E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #21
palomino

My Ride: e36 328, e46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonModena View Post
I can't seem to carry a solid conversation.
you should really work on that.
palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
stiLL reaL iLL

My Ride: A chrome beach bike
Send a message via AIM to stiLL reaL iLL
Go end yourself tool.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #23
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonModena View Post
I mean, I'm not looking for like a poor poor girl, just like a wholesome one. Think of your average american college girl, who is very attractive, and that's what I'm looking for. She would probably live in a dorm, eat dorm food, play beer bong, go to class, wear hollister, etc etc.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
BostonModena

My Ride: M3, RRS, AMV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3P0rtlnd12 View Post
what you just described is not used to describe a girl that's 'wholesome' you're talking about the typical southern californian girl..
No, I'm just trying to describe a typical college girl. I dunno, I mean I grew in So. Cal, and have dated several blonde bombshells, etc, but they were all high maint. Think of like Molly Sims. I would imagine before she became famous, she was just a hot midwest girl.
BostonModena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #25
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3P0rtlnd12 View Post
what you just described is not used to describe a girl that's 'wholesome' you're talking about the typical southern californian girl..
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #26
Gbimmer

My Ride: Subway
Simple, be cocky not arrogant. Don't talk about your cars. Talk about who you are, not what you have. I think it has more to do with their culture, rather than their bank account.

I know the whole club life vs boring hometown divide that your feeling, I have nothing in common with the people I grew up with (as rich as they are.) When I go home (NJ suburbs), I have to rely on pure personality because telling anyone about my social life pretty much makes people resent me. I'll tease girls about what I do, but I'll never dwell on it. The upside? They find pretty much ANYTHING interesting because everyone else is so boring.

As for college girls, in Boston, they tend to be kind of like boring suburb girls. Its easier to talk about nightlife as something that they could get into, whereas most suburban girls see it as something they'll never really do for some reason.

Last edited by Gbimmer; 01-29-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Gbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #27
BostonModena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiLL reaL iLL View Post
Go end yourself tool.
lol @ you. I'm asking for advice from a somewhere target audiance. I mean, I can't even think of the jokes I would get if I asked this question to my close friends.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #28
caMber156
loves M.J.

My Ride: II.V
you won't find many girls from the Mid-west in socal...g'luck w/ that. People just typically date others that come from the same so. eco background because if they don't--just like you said, differences will cause problems one day. Believe it, just stick to your materialistic blondies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #29
marvintheandroid

My Ride: The Heart of Gold
When my ancestors came over to this great country 400 years ago, they had a vision for a utopia, free from minorities, liberals, poor people, homosexuals, and immigrants. There are few today who share such lofty ideals, but we're easy to find: Pastel polo shirts, loafers without socks, tucked-in shirts, but most importantly, collars up.
Call me a douchebag. Call me an arrogant little *********** dickhead. Beat the **** out of me if I'm not with fifteen of my B-frat friends (unlikely). But just know this: I interned at Smith Barney this summer. Where did you work? A Blockbuster? That's right you insignificant sack of dogshit; I'm going to be your boss. So take your t-shirt wearing, financial aid, blue-collar ass over to Blockbuster and get me a copy of Old School. Do you even own a tuxedo?
Look at my girlfriend. You think she'd go for someone who didn't have his collar up? I don't think so. I remember the night I met her. I bought her so many $9 drinks she couldn't even walk. So I drove her home in my BMW 328ci, but not before I took a few "liberties" with her. The next morning I took her to brunch and went to the mall, where I bought her some blouses. You *******s don't know the first thing about being a gentleman. You probably don't even know how to sail.
When I get out of business school, I'm going to be making $120,000 a year. Add that to my trust fund, and I can buy a country club membership, a ski house, and still have enough money to go barhopping around the city in my designer clothes and ****-eating grin. Maybe I'll offer you a hundred bucks to flip my collar up for me. I earned it you middle-class **** up. I bet you went to public school.
You're so predictable. I bet I can guess your political party just by looking at you. My cronies and I range from elitist northern liberals to heartless conservative bastards. I've wasted enough time with you. Get some rich parents, an internship, and a pink polo with the collar up, and then maybe I'll let you hang out with me.
marvintheandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #30
marvintheandroid

My Ride: The Heart of Gold
I <3 that article
marvintheandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #31
BostonModena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbimmer View Post
Simple, be cocky not arrogant. Don't talk about your cars. Talk about who you are, not what you have. I think it has more to do with their culture, rather than their bank account.

I know the whole club life vs boring hometown divide that your feeling, I have nothing in common with the people I grew up with (as rich as they are.) When I go home (NJ suburbs), I have to rely on pure personality because telling anyone about my social life pretty much makes people resent me. I'll tease girls about what I do, but I'll never dwell on it. The upside? They find pretty much ANYTHING interesting because everyone else is so boring.
Yeah, I would imagine you're in a somewhat similar prediciment, living in the city, and going back to the suburbs and trying to relate to those people. I mean, I've done the whole understated don't talk about my cars, where I live, where I'm from, where I've been kinda stuff, but for some reason, I can't relate to these girls. I mean I'm a funny guy, but I have no idea what to do with poor girls.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #32
Jarn0

My Ride: Nada :(
Check out this thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439503

You might find something interesting
Originally Posted by JoeVert
There is a good reason why so many more black men date white girls then vice versa. I have a feeling black men are not avoiding black women because of their color
Of all the posts I've read in forums in my life, this was easily the most captivating. It has all the elements of a great post, adventure, mystery, love, and danger...When I read this post, it took my breath away. Simply amazing. 10 stars!
Jarn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #33
CedricM82

My Ride: X-43A
Send a message via AIM to CedricM82
I am sorry to say mate, but at the end of the day you need to date people with the same level of income and social status of yourself( or what you portray)... if you want it to really be a meaningful relationship for you and for her. You go to that girls' house in your modena.. you can make that entire family uncomfortable( or put that girl on farm status for your wallet if shes that type of girl). If what you want is a good home girl then start to project that image apon yourself, and you will get girls like that. You said you can come off as arrogant... maybe that along with your car and status repels those girls your looking for and your attracting the Lindsey Lohan *****es you dont want. Maybe all of what I posted makes no sense... but for what its worth bling doesnt get all the girls.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #34
BostonModena

I know bling doesn't get all the girls. That's why sometimes I'll put on a T-shirt and jeans and walk around to the bookstore, and try to be normal, but it never turns out correctly.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #35
Taylor

My Ride: School Bus
Apparently, grocery stores and B/N is where poor, wholesome people hangout. And I just thought hungry book-readers frequented these places.

Oh well....
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnick View Post
you and jimmy540i should go to bars together! i bet you guys would be the most popular people ever bc everyone would be dumbfounded by your awesomeness!
i am dumbfounded by the awsomeness of that baby lambo in your sig.

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #37
BostonModena

For those local to me (Boston), you can see me trying to pickup poor girls at the Barnes and Nobles in the Prudential Center or the Borders on Newbury/Boylston every so often.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #38
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
my god. I can't believe people like you exist. I mean, how can you not have had sense smacked into you by sheer chance one of the many days you have been alive? first of all, a normal person would have addressed this somewhat normal issue with a question worded like "I am tired of materialistic girls, where can I find some down to earth girls?"

but no, you go off on how you want to date a poor girl, further implying that you used to only date rich girls or that you are rich yourself...especially when you say that you have nothing in common with girls who are poor so you can't carry a conversation with them.

Yea, you're right. You have absolutely nothing in common with humble, normal, genuine, down to earth, good people (girls). You should stick to your kind and just keep dating the stupid hoes that only like you for your dad's ferrari.

You never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work friggin sea donkey.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #39
Gbimmer

My Ride: Subway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceddyluv82 View Post
I am sorry to say mate, but at the end of the day you need to date people with the same level of income and social status of yourself( or what you portray)... if you want it to really be a meaningful relationship for you and for her. You go to that girls' house in your modena.. you can make that entire family uncomfortable( or put that girl on farm status for your wallet if shes that type of girl). If what you want is a good home girl then start to project that image apon yourself, and you will get girls like that. You said you can come off as arrogant... maybe that along with your car and status repels those girls your looking for and your attracting the Lindsey Lohan *****es you dont want. Maybe all of what I posted makes no sense... but for what its worth bling doesnt get all the girls.
Not really true. Yes, girls will **** guys that are in a similar group of people, but girls will also **** guys that are in a group that they want to be in (ie. sports groupies, frat hoes, etc). I think he's just not portraying himself in a way thats attractive enough to normal girls, and my guess is that its not only failing to find commonalities (which isn't that important if your attractive anyway), but also an inadvertent arrogance coming across as well.

Last edited by Gbimmer; 01-29-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Gbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
BostonModena

sometimes, I'll hit up a college hangout spot like fanagle a bagle, or starbucks.