E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #81
vze3t229@verizo

My Ride: E46 DINAN 3
Send a message via Yahoo to vze3t229@verizo
Hey guys,
Thanks for the good word Arronax!!!! As with the body shops and painting......I know of a few places. I had my entire E36 painted to factory fininsh fo almost a year. The finish is superb and I do not have any problems till this day. The bodyshop is called Autoelite. He does custom painting and has his work featured in some well known auto mags. Give them a call his name is Brian. The bodyshops we (Checkered Flag) deal are Art Walkers, Phillips Collision and Eurofinish. I personally would go with Phillips. They also deal with all other german makes and used paints approved for BMW and Mercedes. The companies listed above also repairs boby/paints our used and certified used autos along with some of our rentals that customers f'd up. Either of these companis are reputable and we deal with those companies on a day to day basis. I just can't understand why the guy with a CSL-bumper is not happy. Art Walkers.....these people are great!!! To each there own!!

Jeff
Checkered Flag BMW Parts
DINAN Perfomance Rep
vze3t229@verizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #82
vze3t229@verizo

Hey guys,
Bored!!!!! So whats the plan of attack for today!!!! Any suggestions!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #83
o0hitman0o

My Ride: 2008 R1
mall food drive
Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #84
Arronax

My Ride: '04 Alpine M3
House hunting was scrubbed, so I have all day. My car is wrecked between the rain/snow + pollen... anything happening?

Anyone know a place that sells PC Polishers? I checked Wal-mart, Target and Home Depot, no luck. If not, I'll just get it online.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #85
o0hitman0o

My Ride: 2008 R1
you could try northern tools on independence blvd in the circuit city parking lot or harbor freight down military
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #86
RJ2kWJ

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by vze3t229@verizo View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks for the good word Arronax!!!! As with the body shops and painting......I know of a few places. I had my entire E36 painted to factory fininsh fo almost a year. The finish is superb and I do not have any problems till this day. The bodyshop is called Autoelite. He does custom painting and has his work featured in some well known auto mags. Give them a call his name is Brian. The bodyshops we (Checkered Flag) deal are Art Walkers, Phillips Collision and Eurofinish. I personally would go with Phillips. They also deal with all other german makes and used paints approved for BMW and Mercedes. The companies listed above also repairs boby/paints our used and certified used autos along with some of our rentals that customers f'd up. Either of these companis are reputable and we deal with those companies on a day to day basis. I just can't understand why the guy with a CSL-bumper is not happy. Art Walkers.....these people are great!!! To each there own!!

Jeff
Checkered Flag BMW Parts
DINAN Perfomance Rep
Well I've gotten a bumper done there before and they did a good job... But this time around I delivered the bumper and asked them to prep it, keep the grill black, and do your normal great job on the bumper.

So I get it back and have to go back to school so I cant keep it there longer, and the lines from the mold are still there, the grill is blue, and the paint peeled off no more than a month later along the left side of the bumper.
RJ2kWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #87
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
^^^ Please specify which shop you are refering to that you had taken a bumper too and they did a crappy job? The quoted poster listed four? I just went to AutoElite and schedualed painting for sideskirts and a few touchups, I can't attest to the work yet, but will now be somewhat concerned if you are refering to them?
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #88
RJ2kWJ

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
^^^ Please specify which shop you are refering to that you had taken a bumper too and they did a crappy job? The quoted poster listed four? I just went to AutoElite and schedualed painting for sideskirts and a few touchups, I can't attest to the work yet, but will now be somewhat concerned if you are refering to them?
Nope... I am going to Auto Elite next because I hear they do a great job.

I am referring to Art Walkers.
RJ2kWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #89
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Thanks for clarification, another poster said Art Walkers did a poor job. Autotalent seems to know what they are doing, but I will know for sure at the end of April, plus the estimate I got wasn't bad.
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #90
vze3t229@verizo

It's official, I am working and it's boring!!!!

No fun at Checkered Flag Today!!!

Jeff
Checkered Flag BMW Parts: tsk:
Old 04-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #91
Arronax

Sunday is my free day and I hear the sky is going to fall out, so I'm guessing nothing happening this week...

Offtopic: Looking at rims....can't decide:

19" Daytona in Brushed Aluminum or Anthracite

OR

19" Seneka, same materials

I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #92
Arronax

BTW Jeff, I was up there test driving that gray M3 cabrio you guys have. The power in that thing is awesome, but is it me or does the SMG tranny really suck the big one? I didn't have fun shifting AT ALL.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #93
vze3t229@verizo

Bmw M3

Hey guy,
Well, you said it.....i didn't!!!! In my humble opinion, sMg does SUCK big time...more than a hooker on Church St.

Jeff
Checkered Flag BMW Part Assoc
Old 04-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #94
Arronax

Installed my security system today, so far so good. Only took me about an hour. I'll need to come up and get it activated next week.
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #95
Crazy Russian

My Ride: BMW 330Ci SMG
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Russian Send a message via Yahoo to Crazy Russian
I got the SMG on my bimmer.....i got to tell you its not what i hoped it would be. Its great in Sport mode but otherwise....blah. Its fast and shift well but its not smooth at all.

Is there any meets comming up.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #96
GR8 WHITE

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Intro

Hi guys I previously owned a black 2000 323ci, yellow S2000 and now I have a white 2004 330i zhp, and I absolutely love my 330i. I'm into doing small mods here and there whenever possible, just looking forward into local meets. Oh... by the way I'm from chesapeake.

Looking forward to a meet.
GR8 WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #97
Arronax

Welcome, nice to see more southern Virginia people!

We really need to do a meet sometime. The weather has not been on our side so far though. Anyone who's been to a meet around here before know what's a good plan?

BTW, I never noticed before, but does anyone ever bring their car up to the shopping center on Haygood and Independance Blvd? Usually it's a ton of domestic classics, but I've seen V-dubs and some ricers up there before. Might be something to think about as a starting point. Pick some fights with the Vettes Kidding!
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #98
hokie330ci

My Ride: '03 330ci
WHAT'S UP!?!? glad to hear there's some fanatics in the area! drop me a line if y'all are meeting, driving, whatever. i drive a tiag 330ci, pretty much stock with angel eyes. youll probably catch me down at the oceanfront where i live, or around the janaf area where i work. would try to get up for something this weekend, but i'm headed up to hin in chantilly (my home town).

ps, i read this thread after the other one, so sorry jeff for flaming checkered flag parts dept. they're just always quoting me way over realoem. but, i'll forgive you guys if you can hook me up with a deal on dinan stuff haha, seriously though, i'm right around the corner on kempsville so i'll drop by one day to say what's up.
hokie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #99
Crazy Russian

My Ride: BMW 330Ci SMG
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Russian Send a message via Yahoo to Crazy Russian
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie330ci View Post
WHAT'S UP!?!? glad to hear there's some fanatics in the area! drop me a line if y'all are meeting, driving, whatever. i drive a tiag 330ci, pretty much stock with angel eyes. youll probably catch me down at the oceanfront where i live, or around the janaf area where i work. would try to get up for something this weekend, but i'm headed up to hin in chantilly (my home town).

ps, i read this thread after the other one, so sorry jeff for flaming checkered flag parts dept. they're just always quoting me way over realoem. but, i'll forgive you guys if you can hook me up with a deal on dinan stuff haha, seriously though, i'm right around the corner on kempsville so i'll drop by one day to say what's up.
Hey Dude!! I work near JANAF also. I used to live at the Oceanfront but moved here to Norfolk. Do you drive a black one? I work right there near wallmart
Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #100
hokie330ci

My Ride: '03 330ci
nah, titanium silver. i'm right off of kempsville across from sentara leigh hospital.
hokie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote