E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #1401
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
<-- eyes hurt

I just read this entire thread straight through...

good thread thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #1402
FIXEDupW203

My Ride: a bucket on wheels
Sorry if this has been answered before but is it illegal to tint/smoke the rear tail lights? I have heard that as long as the brake lights are visible when applied than its okay? Any truth to this? TIA
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #1403
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEDupW203 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before but is it illegal to tint/smoke the rear tail lights? I have heard that as long as the brake lights are visible when applied than its okay? Any truth to this? TIA
what i learned from what I read....it is fine as long as lights visible from at least 1000 ft.... and general tip is if you can see some red when the lights are off you are fine....

correct me if I am wrong....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 AM   #1404
SneakyMike

My Ride: W211 E55 M Coupe R6
Send a message via AIM to SneakyMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Rules for making sure that you will get a ticket from me.

4) Have a radar detector. I know, they're not illegal, but in my opinion if you try to get out of tickets, so when I catch you, you need to get spanked by daddy
Thats why I hardwired my V1.. and its hidden

BTW WHats your take on Jammers?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #1405
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEDupW203 View Post

I know someone else below me said 1000 ft, but I'm pretty sure its 500 ft. My rule is that if it seems to dark, I cite them and let the person who inspects the car figure it out. For me to cite you though, it has to be really, really dark or you have to be an *******...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #1406
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejay22 View Post
one other question, is having a police scanner; or what would happen if you pulled me over and saw one.
It doesn't really bother me...I may ask to search your car to make sure you don't have it for scandalous reasons, but I uesd to have a scanner when I was earlier and I would drive around with it, so I don't see it as being a problem.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #1407
jason 77

My Ride: 2001 330xi 5speed
Hi I was told that I should post this here,

well ok so today I got a speeding ticket for 60 in a 45 zone.... on december 23 2006 I got a speeding ticket for 61 in a 45.... Until december 23 I han't had a speeding ticket or anything since like 1998.

here is my question,

how many "points" might be taken off of my license for this new ticket I know my my insurance going up and I have no problem paying the ticket itself. Also last time I got a ticket I opted to take the class so it would not go on my insurance..... but I forgot about taking the class until it was too late....

I live in roseville california so if anyone near me knows thanks.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:35 AM   #1408
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
My turn, my turn...

Jason,

Your 1st ticket earned you one point. The fact that you signed up for traffic school but never attended or turned in a certificate only means you just paid the court some extra money (the traffic school fee)… Your conviction still stands and is recorded as a point on your record.

Your 2nd ticket will earn you another point UNLESS you post bail, pay the additional traffic school fee, sign up for & attend a class and more importantly, TURN IN A CERTICATE OF COMPLETION on or BEFORE THE DUE DATE.

You are allowed 4 pts in 1 yr (12/23/06 thru 12/22/07 in your case), 6 pts in 2 yrs or 8 pts in 3 yrs… any of those situations will earn you the title of a “Habitual Offender” (by DMV terminology) which means a 6 month suspension + 1 year of probation (during which you must not receive any citations or be involved in any accidents where you are found at fault).

Incidentally, your 2nd ticket should be a little cheaper (around $100 or around $130 with the Traffic School Fee) than your 1st since s/he wrote you up for 15mph over instead of 16mph over like the 1st one.

Cliff notes:
You now have 2 points unless you turn in a Traffic school Certificate of Completion for your second ticket.

Total cost, about $130 plus what you'll have to pay for the class.

Not being sarcastic but at the rate you're going, you will earn your 4th point by mid November/07 & lose your licence for 6 months.
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #1409
kaluahjeff

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Time to drain that lead out of your foot!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #1410
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluahjeff View Post
Time to drain that lead out of your foot!
Or go to the police academy so you can speed all you want

Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #1411
jason 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
My turn, my turn...

Jason,

Your 1st ticket earned you one point. The fact that you signed up for traffic school but never attended or turned in a certificate only means you just paid the court some extra money (the traffic school fee)… Your conviction still stands and is recorded as a point on your record.

Your 2nd ticket will earn you another point UNLESS you post bail, pay the additional traffic school fee, sign up for & attend a class and more importantly, TURN IN A CERTICATE OF COMPLETION on or BEFORE THE DUE DATE.

You are allowed 4 pts in 1 yr (12/23/06 thru 12/22/07 in your case), 6 pts in 2 yrs or 8 pts in 3 yrs… any of those situations will earn you the title of a “Habitual Offender” (by DMV terminology) which means a 6 month suspension + 1 year of probation (during which you must not receive any citations or be involved in any accidents where you are found at fault).

Incidentally, your 2nd ticket should be a little cheaper (around $100 or around $130 with the Traffic School Fee) than your 1st since s/he wrote you up for 15mph over instead of 16mph over like the 1st one.

Cliff notes:
You now have 2 points unless you turn in a Traffic school Certificate of Completion for your second ticket.

Total cost, about $130 plus what you'll have to pay for the class.

Not being sarcastic but at the rate you're going, you will earn your 4th point by mid November/07 & lose your licence for 6 months.

Hey thanks for all the information! I really appreciate it!

Update... the information I gave was wrong the last speeding ticket wasn't dec 23 2006 it was dec 23 2005... don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I will try for the traffic school this time and if I can take it I will and actually complete it this time around!

Another interesting thing is I was looking at the ticket it's self today and noticed that the officer had checked "lidar" as the means of detection! I didn't know they used that around here?

Again thanks for all the information.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #1412
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

My Ride: 2001 325i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
3twentyfizzive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #1413
kaluahjeff

Quote:
I like your thinking...!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #1414
Speeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 77 View Post
Hey thanks for all the information! I really appreciate it!

Update... the information I gave was wrong the last speeding ticket wasn't dec 23 2006 it was dec 23 2005... don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I will try for the traffic school this time and if I can take it I will and actually complete it this time around!

Another interesting thing is I was looking at the ticket it's self today and noticed that the officer had checked "lidar" as the means of detection! I didn't know they used that around here?

Again thanks for all the information.
You're welcome... and as far as the date of your first ticket, and since you never actually took advantage of traffic school the first time, it has no affect on your eligibility for traffic school for your second citation. What I'm trying to say is you should still be able to take traffic school for this citation. Do one of the online courses (you can actuall finish it in less than 8 hours ).
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #1415
OHCM3

Quote:
You're welcome... and as far as the date of your first ticket, and since you never actually took advantage of traffic school the first time, it has no affect on your eligibility for traffic school for your second citation. What I'm trying to say is you should still be able to take traffic school for this citation. Do one of the online courses (you can actuall finish it in less than 8 hours ).
Before I had my badge I had my share of tickets, and these online schools are great...you should be able to finish in an hour or less...

Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #1416
jason 77

Quote:
Before I had my badge I had my share of tickets, and these online schools are great...you should be able to finish in an hour or less...
Ok great! thanks again for all the information guys, I really appreciate it!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #1417
Speeder

Quote:
OHCM,

When you're in uniform do you have a partner and if you do, do you guys argue about who gets to drive?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 AM   #1418
kaluahjeff

Crown Vics suck
Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #1419
OHCM3

Quote:
OHCM,

When you're in uniform do you have a partner and if you do, do you guys argue about who gets to drive?

For the most part, we run one man cars in the LASD, but when I work with a partner, usually not an issue. Believe it or not, people for the most part prefer to be passenger than driver. Its a little less stressful

Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #1420
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluahjeff View Post
Crown Vics suck
Believe it or not, they are actually pretty cool. When you go to class to learn how to drive them, you really push them to the limit, and they handle way, way better then you would imagine. I have actually pushed the Ford harder than my M3 and had great results.

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa