E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #41
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Agreed!

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #42
turbo38sfi

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcurley55
new parts from the dealer:

65-12-8-229-147 - $4.25 - Radio Blind -- x 1
64-11-6-904-311 - $40.20 - Manual Climate Control Panel -- x 1

Gonna call and order these today. Can you tell me what the radio blind actually is? Is it a blank plate where the radio would normally go?
turbo38sfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #43
Jackboot

My Ride: Bus
What kind of paint did you use for your final coat on the trim piece? I have made a trim piece very similar to yours. The paint you used matches the interior colour very well! Let me know

Jackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #44
pluckydks

My Ride: Estoril eta and ZCP
Send a message via AIM to pluckydks
well, this thread is sort of old, but that's just freakin SWEET. i like how the headunits are sort of recessed also.

Soon to come....OEM CSL'd out...maybe
pluckydks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #45
rcurley55

My Ride: 2001 IR M3 Coupe
the paint is duplicolor flat black enamel - spray a base coat, then spray lightly with the can 14-16" away from the piece - should give you the texture you want - it matches perfectly, and people have actually asked if it's plastic.

rcurley55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM   #46
Jackboot

My Ride: Bus
thanks I'll post pics when I get mine repainted!
Jackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #47
2000bmw

My Ride: 328i
2 disc players? all you need now is a mixer
2000bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #48
3onDubs

My Ride: no
^^^ one disc player, one sound processor (think of it like an equalizer/crossover)....and this thread is over a year old...i believe he's parted with that system already....
3onDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #49
rcurley55

yeah, sad to say it's gone - I still miss it, but my Zapco DC's are AWESOME amps, so I'm pretty happy. I see a W200 or Z1 in my future!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #50
alizbeemer
MOdding process

My Ride: need a new one
Send a message via AIM to alizbeemer

Borla Exhuast System
Conforti Intake
Conforti Shark Injector
M3 Mirrors
M3 Steering wheel
M3 Lip Spoiler
Mtech II bumber
8000k Angel Eyes
6000k Projectors
Csl 18s Staggered
35% Lumar Tint
UUC Stage 3 Suspention
Oem Clears
Chrome Gauge Rings
Diamond Audio
Matt chrome Interior Trim
Matt chrome shift knob
JL Audio Amps
alizbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #51
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Yeah, the Z1 is pretty badass...the only reason i chose to go with the W200 is because it can control the H701 (not mention the fact that it's half the price if you can forego the nav and hard drive...lol)
3onDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 AM   #52
babydocjd

My Ride: Bauer Vapor X 3.0
sorry dude,that just looks ugly and it seems to be a waste of money and time. you shoulda gone with a double din alpine...that woulda looked clean and sounded better than what you have, plus you would have navi and vid

---J!E!T!S! JETS JETS Winnipeg Jets!---
babydocjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #53
rcurley55

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydocjd View Post
sorry dude,that just looks ugly and it seems to be a waste of money and time. you shoulda gone with a double din alpine...that woulda looked clean and sounded better than what you have, plus you would have navi and vid
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I coulnd't care less if you call it ugly, but I can't stand pure ignorance.

Let me give you a little suggestion - how about you check the original date on the thread? There was no double din unit available from alpine when I purchased that combo.

On top of that, it couldn't have sounded any better, by definition, because both the W200 (and even the new W205) and 7996 use a toslink optical out for CD playback into the H700 - so they would have been identical! In fact, the 7996 uses the same transport as the F#1 unit, so it probably sounded BETTER than your suggestion of using a screen.

As I've stated numerous times in this thread already - the point for that setup was sq - not video, nat navi, nothing else. Alpine didn't even have a decent iPod adaptor - it was over TWO YEARS ago!!!

On top of that, the combo isn't even in my car any longer...

Please, do us all a favor and know what you are talking about before opening your mouth - it should cut down on the foot taste in your mouth

Last edited by rcurley55; 01-31-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #54
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcurley55 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I coulnd't care less if you call it ugly, but I can't stand pure ignorance.

Let me give you a little suggestion - how about you check the original date on the thread? There was no double din unit available from alpine when I purchased that combo.

On top of that, it couldn't have sounded any better, by definition, because both the W200 (and even the new W205) and 7996 use a toslink optical out for CD playback into the H700 - so they would have been identical! In fact, the 7996 uses the same transport as the F#1 unit, so it probably sounded BETTER than your suggestion of using a screen.

As I've stated numerous times in this thread already - the point for that setup was sq - not video, nat navi, nothing else. Alpine didn't even have a decent iPod adaptor - it was over TWO YEARS ago!!!

On top of that, the combo isn't even in my car any longer...

Please, do us all a favor and know what you are talking about before opening your mouth - it should cut down on the foot taste in your mouth

times 27

i personally love that install and i bet it sounds amazing
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #55
Edscapade

My Ride: 2004 330i
Looks great!!! congrats on an excellent install. your attention to details shows!
Edscapade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 PM   #56
vids_blk323Ci
DFW

My Ride: JB 323Ci SP PP
Send a message via AIM to vids_blk323Ci
Whats in the car now?

Dinan Stage I S/W | ACS RSB | ///M FSB |UUC TMEs & Pulleys |Ate Slotted Discs | ScanGuageII | RockyMounts MTB Carrrier | OEM Rear Clears | LED Euro City Lights & Rear Fogs | Two-Tone Suede DIY | ACS Pedals | Bimmian Gauge Rings & M3 Face | Smoked Frnt Corners w/ Luxeon LEDs | EAS CF Roundels | JLevi Ti CF trim | Blk Suede shift/ e-brake boots | ECS Smoked Frnt Bumper Reflectors | DICE Duo
vids_blk323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #57
Wickedflava

My Ride: 2006 M3, 1999 Dakota
this is a late post... probably at least 2 years late...
but, that was a dope setup.

let the installer and the owner decide how it looks and SOUNDS!

in this case the cat did a hell of a job (cosmetically and a great choice for the audio components in my opinion) and now he's onto the next steps of his install,

bet your tired of hearing about all this negative bs. let us know the progress of your next install bro, bet it's gonna be badass.
Wickedflava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #58
rcurley55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedflava View Post
this is a late post... probably at least 2 years late...
but, that was a dope setup.

let the installer and the owner decide how it looks and SOUNDS!

in this case the cat did a hell of a job (cosmetically and a great choice for the audio components in my opinion) and now he's onto the next steps of his install,

bet your tired of hearing about all this negative bs. let us know the progress of your next install bro, bet it's gonna be badass.

thanks for the kind words - whenever an installer (DIY or otherwise) puts up an install on the web, you open yourself to criticism, constructive or otherwise.

The negative comments don't bother me one bit, there will always be others who have different opinions than I - so it's ok. Personally, I see this as an opportunity for me to learn as an installer an the board to use as a resource.

That source install is the best - BAR NONE - that has ever been in my car and with that said:

1. is it the perfect install?
2. is it the best looking install?
3. is it the right thing to do?

no on all accounts for any one but me, at the time, in my car.

with that said, zapco dc amps are in the car with a factory head, but an all alpine head to amplifier install is probably on the horizon shortly - and of couse install pics will follow as I feel it helps to grow and aid other installers!

Stay tuned!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #59
BartenderPlease
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 328i Sport
I wonder how many girls are gonna be like "OMG you have TWO CD players?!?"

awaits: hot cams, headers, tune
AERA Performance Engine Builder
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R/Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #60
04M3Vert

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcurley55 View Post
thanks for the kind words - whenever an installer (DIY or otherwise) puts up an install on the web, you open yourself to criticism, constructive or otherwise.

The negative comments don't bother me one bit, there will always be others who have different opinions than I - so it's ok. Personally, I see this as an opportunity for me to learn as an installer an the board to use as a resource.

That source install is the best - BAR NONE - that has ever been in my car and with that said:

1. is it the perfect install?
2. is it the best looking install?
3. is it the right thing to do?

no on all accounts for any one but me, at the time, in my car.

with that said, zapco dc amps are in the car with a factory head, but an all alpine head to amplifier install is probably on the horizon shortly - and of couse install pics will follow as I feel it helps to grow and aid other installers!

Stay tuned!
Rcurley, since you are (at least in my world) the difinitive expert on Alpine, would I be better off using the DVA-9965 (remote mounting) with a touch screen or should I just use the VPA-B222 as my source and controller? I don't want to do the whole double din vent mod, so I'm looking to this as an alternative.

OR do I use the VPA-B222 and the DVA-9965?

on all of your post, you've really provided a lot of useful audio information to the board, in my opinion.

I also intend on using the PXA-H701 and I believe I'm going to go the way of the Blackbird for NAV and either Ranibow or Focal for the speakers.

Thanks in advance.
04M3Vert is offline   Reply With Quote