above is not a method I have ever heard of and it sounds like there would be some major accurracy issues. The only real accepted ways of obtaining speed are pacing and radar/lidar. Officers can also do a visual estimation, but that is harder to support in court.

As for the radar jammers, I don't know exactly how they work, but I do know that they are illegal. I also don't think they work on lidar.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #1094
Mango
A full five stars, son

OHCM3 or Frobie, my friend just asked me if it's illegal to have a windshield mounted GPS unit in their car while driving in California? All her friends are telling her its illegal. You know.. one of those common GPS units you get from Best Buy and mount on the windshield. Thanks!!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 12-27-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:33 PM   #1095
iiilgsrlll

My Ride: C55 ////AMG
Send a message via AIM to iiilgsrlll
Quote:
The "trap" that you note above is not a method I have ever heard of and it sounds like there would be some major accurracy issues. The only real accepted ways of obtaining speed are pacing and radar/lidar. Officers can also do a visual estimation, but that is harder to support in court.

As for the radar jammers, I don't know exactly how they work, but I do know that they are illegal. I also don't think they work on lidar.
It is illegal although rental car agencies still lend them out like they're not. Buy a dash mounted one to avoid the hassle.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
iiilgsrlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #1096
BearMW

My Ride: makes my ears bleed
You guys have probably answered this already, but is white(7000k) fog lights legal? Or does it have to be yellow?

Also is Predator Chromiums illegal? Because I thought I read a Thread/Post about someguy saying that he got a ticket for his lights.

-Thanks
BearMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #1097
OHCM3

Quote:
OHCM3 or Frobie, my friend just asked me if it's illegal to have a windshield mounted GPS unit in their car while driving in California? All her friends are telling her its illegal. You know.. one of those common GPS units you get from Best Buy and mount on the windshield. Thanks!!
Anything on the windshield is illegal, so it is technically. Only time I would call someone on it is if it is mounted right in the middle of their line of sight, or if they are obviously being distracted by it.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #1098
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBear View Post
You guys have probably answered this already, but is white(7000k) fog lights legal? Or does it have to be yellow?

Also is Predator Chromiums illegal? Because I thought I read a Thread/Post about someguy saying that he got a ticket for his lights.

-Thanks
White fogs are not an issue as long as they don't have a blue tint to them. The M3's fogs are just plain white bulbs stock.

Not sure what the Chromiums are...

Old 12-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #1099
Mango
A full five stars, son

Thanks OHC, I appreciate it.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 12-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #1100
BearMW

My Ride: makes my ears bleed
Quote:
White fogs are not an issue as long as they don't have a blue tint to them. The M3's fogs are just plain white bulbs stock.

Not sure what the Chromiums are...
Thanks OHCM3, the Chromiums are Angel Eyes.
BearMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa