E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
pf330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 278
My Ride: Mini GP, '08 135i
angel eye problems

alright guys here is my problem, i bought some predator chromium angel eyes from modbargains and recieved them but one of the bulbs was broken in one of the lights i got. so i emailed them about the problem and they quickly sent me a new bulb for the damaged piece. well when i went to try to put the bulb in the old housing ofcourse it wouldnt fit properly and it broke. so then i sent another email asking if they could send me and new ring, plastic and all, if i sent back the damaged pieces? and they told me no, i would have to pay 35 dollars to get a whole new piece. what should i do? in my opinion i shouldnt have to pay for this because the original piece was damaged in shipping. i also offered to pay half of the 35 dollars. am i being a bad customer or do they have bad customer service?
pf330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Da Jemster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal - Simi Valley
Posts: 661
My Ride: is ///Mpulsive
They fulfilled their part by replacing a DEFECTIVE/DAMAGED piece. The 2nd time around, you owned up that you inadvertently damaged it. So sponsor shouldn't send u a free replacement because the accident was caused by the end-user. They do have good customer svc.
__________________
...

08 E93 DCT - Stock for now...

04 M3 CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cat///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Heads & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Matching Reflectors///Black'd corners, sides & tails///TEIN S

Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Philbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the hills and far away
Posts: 1,718
My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf330ci View Post
in my opinion i shouldnt have to pay for this because the original piece was damaged in shipping.
AND THEY DID SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT FREE.

AND THEN YOU BROKE IT.

Sorry you're having issues, but they did what they should have, and you should pay up for breaking it - not them.

\
__________________
02 M3 Vert | 87 4Runner | 80 280ZX


Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod


Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
tdevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,334
My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
Mod should move this to the DDE forum.



its your fault really.. if the ring didnt fit why'd ya try to cram it in? you shoulda sent it back and ask for the proper one.

also is the ring 35$, that sounds more like ring + the housing?

i was surprised modbargins actually sent you a replacement ring. most DDE vendors i dealt with charge me no matter whose fault that is and usually blame it something else.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
PhillyKatBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 294
My Ride: BMW
damn...this really makes me iffy on gettin DDEs...
__________________
-Chevalier Mal Fet-
PhillyKatBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
320de46m47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,001
My Ride: 320D Touring
i disagree. if it didnt fit it wasnt your fault ...they should pay and even if it wasnt their fault it wont do them any harm in terms of good publicity and public relations for something that costs them cents
320de46m47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
patchp009
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Swansea
Posts: 47
My Ride: E46 330i
+1
__________________
E46 330i
patchp009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
Philbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the hills and far away
Posts: 1,718
My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320de46m47 View Post
i disagree. if it didnt fit it wasnt your fault ...they should pay and even if it wasnt their fault it wont do them any harm in terms of good publicity and public relations for something that costs them cents
No offense to the OP, but do we know for certain that it didn't fit right, or he just made a mistake and broke something? The install is tediuos and takes a long time your first time doing the DIY (I had to take things apart twice).

Before we slam ModBargains, we should know more about the second broken one.

And here's a question: If he was sent the improper size, wouldn't he have broken TWO rings instead of the one replacement?

Smells like user error, but that's just from his one post - no offense - I've broken things too :-)
__________________
02 M3 Vert | 87 4Runner | 80 280ZX


Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod


Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
BiGGm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph/ Doylestown
Posts: 568
My Ride: 06 ZCP M3 (totaled)
they should just send a new ring...it's a fcuking piece of plastic.
BiGGm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO
 
Mike@Modbargains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: La Habra, CA
Posts: 5,624
My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
The first ring cost us $10 to send out in shipping costs.

The next ring costs us $35 in cost of the ring from our supplier plus $10 shipping cost.

So even sending you the new ring for $35, we are losing $20 total by replacing these. We send replacement rings (without housings) to our customers all the time and rarely does anybody have a problem putting the new ring in the housing.

We're sorry for the trouble you are having but I can't lose $55 total because you're breaking the rings when replacing them. If you came to a point in the replacement of the ring where you thought there might be a problem, you should have stopped, e-mailed us, and we would have helped you out with suggestions on how not to break it.

We have to draw the line somewhere on when free parts are given out, otherwise we won't be around in the long term to serve everyone here on E46Fanatics.
__________________
Authorized Dealer of: Forgestar Wheels l KW Suspension l VMR Wheels l Miro Wheels
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm, Saturday 8am - 5pm (PST)
We Specialize In: BMW Parts | BMW Rims | BMW Wheels | BMW Exhaust
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
russ330
Mod Squad
 
russ330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mississippi's Gulf Coast
Posts: 15,800
My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
I agree with the majority here: You broke the second ring due to your own actions, if you didn't know what you were doing you should have asked the vendor for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
Mod should move this to the DDE forum.
Member should report a post in the wrong forum so that a Mod can move it sooner.
__________________
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #12
320de46m47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,001
My Ride: 320D Touring
were you trying to squeeze it into the lamp dome or something? its supposed to just hang in front
320de46m47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
Philbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the hills and far away
Posts: 1,718
My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGGm3 View Post
they should just send a new ring...it's a fcuking piece of plastic.
And shipping....

It's not just the cost of the materials - it's the R&D and manufacturing costs that go into the value of something.

For an extreme example, a $1,000 high end Intel CPU *costs* less than $100 to make - closer to $50 really - but the R&D to design that thing is in probably closer to $1 Billion - so they have to charge more to pay for the R&D and production. Again, extreme example, but like Mike says, he's a business and can't justify sending repeated free replacements and paying for the parts and shipping each time.

Sounds like the OP broke it. Since he hasn't chimed in here after all these comments, it's a safe bet he knows he screwed the pooch on the second install and has no right to demand a(nother) free replacement.
__________________
02 M3 Vert | 87 4Runner | 80 280ZX


Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod


Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
320de46m47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,001
My Ride: 320D Touring
have you ever heard of marks and spencer in the uk? ...you take anything youve bought there back for any reason (broken , dont like it, wrong colour you broke the zip doing up the fly etc etc) and theyll give you a refund. in fact you dont need a reason you dont even need a receipt. as a consequence they are one of the most successful retailers in the uk

Last edited by 320de46m47; 02-15-2007 at 03:44 PM.
320de46m47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
Philbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the hills and far away
Posts: 1,718
My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320de46m47 View Post
have you ever heard of marks and spencer in the uk? ...you take anything youve bought there back for any reason (broken , dont like it, wrong colour you broke the zip doing up the fly etc etc) and theyll give you a refund. in fact you dont need a reason you dont even need a receipt. as a consequence they are one of the most successful retailers in the uk
Have you heard of apples? They're JUST like oranges!
__________________
02 M3 Vert | 87 4Runner | 80 280ZX


Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod


Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
umnitza
8774866489
 
umnitza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 16,629
My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320de46m47 View Post
have you ever heard of marks and spencer in the uk? ...you take anything youve bought there back for any reason (broken , dont like it, wrong colour you broke the zip doing up the fly etc etc) and theyll give you a refund. in fact you dont need a reason you dont even need a receipt. as a consequence they are one of the most successful retailers in the uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
Have you heard of apples? They're JUST like oranges!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains View Post
The first ring cost us $10 to send out in shipping costs.

The next ring costs us $35 in cost of the ring from our supplier plus $10 shipping cost.

So even sending you the new ring for $35, we are losing $20 total by replacing these. We send replacement rings (without housings) to our customers all the time and rarely does anybody have a problem putting the new ring in the housing.

We're sorry for the trouble you are having but I can't lose $55 total because you're breaking the rings when replacing them. If you came to a point in the replacement of the ring where you thought there might be a problem, you should have stopped, e-mailed us, and we would have helped you out with suggestions on how not to break it.

We have to draw the line somewhere on when free parts are given out, otherwise we won't be around in the long term to serve everyone here on E46Fanatics.
A ring gets sent to you automatically if something is broken during the initial shipment.

100% in agreement here.
__________________
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use