E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
How to wire Angel Eyes to be on WITHOUT the parking lights?

Ive been searching for a good minute now, and almost all of the DIY's I have come across on DDE's explain how to wire them to turn on WITH the parking lights, but I want the exact opposite.

I want my DDE's to be on during the day (basically all the time) without having to switch the parking lights on. Basically I want only the DDE's during the day, and DDE's+parking lights+headlights during the nighttime. As an alternative to tapping into the parking lights, Ive heard you can tap into a red/white/gold wire somewhere in the ECU and it will achieve what im looking for. The problem is that I don't understand how the grey DDE wire coming from the wiring harness is supposed to reach all the way back there. Especially on the passenger side since it is especially far from the ECU unit. Can anybody offer some insight? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im anxious to finally get my new headlights up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
It depends on the kit you are using but with our wiring harness, you run the pink wire over to the ECU. Check out this guide for more info:

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes.html
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
AfghanScarface

Thanks for the info. As far as the kit goes, I actually got the headlights off you guys; Projector36 w/ Predator Chromium DDE.

I'm still unsure about a couple things:

The PnP connectors included with the set do not contain a pink wire. The grey DDE wire is far too short to even reach the ECU box, so how do people get around this?

Quote:
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Northstar

My Ride: B7 S4
I don't know if the e36's are the same, but i wired my demon eyes into my dome light. The wire goes under the glove box, and you can bring it through the firewall over there. SO therefore if u press the unlock button, they go on, and in fact they're always on if the keys in the switch. I also did wire it into the ecu, i can't recall which wire though. Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Thanks for the info. As far as the kit goes, I actually got the headlights off you guys; Projector36 w/ Predator Chromium DDE.

I'm still unsure about a couple things:

The PnP connectors included with the set do not contain a pink wire. The grey DDE wire is far too short to even reach the ECU box, so how do people get around this?
If you got them from us, contact us and we can send over an installation guide

support@jlevisw.com
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
AfghanScarface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
I don't know if the e36's are the same, but i wired my demon eyes into my dome light. The wire goes under the glove box, and you can bring it through the firewall over there. SO therefore if u press the unlock button, they go on, and in fact they're always on if the keys in the switch. I also did wire it into the ecu, i can't recall which wire though. Hope this helps.
How did you get the wire all the way down to underneath your glove box? Mine doesn't stretch out that far.

Quote:

Old 02-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #7
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
just splice another wire to it to make it longer.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
Northstar

My Ride: B7 S4
Yea, i should have spliced another wire to it but i didn't. It was a huge pain in the ass, and i had absolutely no room to work with. You can do it without splicing another wire but it's not worth it. When you finally get the wire down there though, its a good feeling haha.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #9
AfghanScarface

that answer is the freaking holy grail ive been searching for. Thank you so much.

Do you guys know what type of wire im gonna need to ask for?

Quote:

Old 02-15-2007, 02:54 AM   #10
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i'm pretty sure it's an 18 gauge wire.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote